Sushi Train
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Sushi Train Employee Reviews

Australia19 reviews
A good working environment, with lots lovely staff. Each day I could easily learn something new about the Japanese culture. When busy, it was a faced paced working environment as a waitress.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Workplace environment was not good at all, slip hazards everywhere, incredibly small workspace and breaks not provided properly. The only benefits were the long 12 hour shifts and the flexible timetable. The management were rude and demeaning to cooks, however waitstafff were treated decently. Quit as I knew that I could get a job elsewhere getting paid a livable wage in an environment where I was respected and not constantly yelled at.
Pros
Long shifts, flexible timetable
Cons
Unattainable standards by management, very rude and demeaning during training
A motivated and enthusiastic individual with exceptional communication and customer service skills; I hold student VISA and Seeking for part time job and learn more experience from travel/marketing industry.
people are helping me and the boss are very positive and kindly, The boss has strict requirements for our employees and the boss has strict requirements for public health. the culture was very full of Japan-style
Pros
half price for food
Sushi Train is a restaurant that offers very fresh and great food. I have many things to do, but I gain Japanese food skills. There are many regular customers, and there is a sense of making customers happy. It's very hard to go to the shop with a small number of people, but it is worthwhile.
Pros
Free ranch
Cons
Bad working environment, people don’t speak english properly, coworkers are not respecful to others, managers are bad at dealing with people and with their employees, they pay really bad for all the things that you have to do there and they didn’t even give you discounts on food or drinks, we are not able to eat wharever we want, it’s just leftovers or what they want to. I would never recommend to anybody.
Cons
I love working at Sushi Train, It is a great job. You meet all kinds of new people. It's fast paced, friendly, superbly clean. Always have fun, and everyone is super friendly and inclusive. Hardest part of the job is during peak hours when you're already serving two customers and you need to take on more jobs. You cannot leave customers waiting for their drinks or to make orders and you need to constantly refill ice and water, seat customers, clean tables and prepare tables without making the customers feel rushed or inconvenienced, they are and will always be number one priority!
Pros
Free lunches and sometimes free dinner depending on the day
Cons
Fast paced, Busy
I love to work in my place but suddenly I need to give to my younger sister because, she finish her school. So, I think of searching other workplace. And get a different experience work.

Thank You.
Pros
free lunches and also some takeaway for dinner
Cons
10 hours and is soo good.
福利厚生はオーストラリアの法律に基づき、非常に良く気軽に有給も取れますし、年金も会社から直接、給与とは別に払われるので、新入社員でもある程度余裕が出来ると思います。
社風、人間関係においても日本企業と比べると緩く、ストレスを溜めることは非常に少ないと思います。

オーストラリア永住権を目指してる方にはオススメの会社です。
Pros
気軽に有給が取得できる
Cons
ビザ取得の場合、重労働になり得る
A typical shift included washing copious amounts of washing dishes, taking orders and attempting to translate things into Japanese. We were not given the weeks roster until very late Sunday evening.
Pros
Free Food after closing shifts
Cons
Very late notice of shifts
海外の飲食店は初めてだったのですが、社員の方々に恵まれ、半年間しか働けなかったのですがもっと働きたいと思える職場でした。
Pros
シフトの自由が効きやすい
This job is not easy, every day we need to serve amount of customers, but how to work efficiency is the best part of I learned. Our manager encourage us do two or more things at the same time. We can make sushi by hands, greating with mouth and check by eyes.Comparing with other part time job, this job could provide a stable income.
Pros
stable incomes
Cons
high work pressure
Actually i'm kinda like working here, but sometimes if the restuarant is quite the manager could ask the wait staff to clean the restaurant which I don't think it's related to the job decription. But, besides that, I'm happy working with them.
Pros
Free lunch and supper after closing
Cons
long break and cleaning restaurant
A typical day at work - constant outside world drama getting involced at work, rude,
workplace culture: just get the job done - don't care how, all the care is about money - not staff

Management: no manager - can be confusing when your on shift and theres no manager present and the boss isn't on.

Hardest Part of the job: the job itself is very easy and enjoyable once you get to know the customers and get around the politics of the workplace
Cons
no discounts, long hours, breaks always an hour or two before shift ends
From the day I joined I always enjoyed working here. I have learnt so much from my managers, seniors and of course from our valued customers. I hardly ever had any issues with my rosters, working hours shifts or with the salary.
Sushi Train uniform, and an early start at 9am and finish at 9pm. The job involved welcoming customers while seating them, taking orders, speaking Japanese, cleaning up afterwards and using the register for transactions. I learnt how to work as a team and independently. It was difficult to work with employees who couldn't speak or understand English. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the customers and communicating with them. I got to know many regulars who were wonderful and come in sometimes 5 times a week!!
Pros
Free lunch, long hours
Cons
Language barrier
It gets busy throughout the day and not many people can complete their tasks, so those tasks will be handed down to me.
Co workers are great, the people there are really kind. I learnt how to be a quick waiter to go through the busy times.

Hardest part of the job was going in and out to look out for customers.

Most enjoyable part was communicating with my co workers.
Pros
free sushi
Cons
Bulk hours
Firstly would check assigned position and then take over from whoever was there previously. Serve customers if present and if no one is there, help out others or do extra cleaning.
Dealing with complaints and working in a super fast-paced environment.

Management is good, gives people equal amount of shifts.

Co-workers make me look forward to my job- everyone is generally very friendly.

Hardest part of the job is the job. It can drag on forever.

Working together as a team with co-workers is fun especially if you've developed good relationships with them.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner if you work until last
Cons
No staff discounts if you go in and eat
It's good place to work.
I learned Customer Service, Waitressing, Kitchen Hand,Dealing with Complaints.