Super Amart Employee Reviews

Clueless management and constant staff cuts
Despatch Clerk (Current Employee) –  Morayfield QLD21 May 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE.

The senior management of Amart are grossly overpaid and so far out of touch with the day to day work. They set ridiculous targets for performance, offer no support to reach them and then blame the store for failing to achieve said goals.

All this while constantly cutting staff every few months - 2 rounds of redundancy already this year and its only May -
Pros
you can pay your bills
Cons
the entire business
Fast paced
Storeperson/Forklift Operator/despatch (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD20 May 2018
Enjoyed my ten years with the company.fast paced job always busy good friendly staff and management and made some good friends as well.overall a big thumbs up.
customer service based
Office assistant, Inventory (Current Employee) –  Dandenong VIC4 May 2018
answering phone calls, dealing with customers, learnt alot about finance. harders part of the job is being yelled at by angry customers, most enjoyable is the atmosphere
Pros
discounts
Cons
regional manager
Unprofessional workplace
Casual Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 May 2018
The management team are corrupt and you have to pick who you can trust. I was bullied by a manager, however when I had approached another manager about the situation it was NOT kept confidential. The initial manager continued being passive aggressive (they were doing the rosters during the time and deliberately assigned me with NO hours) and I had to leave as a result of the unprofessional conduct by the management team.
The only thing that had kept me going were the friendly sales team, however, the industry was extremely competitive and all about money instead of the people. Personally, I was more stressed about the difficult coworkers rather than customers.
Overall, the workplace environment was poor in the management team as they have no idea what they're doing half of the time.
Pros
Sales coworkers
Cons
Productive, enjoyable environment to work in
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Joondalup WA12 April 2018
Never a dull day, product knowledge evenings are a lot of fun. The management are very helpful and help in every way to make your job enviroment a great place to work in. The hardest part of the job I would have to say in the lifting of heavy furniture, but then having trolleys help immensely.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Very early morning starts
Fun, easy going fast paced environtment
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Auburn NSW6 April 2018
I enjoyed my time at Amart my manager was fun and fair and I enjoyed working with my colleague's
Each day was different and there was opportunity to develop or relocate
Pros
Cons
Not always enough hours
Good company to work for, great in store managers
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pakenham VIC31 March 2018
A normal day in reception is dealing with customers orders, making sure all paper work & details are correct. I have learned a lot about the large family of Amart, the support they give staff, how they source their products & what they expect from staff, all management are very supportive & always go that extra mile.
Pros
Staff discounts & free morning tea every so often
Cons
can't think of any
A lot of employees were hostile toward management and fellow workers
Forklift Driver / Storeman (Former Employee) –  Underwood QLD19 February 2018
A typical day at work consisted of picking orders for Super A-mart stores. The warehouse was disorganised and overstocked from over ordering.There were a lot of employees under the influence of illicit drugs every day, creating an atmosphere of overt hostility. I didn't like it. (Hence my eventual resignation). The hardest part of the job was trying to find the actual products, as they were hardly ever in the correct locations. The safety aspect side of things was non-existent. Employees were constantly flouting safety rules(standing on tines etc.) The most enjoyable part of the job was going home at the end of my shift.
Pros
Working afternoon shift
Cons
Management not acting upon drug culture
A Kindergarten to work within.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Queensland19 February 2018
Being part of the ‘Casual’ sale team has been a real eye opener. The Team / people I work with are great and just like any other work place, we all realise that we need to work and do our best as a team. In house management 2IC / Branch managers are OK yet seem to be puppets towing the long line of the ‘AMART’ way.

Part of the ‘Mission Statement’ pushes the importance of its people on all levels yet being on the inside that’s all just propaganda, with recent internally events proving just so.

Senior management that float from store to store are not focusing on its ‘Back Bone’ being its ‘PEOPLE’ it’s all now just about dollar.

