Sunglass Hut
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Sunglass Hut Employee Reviews

Australia34 reviews
I liked the job itself, but in terms of being trained we were on our own. As Christmas casuals we worked in very busy hours and fast paced environments. However, the manager and some of the girls there were quite rude and snappy. I think the regulars there seemed to crack under pressure, but overall the job itself as a sales position was quite good and a fun job to have.
Typical day involved me having to greet customers and engaging in conversations understanding their needs and preferences. The workplace had a vibrant and friendly atmosphere. The management team was super friendly and smart.
Loved the job when I first started but the company changed dramatically and then I was just a number . Staff was never looked after . Not appreciated at all .
All about the business, not the people.
When issues arise, HR and management don't deal with it professionally or sensitively.

High turnover of staff casual and management.

Managers receive low pay, but okay bonuses.

Very competitive and pushy regarding budgets.

HR and regional managers not supportive or helpful
Working at sunglass hut was quite rewarding. Good pay and fun culture. Hour are quite flexible. Great job to have if you are a student. Work life balance is great.
Terrible management team where shifts are allocated based on popularity and power. Some days we travel 3 hours to do a short 2 -3 hour shift which is not fair.
It used to be difficult at times as the role given to me was to manage the store which includes opening and closing of store. This required punctuality as I couldn’t afford to be late as we could miss out on prospective customers.
I loved working there! Just not enough shift! Overall it was a good experience and loved the team I was working with! The manager was not as good,because she was knew just like as,most times she didn’t know what to do with certain situations made the work place bit stressful, however she improved as she goes
Enjoyed working there meet some lovely people & Would still be there if didn’t close
Learning new things meeting new people

It helped me to get we’re i am today with retail experience
The team was a incredible energetic team, with lots of positive reinforcement, Would highly recommend any one to work for a great company. great benefits for staff on sunglasses
Best retail exposure so far. Started working in Sunglass hut Watergardens Kiosk and recently moved into a store in the same location.
I have learnt a lot in customer engagement and other sales skills that has helped me in my career.
This job was, for the most part, accomidating, fun and engaging. The other employees were very laid back without sacrificing effenciency and it all made for a productive but low stress environment. The customers were sometimes cranky, as is common for retail, but overall they were understanding and patient. At worst sometimes the sales goals were a lot higher than we could manage, but that just made it all the more satisfying when we made budget.

However, corperate fired me because I was going to visit my overseas family during Christmas - the family whom I won't have seen in over a year by then. The manager was very apologetic and kind. She offered to be a great reference for me, but I still left the job with a bad taste in my mouth because they FIRED me from my casual position for wanting to take a week off work to see my family 4 months from now!

Without that unfortunate ending (which was at no fault of the in-store manager or other employees) I would have given this job a much higher rating.
Helping Customers with the best of your capabilities, plus a vibrant environment/ atmosphere and exciting coworkers that really boost up your motivation to work.
The managers are friendly and helpful and also to co-workers.
The IT system it's functional and easy to access/ learn.

Great produtcs with a variety of brands that helps a lot to sale.
As a manager of 3 stores at one stage, (Bankstown Kiosk, Roselands, and open Burwood ) my job was challenging, however mostly enjoyable .
Some members of staff were , some others extremely helpful.

My immediate manager always so helpful.

Difficult to maintain security at the time, the Bankstown Kiosk always a challenge.

Enjoyable to serve different culture/types of costumers. meeting some unusual characters.
Pros
Beeing surrunded by younger people/costumers.
Cons
Maitaining securityy
I learnt a lot of product knowledge about each sunglass and what brands were used.
Great place to work with great team mates and a welcoming environment, always something to do especially within a MYER store.
Pros
Sales incentives/commission
Cons
changing rosters
team was lovely, management not so much. very unprofessional asking personal questions and when i advised her i was in the middle of a separation she fired me because she knew the person i had separated from personally.
I find work extremely helpful in many ways, as such it helps me with my time management and it keeps me busy therefore i'm not lazy. I find interacting with customers and getting to know some personally really enjoyable.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Amazing company to work for. Always new things to learn. Staff are always friendly and great to work with. Management is great and super friendly Definitely not the type of management to freak out over when they come down to vist
Working with the team and people was always fun. I learnt a lot about professionalism and presentation, and built on most retail and cleaning skills I had, as well as learnt a few new ones.
I was responsible for meeting and exceeding store budgets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, as well as reaching personal KPI’s. I assisted with the visual merchandising of new stock and the store set up for promotions and events. I developed exceptional customer service skills, assisting customers with purchasing high price point items. I also established positive relationships with a divers range of customers to help build a reliable and profitable circle of “regulars”.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunglass Hut. Our community is ready to answer.