Super Retail Group Employee Reviews

productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS1 October 2018
work was always fun and fast pasted, I learnt new things every day and everyone was willing to help. the management were good at running a tight ship and work was always really easy most of the time. over Christmas it was very busy and everyone new what their jobs were so it made it easy just to stick to that and get everything that needed to be done.
Pros
free food at work meetings
Cons
not much work in winter
A Job you WANT to go to
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Yeppoon QLD4 July 2018
Enjoyable place of employment with likeminded team members. Upselling to customers the things you like makes it fun not work
The Super Retail Group Company are brilliant to work for. So much more is offered outside of the employment role. .
Pros
Enjoyable Workplace
Cons
Retail Pay, Full uniform not supplied without cost, including shoes.
Friendly Environment
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 November 2018
Best people for work environment and very good management team. First Monday of every month, it International food day which shows how to work together and it shows how to create good team relationship.
ok place, fairly cushy job
STORE MANAGER - Supercheap Auto (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA21 May 2018
Incredible how little the customers know about their cars. You would think that you would spend your time talking to other auto enthusiasts but most of the time you are trying to figure out what they want when they don't even know the make or model of their car.
Pros
samples and tickets to Clipsal
Cons
You have to go and get inter store transfers yourself in your own car.
Productive and fun work place
PICK PACKER (Former Employee) –  Briabane QLD17 April 2018
Managers and Supervisors are awesome. Team members are very lovely also. Safety of all team members is a very important factor at this work place which i think is awesome to.
Pros
Bbqs and very understandig supervisors
Cons
Not enough hours
great work environment
Inbound Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Altona8 March 2018
I worked with a great supportive team and management, i learned about the retail industry and it was fun, hardest part of the job was when the system froze or crashed
Pros
Close to home, great work environment
Cons
not long term
Energetic Team Members
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 October 2017
There is always something to do working in this company, I have learned a great deal from the management and team members. The management can vary greatly depending on the store, and their personalities. The hardest part would have to be the rude and aggressive customers. The most enjoyable would have to be meeting new team members.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Being a female employee, male customers don't listen to you as much.
Fun place to work
Customer Service online team (Former Employee) –  Lidcombe NSW26 December 2017
learning new things everyday.
You are part of a family not just a number,you are listened to and cared for by the staff and managers.

You are able to upskill with out feeling you are letting anyone down.
Fun place to work
Casual work whilst relocating (Former Employee) –  Caloundra QLD16 November 2017
Professional translucent Company with great values, helpful team members and approachable managers. In my experience, not enough regular hours as a casual employee.
Pros
Taken care of as a company
Cons
Not enough hours
Interesting & Fun Place To Work
Acting Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange NSW11 August 2017
Very much enjoyed my time with the Super Retail Group, firstly with Rays Outdoors and later on at BCF. Great people to work for overall. Would recommend for those already in retail with a passion and interest for outdoor activities, even if its not necessarily fishing or boating.
Pros
Good customers, great staff discount, overall good team culture
Cons
Nothing major
Work was exciting and challenging
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 June 2017
The work at SRG was not what I expected as it was really challenging at first but then when I got used to the system and working really hard it just made the job a bit easier. There were times when I needed to take time off as it was due to family emergencies and the friends that I made at the work place were so friendly and understanding.
I then moved to Melbourne and I went and was working at the same company this time it was more challenging as I was on night shift and I had to train some of the new casual like myself and also made sure that they meet the standards of the work place but that still didn't land me a full time position as they were not offering any full time positions but just permanent casual.
I hope that this has been of help.
Pros
friendly staff, free lunch on special occassions
Cons
not enough work, heavy stock in the wrong place
Excellent place to work
Group Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Queensland10 September 2015
Coming from an Employer (Shell Australia for 25 years) who crossed all the T's and dotted all the I's to a small business(Super Cheap Auto) with plenty of potential it was an exciting period in my working life, I enjoyed the "smash through" early days and the plan and execute conclusion culminating with a large chain of retail companies as Super Retail Group I was there for 10 years. Fast paced made it very easy for me to get involved in all aspects of the logistics business finally as the Groups Distribution Manager. I managed 5 distribution centres employing 460 team members picking, packing and delivering to 700 retail stores.
Pros
Excellent working environment
Management overwhelmed
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Perth WA3 May 2017
Management overwhelmed, growth far to quick for everything to keep up.However in general the management try very hard.
Can be a fun job if you make it so.
Workplace is clean tidy and safe.
Pros
Good work life balance for me
Cons
Low hourly rate
If you enjoy sports - a good place to work
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  NSW11 April 2017
Great place to progress your career if interested in sporting goods or fitness category.

Enjoyable and genuinely positive culture and a lot of chance to self develop.
Pros
Positive culture
Cons
Team member training and support
great company
IS Asset & Sourcing Officer (Former Employee) –  clayton5 October 2015
variety of OH& S tasks where i did safety data sheet reviews to site audits. lovely staff envirorment. loved learning about safety within the work environment and doing the courses. there were no hard parts of the position and had an understanding boss who was always helpful.
Pros
cafe on site
Cons
no issues
wouldn't recommend
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  WA28 May 2015
Promises Made and never followed through from senior management, No backing when problems come around and exspected to work over 43hrs per week with No TOIL days given or pay, work every 3rd week end and sometimes more if other manager is sick or the 3ic is sick
Pros
customers
Cons
upper management
productive and fun work place with pool table
Picking rf scanning (Former Employee) –  Queensland qld29 December 2016
pretty much went there to work , learned how to use voice pick . management was very communicational good team to work along side loved going to work.
Pros
could play pool, table tennis, and spacies could also have bbqs
Cons
no cons
Backstabbers and liars
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Erskine Park7 October 2015
Do not work here if you want a happy life! They have favourites, and only the favourites get anywhere.

They made it sound like a great place to be during interview and induction, but it turned out to be all lies.

95% of team members are leaving or trying to leave.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burleigh Heads QLD1 May 2017
friendly team and great place to work. i wouldn't have it any other way, they are very supportive towards what you want to achieve and help you learn new thing every day
it is a fun to work here
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW27 November 2016
The management style is quite different from the remaining places.I learned a lot from the senior managers from their vast experiences.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Super Retail Group. Our community is ready to answer.