Sussan Employee Reviews

Unnecessarily competitive within the company.
Casual Stylist/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City QLD10 February 2019
I had a good time working for the 2IC, she was lovely and always helped when I needed. Customers were usually great. I learned all the stock and how to do orders, stock refills and styling tips. Other co-workers were absolutely lovely and would make me want to come in on off hours just to see them.

I worked six months with the 2IC of the store, hardly seeing the manager. I then got rostered on with the manager, I lasted two shifts.

Firstly, she had specific ways of doing things. In itself it's fine, but when I was trained by someone else, I am not going to do everything EXACTLY how you do it. When I did something a different way she would ask "Why did you do that? Did you not get trained?".

Forget about asking any questions, I was always shot down. "Didn't you learn that in high school?", "What, you don't know that?", "You should know how to do this without being shown." She would without fail always sigh when asked a question, and you could literally see her looking you up and down judging you. She made me really not care about the job.

She made employees and customers uncomfortable. Even other stores would avoid her.

I left after I got a call from another store asking for an item for a customer. I processed the order for them, put the item aside and told the store yes it's all done it will be sent shortly.

She reprimands me for doing (my job) and tells me to call the store back and LIE, saying to tell them that we actually don't have the item and that they need to ring a different store for it.

This was just so we didn't lose a sale.

To top it off,
  more... I put in my two weeks notice. (even though I didn't have to as a casual, but I had 15 hours of shifts in the next two weeks so I didn't want to bother them by finding a replacement).

She tells me okay, that's fine, and accepts my two weeks. The day of my next shift, she tells me don't worry about coming in for the remaining shifts, and cuts all the hours. She was also very weird about the discount card that I never used. She made it out like I treasured it when I rarely found an item I personally liked enough to buy. The shirts I did buy were overpriced even at a discount and were destroyed in two washes.

Very unprofessional all round.
Pros
Lovely girls, good hours for casuals
Cons
Management, confusing sales
Worst experience ever!! Beware!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sale VIC23 January 2019
I worked for Sussan in Sale Victoria a few years ago.
The manager was awful. Nothing pleased her. She constantly complained about staff and customers!
She told me I had to lose weight and belittled me.
Absolutely hated it!!
The discounts were poor and the clothes were too old for me. Yuck.
Pros
Cons
Manager, awful clothes.
Sussan - Productive workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maribyrnong VIC23 August 2018
Working with Sussan is a productive and fun working environment when engaging with customers.

The most enjoyable part of working at Sussan is engaging with customers and assisting customers with any help, for example; outfit suggestions, impressing customers with promotions.

The hardest part of working at Sussan would be trying to satisfy customers when they aren't impressed.

Working at Sussan has also improved my confidence in public speaking, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
Pros
30%-50% Sussan brand
Great sales culture
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Maryborough QLD16 July 2018
Great place to work. Team members are always happy and helpful. Stock is amazing. Roster keeps a good work life balance. Management are approachable and will help with whatever concerns you have
Sussan- Current Employee
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cremorne VIC14 June 2018
I have been with the Sussan Group for close to 5 years. It's an amazing business to be a part of. I have developed immensely in my career, all thanks to the wonderful support, passion and encouragement of management.
Working across stores and head office, I can confirm the wonderful work/life balance and the amazing culture across the whole group.
I would strongly recommend considering the Sussan Group as an employer of choice
Pros
Culture, Career Development, Aspiring Management, Free Lunch, Product Discount
Cons
N?A
Terrible management and unprofessional
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange NSW24 May 2018
I met some lovely people whilst working here, however the manager is incredibly unprofessional and rude. Nothing you do is ever appreciated, even if you try your absolute hardest. Just this year they have gone through multiple people because of their management style. They expect you to spend an arm and a leg buying their far too expensive clothing on a regular basis, even if you only work a few hours a week. To meet the manager's standards, you basically have to harass customers and treat them all as though they are theives. Don't bother asking for them to explain something more than once either, because you'll get yelled at for your trouble. Considering how expensive the clothes are, the discounts aren't very good either. The worst part is that the manager is extremely childish, petty and rude considering their age. It is impossible to get along with them and everyone working there has had many run ins with them. Definitely would not recommend even applying here. Find somewhere with a much more supportive and kind environment.
Pros
The amazing people you meet.
Cons
Terrible, outdated management style, emotionally and mentally draining, very expensive clothing, not very good hours.
Busy and great team atmosphere.
Senior Casual (Former Employee) –  Crown St Wollongong10 May 2018
I was with Sussan for a number of years and always enjoyed the pace and the fact that no 2 days were the same. There was always something to do! There was a great team culture that they always encouraged.
sussan Quality clothing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA12 February 2018
working at sussan was fun a lovely envoirment, a typical day would be opening the store cash handling servicing customer, stock control the quality of the clothes was awesome. great staff discounts
Pros
staff discounts
sussan
Flagship Manager - Pacific Fair March (Former Employee) –  Broadbeach QLD14 January 2018
great job and nice team environment, love the clothes and retail work and the style nights. staff could use more support and training to succeed further in all aspects.
fun place to work with great regular customers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cranbourne VIC12 September 2017
a typical day at work would include giving our customers advice and helping them choose clothing that would take home and be happy with, always busy with customers and re stocking the store and making it look inviting.
i learned alot about myself and what it takes to make a happy customer and how to sell products honestly and appropriately.
Pros
being the first to know about new upcoming fashion
Cons
being casual i got too many evening shifts while my children where young
my first job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Australia7 September 2017
I loved working in retail.
Working in the storeroom to unpack and store stock i enjoyed.
Display preparation and sales and service to customers.

