Supercheap Auto
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Supercheap Auto Employee Reviews

My time working with Supercheap auto was mostly positive, the interview stage and application was easy and the job itself not hard at all just your basic retail work.
Pros
Competitive staff discounts
Cons
Poor wage, poor management structure, poor training, terrible job security
I worked there through my teen years and could not fault the company. Excellent place to work. I then left had kids and came back. It was an extremely different environment. The company was to busy pushing products on people and not being helpful. Telling people to go down isles instead of showing them. I had a manager who cut my hours to 3 hours a month because I dyed my hair red. when I left i got a government job with the same hair colour. My hair was always neat and tidy but her was unbrushed and messy. When I put in a formal complaint it went no where. I was promised hours and then did not receive the hours. The managers were run off their feet and had unrealistic expectations. The team I worked with was the only reason I stayed so long.
Pros
Free products when you hit targets
Cons
Expectations are to high for little amount of time.
Lazy managers who know little about cars. Huge workloads, ridiculous amount of online training modules. Staff discount is great and most customers were terrific. They keep hiring people who know nothing about cars so makes the team look incompetent!
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Never ending useless training modules.
Management is terrible, work life balance is terrible Ask to have days off and they moan and groan about it, expect to almost never have weekends off if any it’ll be one every couple weeks.They boast about mental health and r u okay day but don’t give two cents about your mental healthSay no to coming into shifts because you have plans and they make you feel guilty about it. They keep incompetent staff on but penalise competent staff.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours, no weekends off, over worked
All the team are absolutely amazing! Store manager was rude, nasty, loved putting workers on show (making an idiot out of them) swears at customers. Just down right rude. You’d be lucky to see the manager they would be outside smoking all the time. Store isn’t too clean. No training by manager what so ever other staff taught me everything. Would not recommend working here unless the manager realises it really pays to be nice to people!!
Pros
Pay was good, team members are so welcoming and friendly
Cons
Management, dirty store
Supercheap Auto offers a fast paced work environment where there is always something to do. The company is very results focused and rely on a combination of company implemented strategy and personal input to achieve results.
Pros
Great options for career advancement
Cons
Head office sometimes detached from in store issues
Excellent place to work. The company has a good balance of male and female employees. The work is varied so it’s more fun than most retail positions. There is good on the job training.
I went to work for Supercheap Auto and because of my great sales technique was stuck at the counter all day for many days selling their membership card. Other employees and management with jealous of my ability on the floor and therefore kept me off the floor so I was not able to help people as much as I'd like. I had spent six years at another automotive establishment and yet still had to prove myself and was not even allowed to fit windscreen wipers on a car as I had to do a stack of stupid online training to qualify me on paper for these menial tasks. Management another counter staff constantly leaning all over the counter and other people's vehicles was a great source of dissatisfaction for customers and myself, way too many lies and bull went on in this place .
 Managing the front register desk  Performing returns through the till, exchanges and afterpay refunds  Clearing registers and floating for the next business day  Recieving, transporting and distribution of stock  Helping customers find the exact product they need and providing further knowledge on the product
it was a great experience and I enjoyed working there, there is involvement with computers and there is a need for prior knowledge to be really good at your job
Only downfall would be more hours needed.Most team members are on a casual basis , offering around 15-20 hrs a week. Happy with the rate of pay , would be even happier with at least 25 -30 hrs a week though. Helpful , friendly team & good working environment.
I’ve found this job extremely rewarding and very easy, the immediate managers are very kind and helpful and specifically help me strive to perform at the best of my ability. Overall a chilled and calm workspace and I am incredibly great full for this job, pay is excellent and even helps me to save while living out of home. Couldn’t ask for a better job opportunity.
Good place to work for if you have a good manager, girls are treated pretty unfairly unless you complain about it you will literally always be on tills.
Pros
Manager was nice and always understanding
Cons
Being treated differently if female
Awesome company that looks after its employees. Sponsored my Permanent residence! Great team and managers very good culture. Achievable KPi's, salary and good bonuses.
Pros
Team Discount, PR sponsorship great company to work for.
Cons
Rosters could be a bit more flexible for managers, cant have your cake and eat it too i suppose....
Great culture, work hard and complete your tasks and you are rewarded with more hours, more flexibility as well as prizes and verbal recognition. The bosses are great, very personable and easy to get along with, happy to give anyone more then one chance and not judgemental when things in life happen. If someone isnt happy here its likely on them as with any job you have goals and targets and will be called out for not performing which is great for us team members as it shares the load equally.
Pros
great company perks
Cons
It was a fun time working at Supercheap Auto I was able to bring up my experience to customers helping and serving them in any way possible stuff such as serving, restocking, faceup, cardboard folding.
I had two weeks of work placement there. Initially I struggled but adapted to the place and the job. I loved to assist the customers in finding the products shelved. I learnt how to do stock management.
- Absolutely fantastic work environment - Very neat and organised - Clean - Quality - Safe environment - Great staff High recommended for those who are seeking first jobs and those who are looking for jobs which are related to the automotive world.
Very family friendly and customers always come first - Fast Paced - Organised Workplace culture is very friendly and always helpful, the most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team and making customers happy The only thing i struggled with is trying to learn what everything is in a short time,
it was a very interesting welcome into the retail industry, management is very unstable often messy. personal life isn't really taken into account either
Pros
discount
Great place to work if you get a good team Great perks Discounts at their brands Great pay rate Great culture On the job learning Locations Great customers
  1. Employee Reviews