Supercheap Auto Employee Reviews

Productive Engaging work place
Spare Parts Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Labrador QLD5 February 2019
Ive learnt alot over 2 years of working at supercheap auto from communication skills, friendliness, Confidence and automotive skills . The most enjoyable part about it is working hard to receive prizes and bonuses, seeing it all pay off is whats worth it the most to me.
Pros
skills, confidence
Cons
unorganised management.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Grafton NSW1 February 2019
All the staff where great , very welcoming and happy to assist whilst training . excellent management , involved and empathetic boss. Also happy to help .
Seasonal Casual
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Springfield QLD31 January 2019
I usually did the load shift from about 2pm until 9pm at night, and for a couple of weeks before I left, that was all I did. My hours went from 12-15 hours for training, to 20+ hours a week shortly after then dropped to 7 hours with no real reason as to why.

The load shift was the best part of that job, moving stock onto shelves and making them presentable was great as it was something to do for a while, sometimes the whole 7 hours was spent doing load, and I enjoyed that. But if I was there when load was done, my list was; do recovery, help customers and sometimes that's all I did for the whole day so it often became a drag.
Pros
Doing load or stock is fun.
Cons
Long patches of downtime.
Management Changes
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD 400013 January 2019
My first four years at the company were enjoyable, my team like a second family. After moving to a different store and having multiple management changes, my job satisfaction declined rapidly. In the last few years of my employment I was treated poorly by management and was give the minimum hours though I was part-time. Subsequently I sought secondary employment and eventually left.
Pros
Discounts at all super retail group stores
Cons
Constant management changes.
first job introduction to a workplace environment
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Kotara NSW7 January 2019
learned a lot about working in retail and the skills required to successfully operate in the business as well built many characteristics within this working environment
Pros
culture
Cons
not many hours
good team rapport
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba, Qld, AU30 November 2018
enjoyed working with the super cheap team. more training required though. good culture throughout the company. great management. more suited to a person who has previous knowledge in auto.
Great Company to work for
SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW27 November 2018
i have been employed with supercheap auto for 5 years and have found it not only to be a well run and professional company to work for but also have the right team to make it all work
Pros
great environment to work, flexible hours
Cons
Christmas time can be stressful as it is very full on
Fun and team building work place
Full time employment (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 November 2018
Meeting new people and working as a team is probably the biggest positive.
People are advanced to management these days, resulting in inexperience and stupid expectations. Pay is okay, benefits are also alright.
Pros
Benefits are pretty alright.
Cons
Expectations can be unrealistic, work your butt off for the company long term and expect to be taken advantage off.
Fun Placew
RETAIL ASSISTANT/ CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Ayr QLD7 November 2018
Great place to work constantly learning new things, flexible with the hours and availabilities etc growing knowledge of new things always a bonus allowing for professional development
Pros
Learning new things
Store manager is not what she should be
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tamworth NSW20 October 2018
Super cheap auto it’s self is great but the Tamworth store manager is dodgy and misleads you with the wrong information. She speaks behind her team members backs and uses manipulation a lot. 2IC was really good he always gave 110 percent in all areas and great information from him, never dodgy
Always fun to be had.
Full time Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yarraville VIC16 August 2018
A new challenge awaits daily. Great people to meet and work with and good times to be had. Always room for improvement and climb the ladder of success.
Good Company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 August 2018
Job duties included (In Store Budgeting and Goal Setting, Setting daily tasks for team members, Monitoring and actioning Store Emails, Preparing End of Week Report based on stores weekly performance, Organising and conducting quarterly Safety Meeting, Communicating with suppliers and SRG support team, Managing a safe and efficient stock room and clean shop floor) Work a 1 in 3 rotating roster so will work weekends every third weekend.
Cons
Weekend Work
enjoyed my team members company
Front Line Team Member (Former Employee) –  Glenorchy TAS4 June 2018
good work place, good work times, shouldnt be opened on anzac day or the afl grand final because no one comes in so the shift drags. managers were good to deal with an understanding when calling in sick.
Pros
i got to chose my saturday shift
Cons
i worked 9 hours every tuesday
good job for a first job
SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC6 May 2018
was a good job as a first job and start making money, we would do everything from selling products, cleaning, stacking shelves, registers and just being part of a team.

Excellent place to work
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Queensland26 April 2018
Lovely people to work with, management was on point, the place was a good environment, the tasks were good, the over-all life work balance was good, only down side was the lack of hours I received but that wasn't the company's fault it was just quiet and unfortunately I couldn't afford to not have hours at the time as I like everyone else had bills to pay. I wish I still worked there.
Pros
Cons
Minimal hours
Culture has gone backwards
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney19 April 2018
Generous discounts
Lack of support and training
No work life balance
Target's set to be un achievable,
Perfect example the company prides itself on nps and services yet never enough have the ability to fix these problems with lack of wages.
Pros
Discount
Cons
43hr minimum more like average of 50+hrs
It was okay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD18 April 2018
Head office people expect to much for the little fellas in the stores. And makes us feel disappointed and seeing our hours get cut. Because they tell the area mangers to put more people on at one time of the year and then after that month. There over budget by like 15k
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Mangers.
Most enjoyable part of the job and the best workplace culture that I've been apart of.
Order Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 April 2018
Most enjoyable part of my job was the environment, the people,learning new skills and training new staff.

The workplace culture was second to none. Because I liked how they were very strict on workplace health and safety.
Pros
All staff once a month would have a game of cricket.
Cons
I honestly there are no cons as this was a really good job to have.
Educational
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnie TAS15 April 2018
This workplace involves lots of new skills and many opportunities. Very flexible with hours, with good benefits. Many stores around the country and the company is good with transferring for moves.
i worked only the once for stock take
casual for stock take (Former Employee) –  Geraldton WA9 April 2018
they let me work stock take for the night, with out any prior experience. They were friendly and helpful and pleasant to work with.
they paid me for my nights work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercheap Auto. Our community is ready to answer.