Supercheap Auto

Supercheap Auto Employee Reviews

Australia135 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

was a fantastic 11 years

was a great real first job and launched me on a new career, started as a shop sales person and got repeatedly [promoted with new opportunities over the eleven years I spent there because the company was growing enormously over that time. It may be somewhat different now.... 20 years later.

Was once a good place to work

Used to be a great place to work. We had a good team and management was pretty good. But they have since hired mindless yes men and women. No one has any experience other than what they are taught and management brownnoses to whoever is highest up the food chain. There is no work life balance. You are required when you are required. Your family doesn't matter to the company. You are just a number. Management doesn't do anything but pester you while neglecting their own jobs and just randomly leaving. The team has a few good members that fell through the cracks of each hiring lot. We usually get one good team member for each 5 new people. Turn over is very high, there is no possibility of advancement of salary or position. You are constantly required to make sacrifices in your life for the company. Including but not limited to: family time, medical appointments and the opportunity to find something better. If you are sick, you are better off just going in, you won't be paid other wise. Regardless of leave entitlements. They have passion as one of their main points. But it's not passion for automotive or passion for customer service. It's passion to make more money for them. If you have a genuine passion for cars I would not work here. Your knowledge is valuable. But not to this company. They will pay you minimum wage and expect you to be grateful. Steer clear of this place. Other than the discount there is absolutely no benefits to working here

Lots of favouritism

I’m sure other store locations are better than my experience although I didn’t feel valued as a team me ever and was more treated as a number. Lots of favouritism between managers and employees. Very very obvious. Never received a call back regarding anything at all. Had to call four or five times to even get a reply from the managers as they never wanted to deal with employees

Pros

Having a headset to communicate away from others

Cons

No staff available to swap for doctors appointments and what not

Not worthwhile

Too many times you’re doing a managers job while they’re getting praised for it and you’re not getting the same pay. No outlets to speak to when you have a problem. You make it known and it gets swept under the rug Toxic environment to work inBring short staffed to save the company money seems to happen all the timeAnything for a dollar kind of company

Good benefits, bad community

The discounts and bonuses were good, some coworkers and customers made it fantastic, but management and constant ridiculous expectations destroyed the job.

Pros

Discounts, knowledge, bonuses, relationships with some customers and staff

Cons

Management playing favourites and being rude, strong reliance on KPIs (lots of trouble if not met also), expectations are much too high for such a low position, no room to grow, called in sometimes within 30 mins of shift

Pros and cons

Supercheap Auto has grown quickly over the last 10 years or so, the business is stable and has a lot of long time loyal team members.Unfortunately the pandemic combined with restructuring has left many facets of the business under resourced which puts increasing pressure on other departments and individuals.

Pros

Discount Other team members Good work hours for retail

Discount can be great, but the remuneration for the stress of the job and always short staffed doesn’t make it worth the hassle

In the beginning it was a fun place to work, not too stressful repetition and understanding your role was easy, but since Covid the support and care from the head office has gone completely, you are underpaid and always stressful with constant deadlines make the job very dissatisfying and they push to make sure you are committed to them, without reciprocating that commitment, they will easily get rid of you once you don’t fit their needs and expectations which are ever increasing and love to work on minimum staff, even when forecasting expects increases, you will be expected to get by without any extra help, do not recommend, barely any chance to move yourself up as promotion stream is very narrow

Pros

Discount, People you work with, Other streams and stems of work, Can move between other subsidiary brands

Cons

Very low pay, Stressful jobs, No support from head office, Deadlines are often vague and not communicated properly, Expect commitment without reciprocating

Best company to work for by far!! You will not regret working at Supercheap Auto

Supercheap Auto really look after their employees, they are not just talk! Received tremendous support from the company when my house was destroyed by cyclone Seroja!Also sponsored my visa.

Pros

Very supportive company

Cons

Rude customers!

Fun and understanding workplace.

Working at supercheap has been one of the better experiences I’ve had so far. They were so welcoming and helpful when it came to training me. I genuinely enjoyed going to work everyday

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere Good discounts Relatively good pay

Not a very good place to work

Working at supercheap auto gives you no chance to get anywhere in the company. They love casuals and that’s about it. If you want to advance to anything more in the company it’s virtually impossible unless someone leaves then you must be very fake and be a complete liar and suck to advance in the company.

