Supercheap Auto
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Supercheap Auto Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

3.9Work–Life Balance

Love working for Supercheap

Excellent place to work. The company has a good balance of male and female employees. The work is varied so it’s more fun than most retail positions. There is good on the job training.

Worked there for 10 years total. first 5 year great last 5 was horrible

I worked there through my teen years and could not fault the company. Excellent place to work. I then left had kids and came back. It was an extremely different environment. The company was to busy pushing products on people and not being helpful. Telling people to go down isles instead of showing them. I had a manager who cut my hours to 3 hours a month because I dyed my hair red. when I left i got a government job with the same hair colour. My hair was always neat and tidy but her was unbrushed and messy. When I put in a formal complaint it went no where. I was promised hours and then did not receive the hours. The managers were run off their feet and had unrealistic expectations. The team I worked with was the only reason I stayed so long.

Pros

Free products when you hit targets

Cons

Expectations are to high for little amount of time.

Tall poppy, victimised, lazy management

I went to work for Supercheap Auto and because of my great sales technique was stuck at the counter all day for many days selling their membership card. Other employees and management with jealous of my ability on the floor and therefore kept me off the floor so I was not able to help people as much as I'd like. I had spent six years at another automotive establishment and yet still had to prove myself and was not even allowed to fit windscreen wipers on a car as I had to do a stack of stupid online training to qualify me on paper for these menial tasks. Management another counter staff constantly leaning all over the counter and other people's vehicles was a great source of dissatisfaction for customers and myself, way too many lies and bull went on in this place .

easy going but requires knowledge of automotive vehicles

it was a great experience and I enjoyed working there, there is involvement with computers and there is a need for prior knowledge to be really good at your job

More hours and full time positions offered would make it a great place to work !

Only downfall would be more hours needed.Most team members are on a casual basis , offering around 15-20 hrs a week. Happy with the rate of pay , would be even happier with at least 25 -30 hrs a week though. Helpful , friendly team & good working environment.

Productive and a fun environment to work in very friendly workers

It was a fun time working at Supercheap Auto I was able to bring up my experience to customers helping and serving them in any way possible stuff such as serving, restocking, faceup, cardboard folding.

- Absolutely fantastic work environment - Very neat and organised - Clean - Quality - Safe environment - Great staff High recommended for those who are seeking first jobs and those who are looking for jobs which are related to the automotive world.

Comfortable place to work.

SuperCheap Auto was a fantastic place for me to work over the christmas period while studying online. My duties were to serve customers and handle transactions.

Pros

Friendly staff, excellent store layout.

Cons

none.

Great Place to work

SCA is a nice place to work. Management is great, involved and empathetic managers and friendly team members. Everyone here is very understanding. Overall life, work balance is good.

Great working environment

Super Cheap Auto welcomes me with open arms and have supported me in all my training. They’re really great to work with. They are a bunch of really caring people with massive hearts.

Not a good place to work

I had worked for SuperCheap auto for 4 and half years and only got maybe a 6 hour shift every fortnight. Management was bad we had 3 managers in 4 years. None of the managers cared for your personal life or financial situation. My last manager after only meeting him for 30 minutes swore and abused me over a club card. The only good thing was the discounts and the pay was good if you got more then 16 hours.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Not enough hours to support yourself

Nice people

It was a nice place to work wish I could have stayed really good people good benefits,good hours , fast paced it's a little complicated but worth it in the end

Pros

20% off

Cons

Early morning call ins

very productive and like to get the work done fast

best thing about working is when you meet new people or face from different coloured race pretty much diversity community also making new friends and customer

Pros

whats lunch

Cons

working long hours

Management Changes

My first four years at the company were enjoyable, my team like a second family. After moving to a different store and having multiple management changes, my job satisfaction declined rapidly. In the last few years of my employment I was treated poorly by management and was give the minimum hours though I was part-time. Subsequently I sought secondary employment and eventually left.

Pros

Discounts at all super retail group stores

Cons

Constant management changes.

Excellent place to work

Lovely people to work with, management was on point, the place was a good environment, the tasks were good, the over-all life work balance was good, only down side was the lack of hours I received but that wasn't the company's fault it was just quiet and unfortunately I couldn't afford to not have hours at the time as I like everyone else had bills to pay. I wish I still worked there.

Pros

Cons

Minimal hours

Educational

This workplace involves lots of new skills and many opportunities. Very flexible with hours, with good benefits. Many stores around the country and the company is good with transferring for moves.

very good workplace with good employees

good workplace for me to work in unfortunately the management side wasn't so good, being I'm very mechanically minded i got along quite well with 90 percent of the customers that walked through the door

good place to work at

I learned a lot at this job how oil worked was a very helpful place to work at hardest part of this job was doing lay outs most enjoyable part of this job was learning about cars as they are my passion in life

Pros

part time sale automotovie

Cons

normal days

a great place to work

Working at Supercheap was a real privilege, the stores atmosphere was uplifting and the staff were equally as cheerful and I often found myself looking forward to my next shift. Interacting with customers was enjoyable as the place seemed to bring in a decent crowd and some of the things I was taught I learned from helping other staff members with customers.

Terrible management

Will mess you around and treat you like you don't matter. discounts are okay I guess. they give you very low hours and don't look after your needs at all.

Great workplace with understanding managers

It was a great working environment with work that involved Stocking shelves and customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with there vehicle issues and offering advice on rectifying the problem.

Pros

Great lunchroom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercheap Auto. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Supercheap Auto