I learned that all people see things differently but if you listen to them and offer them the right help they will walk away happy and are more likely to be returning customers.

Management listened and were very in tune with their staff and customers needs.
Hard to find fault.

We got along pretty well although sometimes there was bit of competition that could make things awkward at times.

Difficulty with some customer interaction if they found fault.

Working with and helping people look and feel their best by offering good product service.
Having a really productive work day be it in the store room orin sales.
Amazing company to work for
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leichhardt NSW30 August 2017
Such an amazing company to work with. Management and team members are an amazing bunch of people. Everything in the company is so organised.

I have learnt how to deal with customer complaints in an orderly fashion.

Sussan has taught me many things. They do training workshops every so often to refresh our memories of what to do and what not to do in store.
Terrible Management
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA14 June 2017
I worked for Sussan for around 7 months and I hated it! Worst place I have worked. Manager was horrible and made me uncomfortable, they were very hard to please and no matter how hard you worked and how much you try to please them was still never good enough! Would not recommend friends and family to apply here.
I basically worked as an assistant manager but didn't get paid as one.
Pros
Cons
Overpriced clothes
Fantastic fun work place great benefits
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Central Coast NSW4 April 2017
Love love working for Sussan group as sales assistant for Sussan. Sadly I am just not getting enough hours work, our boss is very fair about sharing the casual hours that are allocated however it's not enough.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Not enough work
fun, hardworking and nice clothes
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 March 2017
loved working at sussan! so many incentives and clothes! I leant a lot about customer service and became a lot more confident in myself to approach people and make sales. I loved helping people find the perfect outfit.
Pros
nice team to work with and nice clothes
Cons
long hours and overtime
Good environment
Part Time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW6 March 2017
Great company to work for, good training, great discounts. Very happy working here just not getting enough hours. Have been a manager before having children and they are a very good company
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Not enough hours
its fine
Team Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Winston Hills NSW11 February 2017
Nice people and very clean, they have a good working ethic but doesnt train new people properly. Over all good experience
Pros
good people
Cons
less shifts
Great Company
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Glenelg SA31 October 2016
It is a great company to work for. Alot of staff support from State Management.Gorgeous fashion. On trend collections each season. I work 15 hours 1 week 17 hours the next and would like 20 hours including alternate weekends.Happy to work 10-3 during the week. Permanent Part time is preferred but will do casual if definate hours are guaranteed each week.
Pros
Convenient store to work at
Cons
Not enough hours for me
Work Placement - Buying/Planning
Buying/Planning Placement (Former Employee) –  Cremorne VIC28 October 2016
I got experience a week of what it would be like to work as a buyer/planner. Encouraged me to follow this career path. Everyone in the office was nice to work with.
Pros
Free lunch, learnt a lot
Cons
awkwardly placed office
Slack on shift, waited for months to be put on
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC7 January 2016
This company has a lot of potential, personally working for them I had the most terrible experience. I got barley no shifts and treated like a fish out of water because I was new. The managers were rude and I got complaints from customers about them. Their heads are somewhere else, after I have called numerous times I never got a call back for my roster.
Pros
Some very lovley girls you meet
Cons
Managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sussan. Our community is ready to answer.