Sunglass Hut Employee Reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 1,149 reviews
Amazing Company
CASUAL SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD23 July 2018
Amazing company to work for. Always new things to learn. Staff are always friendly and great to work with. Management is great and super friendly Definitely not the type of management to freak out over when they come down to vist
Sociable and fun
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 January 2018
Working with the team and people was always fun. I learnt a lot about professionalism and presentation, and built on most retail and cleaning skills I had, as well as learnt a few new ones.
fun, professional and inviting environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highpoint Shopping Centre VIC7 November 2017
I was responsible for meeting and exceeding store budgets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, as well as reaching personal KPI’s. I assisted with the visual merchandising of new stock and the store set up for promotions and events. I developed exceptional customer service skills, assisting customers with purchasing high price point items. I also established positive relationships with a divers range of customers to help build a reliable and profitable circle of “regulars”.
A fun and challenging enviroment
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Mooloolaba QLD29 August 2017
I enjoyed my time here and am happy to discuss in person the pros and cons of this work place. Overall, the managers and company were easy to deal with and encouraging.
Pros
discount glasses and insentives
Cons
odd hours and inflexible.
interesting workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colonnades SA11 August 2017
A typical day at my work is your by yourself for couple hours just walking around the shop constantly cleaning glasses not doing much, waiting for someone to come in, but when some one does come in its great fun. The shop is located in a very dead end of the mall, so don't get many people through depending on the certain times of the year ie; Summer is obviously great, winter sucks. Get a lot of interesting characters walk past or come into the shop and definitely some dodgy people that try to steal from us..
I've definitely learned heaps working at sunglass hut, improved my social skills, communication, time management and working with money/banking and dealing with personal information of customers. The workplace and work people are great fun and so nice and friendly i do love working with people rather than myself but at the moment cant change that. Hardest part of the job for me is dealing with the people that try to come in and steal glasses. Enjoyable bits are when we make sales or have happy chatty customers, or manage to make the weekly budget.
Pros
Meet great people, Great associates and boss
Cons
Boring, dodgy people 20% of the time
Fun and friendly
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport NSW28 June 2017
I was working with a great team and we all achieved great results together. Nothing was too hard for us to achieve and everyone in my team was hardworking and responsible. I also got a great deal of support from my area manager.
I learned a lot about store management, reporting, budgeting, roster building.
I was also placed in a leadership workshop over the period of 3 months, which I enjoyed a lot.
Pros
Great opportunities to learn about store operation and team management
Cons
During peak season it was quite stressful
the team
Assistant (Former Employee) –  QVB5 April 2017
The team are great, very fun environment and positive.

The best place to help customers with providing them the best possible product that meet their needs. Theres always helping hand from staff.
My work day in Sunglasshut
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney international airport21 December 2016
To start the morning shift of the day, I arrived at the store at 6 a.m and start to do cash float and hash count of stock after I pumped the music (which is very important to me), and then check up if there is any notes or messages left by night-shift colleague. Cleaning up the store and the sunnies is an important duty throughout the day, the store has to be tidy up and organized. Customers started to walk in and this is the hardest part and also the most enjoyable part of my job since sales industry is all about meeting customers, helping them with the right choices and making them satisfied of what they had chosen. After a few hours my co-workers will start the shift and we log onto our email and start to greet our colleagues from other stores around Australia. We talked about funny stories happened to us and doing stock transfer and check through phone. Moreover, we share our KPI and sales progress on the email, to encourage and compete with each other. I learnt a lot from work in terms of customer service and store management, and colleagues and managers are kind. It was happy to be one of them and work in such a nice environment.
Pros
nice and kind working environment
Cons
long hours sometimes
Challenging sales role
Sales Consultant/Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney16 August 2016
This role allowed me to develop strong communication skills to provide outstanding customer service and deal with difficult situations.
Fun workplace with friendly co-workers
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Perth WA12 July 2016
A typical day at work could range anywhere from quiet to extremely busy. Responsibilities included interacting with customers, handling cash, keeping the store clean and arranging stock. The manager/assistant manager were very helpful to me and were friendly and approachable, as were all of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the week around Christmas when the store was particularly busy, but as a team you learn to work together and be efficient. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the friendly people I got to work with, not to mention the great benefits and allowances given to me as an employee.
Pros
Great benefits and discounts, friendly team
Cons
Limited available hours
Relaxed casual work environment
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange NSW7 July 2016
Working at Luxottica Sunglass Hut is enjoyable every step of the way. Staff and management are all lovely and great to work with.
A typical day in the Kiosk involves serving customers (new and returning) over the phone and face to face, providing them with product and policy knowledge and assisting them with choosing the pair of glasses that most suit them. Performing sales transactions both cash and card, cleaning stock and display cases, receiving and processing new shipments, and finalising revenue counts and banking. There is an ever ongoing myriad of things to learn at Luxottica, which I greatly look forward to.
Pros
Staff Vouchers
Cons
Not enough hours
Amazing
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA2 March 2016
SGH are a fantastic company to work for. Their company culture is second to none. Great management, fair hours - all in all a great stepping stone for anyone wanting to enter the retail industry.
Entertaining, fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD22 January 2016
Dealing with customers and helping them find the best sunglasses! The people I worked with were funny and super helpful and I learnt a lot more than I expected in my short time there. The retail experience was great and is somewhere I would like to find another job in!
Pros
best sunglasses
Cons
standing
Productive and fun workplace
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW28 September 2015
I loved the discounts and the competitive pay. they work around your schedule and theyre generous when giving extra hours.
Fun, exciting and challenging
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miranda26 August 2015
Managing a sunglass hut store was a rewarding position.
Working with a wonderful team of staff is an absolute bonus with supportive members caring for our store.
Pros
Selling wonderful products
Nys
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fountain Gate2 March 2014
Worked as a part time team member which gave me an opportunity to work in retails business and shopping compex. Interacted with different kind of customers from executives to tradies which helped me to improve my customer service skills.