Pros

Discounts at rebel sports

Cons

Wanting to commit suicide every day you have to go to work

Paid meetings

Every employee is invited and expected to turn up 2 day a month for paid meetings. Tea provided pizza, drinks ect. Opportunity to get to know each other and share ideas as well as showing us our sales progess. New products are shown to us in store on a video of howxits used and we are educated about its functions.

Pros

Paid meetings and free Tea

Cons

I was stuck on Sat morning with min hours no improvement after 13 months

Worked there for 10 years total. first 5 year great last 5 was horrible

I worked there through my teen years and could not fault the company. Excellent place to work. I then left had kids and came back. It was an extremely different environment. The company was to busy pushing products on people and not being helpful. Telling people to go down isles instead of showing them. I had a manager who cut my hours to 3 hours a month because I dyed my hair red. when I left i got a government job with the same hair colour. My hair was always neat and tidy but her was unbrushed and messy. When I put in a formal complaint it went no where. I was promised hours and then did not receive the hours. The managers were run off their feet and had unrealistic expectations. The team I worked with was the only reason I stayed so long.

Pros

Free products when you hit targets

Cons

Expectations are to high for little amount of time.

Stressful job with never ending training

Lazy managers who know little about cars. Huge workloads, ridiculous amount of online training modules. Staff discount is great and most customers were terrific. They keep hiring people who know nothing about cars so makes the team look incompetent!

Pros

Staff discounts

Cons

Never ending useless training modules.

Terrible company to work for

Management is terrible, work life balance is terrible Ask to have days off and they moan and groan about it, expect to almost never have weekends off if any it’ll be one every couple weeks.They boast about mental health and r u okay day but don’t give two cents about your mental healthSay no to coming into shifts because you have plans and they make you feel guilty about it. They keep incompetent staff on but penalise competent staff.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Long hours, no weekends off, over worked

Poor place to work

All the team are absolutely amazing! Store manager was rude, nasty, loved putting workers on show (making an idiot out of them) swears at customers. Just down right rude. You’d be lucky to see the manager they would be outside smoking all the time. Store isn’t too clean. No training by manager what so ever other staff taught me everything. Would not recommend working here unless the manager realises it really pays to be nice to people!!

Pros

Pay was good, team members are so welcoming and friendly

Cons

Management, dirty store

Mostly positive

My time working with Supercheap auto was mostly positive, the interview stage and application was easy and the job itself not hard at all just your basic retail work.

Pros

Competitive staff discounts

Cons

Poor wage, poor management structure, poor training, terrible job security

Store Manager

Supercheap Auto offers a fast paced work environment where there is always something to do. The company is very results focused and rely on a combination of company implemented strategy and personal input to achieve results.

Pros

Great options for career advancement

Cons

Head office sometimes detached from in store issues

Love working for Supercheap

Excellent place to work. The company has a good balance of male and female employees. The work is varied so it’s more fun than most retail positions. There is good on the job training.

Tall poppy, victimised, lazy management

I went to work for Supercheap Auto and because of my great sales technique was stuck at the counter all day for many days selling their membership card. Other employees and management with jealous of my ability on the floor and therefore kept me off the floor so I was not able to help people as much as I'd like. I had spent six years at another automotive establishment and yet still had to prove myself and was not even allowed to fit windscreen wipers on a car as I had to do a stack of stupid online training to qualify me on paper for these menial tasks. Management another counter staff constantly leaning all over the counter and other people's vehicles was a great source of dissatisfaction for customers and myself, way too many lies and bull went on in this place .

Productive and fun with grat people

 Managing the front register desk  Performing returns through the till, exchanges and afterpay refunds  Clearing registers and floating for the next business day  Recieving, transporting and distribution of stock  Helping customers find the exact product they need and providing further knowledge on the product

easy going but requires knowledge of automotive vehicles

it was a great experience and I enjoyed working there, there is involvement with computers and there is a need for prior knowledge to be really good at your job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercheap Auto. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Supercheap Auto