Work environment is OK yet with the internal systems being heavy handed; it’s more often than not a Kindergarten to work within.
Pros
The friends i've made.
Cons
Kindergarten environment - The focus on $$$ not people
Fairly easy going most of the time
Despatch worker (Current Employee) –  Prospect NSW30 January 2018
pros: good pay rate
pros: easy work not to hard
pros: generally nice people you can relate to
pros: people get an opportunity to be promoted
pros: they tend to give you flexibility managers tend to make sure you are getting shifts
Sales
Casual Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Queensland22 January 2018
Love the people I work with – all levels yet Amart suffers from the norm that occurs with all large business. Its ‘ALL’ about the $$$ and ‘NOT’ the people.

1. Top heavy with management
2. The preaching of our company standards yet that’s all smoke and mirrors
3. Full of bureaucracy
4. People – staff treated as if we were within a heard – child care centre
Pros
A Team environment
Cons
Management processes and Approach - People are second NOT first
Productive, fun work place & good people
2IC Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia QLD15 January 2018
Picking and packing stock. Despatching. Loading & unloading trucks and containers. Learning the in's & out's of the business. Culture is great. Management very understandable and would not ask of anything that they would not do themselves. Hardest part of the job for me was tolerating lazy people. Which created more work for everyone else. The best part of the job was the good people that I met & that made work enjoyable. Overall, a great place to work.
Good manager
Administration Assistant/ Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Helensvale QLD15 January 2018
Good manager at Logan central
Fun happy team
Wages are a little low and they expect you to do a lot of sales
Good training
Helensvale was not a good experience wouldn’t recommend that store to anyone
Pros
Pushy for sales, wages are average, poor staff treatment from head office if your not a sales super star
Cons
Had a great manager, good work colleagues
Welcoming and Encouraging Team Environment
Sales Team Member (Current Employee) –  Springwood QLD17 December 2017
Overall the company is a great place to work. The team are generally friendly and helpful. The targets are firm but achievable and it is a great place if you are looking for advancement in the workplace.
Pros
Commission Targets, Sales Targets and Team Environment
Cons
Hours Available
Manager not worthy to manage
Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 November 2017
When you speak to someone in confidence who is in a higher role than the store manager, don't expect it to be confidential. Can't trust anyone there, ruthless and backstabbing. I feel for the staff that get stuck in the rut of Amart. I did learn what I will not do to my own staff at the next company I work for.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Rubbish training
Enjoyed helping setup the Bankstown store
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Bankstown NSW1 November 2017
Hard work but great people.
Great benefits.
What I learned was some more aspects of sales
The hardest part of the job was the long hours
The best part was when the store officially opened and being involved in the doorbuster promotions.
If you're after equality then keep looking
Forklift Driver/Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Jandakot WA28 October 2017
I worked there for a few years and can say that it's extremely stressful, not due to the work but the people you work around, no matter how many toolboxes you have, you're getting the same issues constantly from the same people and it gets swept under the mat everytime. Teamwork is scarce
Pros
Also discounted broken furniture
Cons
Don't leave your cutlery in the smoko room
Productive and Enjoyable
Pick and Packer (Former Employee) –  Jandakot WA25 October 2017
Great company to work for, workplace culture fantastic.
The people I worked with ranged from young to old, the work can be physically demanding when staff not replaced,
Pros
Free Barbeques
Cons
Physical work
Production
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wacol QLD25 September 2017
Was ok but need work at management level so that the employees were more aware of the work needed to be done. Needed work with single mums not being able to work every weekend.
Great people and work.
Despatch Storeman (Former Employee) –  Virginia QLD16 September 2017
I worked as a casual in dispatch for 6 months and really enjoy the camaraderie with my fellow workers and the physical work. If you don't like physical work its probably not for you. I think of it as gym and getting paid for it. Its not full on all the time and I got to do customer pick ups as part of the job which is enjoyable as customers are excited to get their product. Money is on par with other stores jobs and working Saturdays and Sundays pay really good. The management is hard but very fair as long as you do your job as expected no problems. The days goes really quick when its busy. Lost of variety building furniture, loading trucks, putting product away that comes in on pallets, helping customers. There seems to be plenty of advancement for people that want to climb the ladder in due course.
Pros
Great people, Management gives credit when its due.Freindly place to work.
Cons
If you cant hack a bit of hard work now and then you wont like it.