Supercheap Auto
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Supercheap Auto Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

3.9Work–Life Balance

Fun retail experperience

I have been employed as a Casual at Supercheap Auto for 6 years, this has given me a wide range of experiences. The job is enjoyable, and I often deal with great customers and infrequently have any issues. Specific jobs can vary from day to day, and roles can be varied. There is a large pool of knowledge available from staff, as well as suppliers, however it is quite a vast industry and you may get asked very specific questions that you will have almost no idea about from time to time. Workplace culture is good, and can be fast paced but also not particularly stressful in a retail position

Pros

Fun workplace

Poor place to work

All the team are absolutely amazing! Store manager was rude, nasty, loved putting workers on show (making an idiot out of them) swears at customers. Just down right rude. You’d be lucky to see the manager they would be outside smoking all the time. Store isn’t too clean. No training by manager what so ever other staff taught me everything. Would not recommend working here unless the manager realises it really pays to be nice to people!!

Pros

Pay was good, team members are so welcoming and friendly

Cons

Management, dirty store

Seasonal Casual

I usually did the load shift from about 2pm until 9pm at night, and for a couple of weeks before I left, that was all I did. My hours went from 12-15 hours for training, to 20+ hours a week shortly after then dropped to 7 hours with no real reason as to why. The load shift was the best part of that job, moving stock onto shelves and making them presentable was great as it was something to do for a while, sometimes the whole 7 hours was spent doing load, and I enjoyed that. But if I was there when load was done, my list was; do recovery, help customers and sometimes that's all I did for the whole day so it often became a drag.

Pros

Doing load or stock is fun.

Cons

Long patches of downtime.

good team rapport

enjoyed working with the super cheap team. more training required though. good culture throughout the company. great management. more suited to a person who has previous knowledge in auto.

Great Company to work for

i have been employed with supercheap auto for 5 years and have found it not only to be a well run and professional company to work for but also have the right team to make it all work

Pros

great environment to work, flexible hours

Cons

Christmas time can be stressful as it is very full on

Decent overall balanced enviroment.

Compuny has alot of good morals and set values which really help the compuny succed Lots of perks working there and every branch will differ because its all up to the team memebers and who they are indivally

Great place

This has been a great place to learn and have fun throughout the day after having small talks to customers and there experiences and tips that have helped me understand and developed me skills begin in this store.

Pros

50% off sca brand and 5 -50% other brands

Busy and Productive workplace

During my time at Supercheap Auto, I developed skills that have prepared me for very busy and intense work environments. I worked to a very busy schedule and learnt how to be efficient and productive. Management at Supercheap Auto was strict and firm, this showed me how to respect authority and follow directions accordingly. The hardest part of the job would entail tedious activities such as counting stock and end of day cleaning. The most enjoyable aspect of this job was meeting different kinds of people and gaining valuable experience.

totally a family work place, we are all eager to help each other and also our custimers.

as above, such a great place to work. if anybody wants to take 1/2 day or day off, we all help out. I help all juniurs to understand the motor trade, as i am a motor vehicle tech.

Is a fun and enjoyable work place.

A days work was Challenging but enjoyable, you are faced with some opticals that are sometimes hard to over come but enjoyable.

Pros

Fun people to work with

Cons

Long days

Jobs at Supercheap Auto