Sunrice
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Sunrice Employee Reviews

Australia14 reviews
warehose crew work well as ateam.friendly manager with intrapersonal skills
efficient and constructive

night shift team great

eager to upskill employeess
Work hard & make good money, plus you can work up the chain of command if you show leadership & have good work ethics . Plus the added bonus of working for local farmers and helping our economy
Bullying on a daily basis, manager dismissed it , Team Leader bullying a good worker who did nothing to warrant this, everyday .
Job is good, pay is very good, majority of people very good, people who smoke have very long smoko.
During my time at SunRice, i learnt alot and did progress to a higher position after starting on the factory floor.
The working environment was going through many changes.
People there are friendly, fun and hardworking. It is easy to learn and also very repetitive. But once you are used to it, everything is pretty okay. =)
it had its challenges like all jobs and it was really good, management and people were awesome. I only had to leave because they are going through a rough patch with no rain and the rice growers. if thatwas not going on I reckon I wold still be there.
Sadly company is greatly impacted by macro factors such as weather and water availability, and abrasive culture.

Lacking people managers that engage and lead. Questionable behaviours by some.
Wouldn't recommend working for this company, with limited training, high expectations, Old processors, old equipment, old work environment, actually very sub standard in this day and age.
A typical day at work started early/late as it was shift work. I learnt more then anything how to efficiently manage machinery to achieve the best output of product available. The management was not professional and not willing enough to fix even small problems. The culture is very shallow as there is no real progression. The hardest part of the job was working with what we had. The most enjoyable part was working with mates.
The jobs are not overly difficult but the tools & equipment provided do not meet the standards for the required job. All positions are vulnerable from packer to site manager (revolving door)
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Shift work
This job was a really amazing learning experience that taught me how to work with all sorts of people as well as teach me more about how to balance work commitments with other commitments.
Learnt a lot very good workplace, plenty of jobs there the people that work there and run the place are good, enjoyed being a part of sunrice and there's plenty of labourers jobs
Pros
Work ute
Cons
great place to work, learnt a lot of skills and had awesome support from above. best part of job was meeting new people and helping them grow
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
my manager was useless
A normal day ay work would include coordinating export and domestic requiremnts for the site, this involved fumigation of product, sourcing shipping containers, rail rolling stock and road transport.
I learned the fundimentals of logistics in this role. the management team were very down to earth and supported staff at all time. the co-workers were very friendly and it was a great place to work.

The hardest part of the job was being made redundant due to the drought in 2007. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to train other staff in the various roles within the warehouse/ supply chain environment
Pros
regular training to ensure skills were updated in line with industry standards
Cons
the drought closed the site I was based at