Sunseeker Employee Reviews

Clear and nice workplace
Bench Joiner (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset4 February 2019
The work at Sunseeker was great. It was a job I liked and there were great people at work. I learned a lot of new stuff and got a lot of experience. The leadership of Sunseeker was great. I was glad to be part of the team and work together on the project.
good place to work
Engine management (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset19 December 2018
nice friendly environment, plenty of overtime and easy work to get on with. Good variety of work within the workplace if your willing and keen to learn and improve continuously
A Great experience
Electrical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset17 December 2018
I enjoyed my time at sunseeker, they taught me hands on skills to build electrical circuits. Fellow staff were friendly and I felt comfortable around them. I would like to work for the company in the future.
Chaotic and unfriendly
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Poole Harbour20 August 2018
Role undefined, so constantly changing at manager's whim. Internal supply in dire array. No support. Unable to quantify outcomes. Inadequate and infrequent training. Big egos to deal with. Line manager had personal problems - care responsibilities, acrimonious divorce - often absent from the office. Man-hater. Surrounds herself with a posse of female staff. Back-stabbing environment. Ruled by emotions. Disposed of five temporary staff within the last eight weeks. Unprofessional. Senior management aloof, allowing middle management to run riot. Big turnover but tiny profit - indicates poor management. Massive wastage. Great product but terrible company - AVOID!
Pros
On site canteens.
Cons
Long hours, unpaid overtime, poor pay, poor management (particularly in procurement/supply chain), unfriendly workforce, chaotic management ruled by emotions. No parking at shipyards.
Not a nice 6 years
finisher (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset31 July 2018
Terrible place to work, many were unfairly dismissed during my time there, they changed rules regularly to cause problems for certain individuals. People were singled out and bullied. Managers and team leaders had the worst people skills I have seen in a company. Left due to stress at work.
Cons
see above
Enjoyable work with good colleagues and flexible hours.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Poole quay13 February 2017
Brilliant company who provided me with an excellent four year apprenticeship as well as training in a range of machinery. They also encouraged evening and weekend overtime which is very helpful.
Pros
Flexible hours and good training
Cons
Fairly infrequent material/parts shortages
An Excellent Workplace
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset13 February 2017
A challenging variety of work that gave great experience in many different aspects of carpentry.A really good environment to work in with very friendly members of staff and management.
Ambiente de trabajo normal con descanso y en oportunidades merienda de compartir entre compañeros.
Coordinador de Administración (Former Employee) –  Caracas, Distrito Capital22 July 2016
Empresa pequeña, dirigida básicamente por el Presidente y dueño de la misma y el Gerente General. Con miras a exportar lo producido luego de cubrir el mercado Nacional. Actualmente buscando espacio físico para realizar su producción de jugos Alberry a base de Uva y Cranberry sin intermediarios.
Pros
Seguro IVSS
Cons
Apegada a beneficios de la LOTT únicamente.
Fun place
Boat preparation (Former Employee) –  Cannes25 September 2015
I was surprised how easy the job was and how really nice were my co-workers.

There were no hard part in this job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to work with other people as we never were alone it made the job more entertaining.
Productive work place
Marine Electrician (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset16 October 2013
My typical day of work depends on a boat build stage. Firstly need to familiarise myself with the build specification, secondly plan all electrical items and machinery positions, prepare cables calculation, than fit, connect and test it all together taking into account health and safety regulations.
Position requires close work with a management to keep them informed about the work progress, issues, and my ideas to resolve them.
Close collaboration with engineers, plumbers, carpenters, etc. is essential to make sure there is a good communication between the teams to ensure faultless build according to schedule.
The hardest part of the job is to deal with any changes to the specification in the last build stage.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the final product ( 50m Motor Yacht) works perfectly.
productive and fun place.
carpenter (Former Employee) –  poole28 February 2013
high standard boat bulding carpentyr all stages. long expirence.
Pros
lunches paid
Enjoyable Work Place
Goods In (Former Employee) –  Poole Shipyards31 January 2013
I enjoyed my time apart from the team leaders who liked to refer to people by there surname or were rather rude.
A typical work day would begin at 0800 and finish at 1615, I got on very well with my co-workers. I learnt many new skills including what most parts are used for when assembling the boats.
The hardest part of my job was working in an open warehouse when it was cold or wet although I soon got used to this.
The most enjoyable part of the day was interacting with my co-workers and having a laugh with them
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
the way the team leaders spoke to people