Sussan
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Sussan Employee Reviews

Australia38 reviews
I loved dealing with customers one on one, helping and providing assistance. I worked with a wonderful group of women of all ages.
The product I was selling had quality and style. Working didn't feel like working; it was fun, joyous and energising. I truely enjoyed my time at Sussan's.
Amazing place to work. The culture and team there were so nice and welcoming. I would highly recommend Sussan. They have very good incentives and you are able to work your way up in the business.
In the store I work at I get lots of hands on experience in all aspects of work in the store. Management is supportive and gives lots of communication. The culture here is friendly.
The staff were all extremely friendly and welcoming, they were helpful when learning the policys. Slow trade which made the days long. The best part of the job would be working with such a great team.
Loved it and the atmosphere was great not pressure selling and had decent product and team . I would highly recommend working there to anyone and as a long term employee I had no issues
Sussan is a really nice place to work in, there is a good range of clientele from mid twenties onwards. The traffic in store is average, so it can be more of a relaxed day at work. The benefits from making exceptional sales are very good, and are excellent motivation.
The workload stays the same but the staff needed to fulfill this requirements decreases in hours , full timers have been cut down to par time with severely reduction in working hours.

Not motivation or recognition is given .
great job to accommodate while studying. It was very flexible along with the managers and team mates. Fun to work at a flagstaff store which also taught me the skills needed for a fast paced retail.
Pros
flexible
Cons
retail hours
From my experience.... The Business manager in region 4 especially does not support or communicate with staff or store managers/ASM unless she “clicks” with you... staff are overlooked and made to feel like a just a number and not a participant in earning them a salary and the company a profit... Many capable managers have left the business over my time there and moved on to a more respectful environment
I have been with the Sussan Group since i was in highschool and when i graduated and moved from one city to another they were accommodating and found me a position with the company that was beneficial to me and i was able to commute to in my situation
I had a good time working for the 2IC, she was lovely and always helped when I needed. Customers were usually great. I learned all the stock and how to do orders, stock refills and styling tips. Other co-workers were absolutely lovely and would make me want to come in on off hours just to see them.

I worked six months with the 2IC of the store, hardly seeing the manager. I then got rostered on with the manager, I lasted two shifts.

Firstly, she had specific ways of doing things. In itself it's fine, but when I was trained by someone else, I am not going to do everything EXACTLY how you do it. When I did something a different way she would ask "Why did you do that? Did you not get trained?".

Forget about asking any questions, I was always shot down. "Didn't you learn that in high school?", "What, you don't know that?", "You should know how to do this without being shown." She would without fail always sigh when asked a question, and you could literally see her looking you up and down judging you. She made me really not care about the job.

She made employees and customers uncomfortable. Even other stores would avoid her.

I left after I got a call from another store asking for an item for a customer. I processed the order for them, put the item aside and told the store yes it's all done it will be sent shortly.

She reprimands me for doing (my job) and tells me to call the store back and LIE, saying to tell them that we actually don't have the item and that they need to ring a different store for it.

This was just so we didn't lose a sale.

To top it off,
 - more...
Pros
Lovely girls, good hours for casuals
Cons
Management, confusing sales
I worked for Sussan in Sale Victoria a few years ago.
The manager was awful. Nothing pleased her. She constantly complained about staff and customers!

She told me I had to lose weight and belittled me.

Absolutely hated it!!

The discounts were poor and the clothes were too old for me. Yuck.
Pros
Cons
Manager, awful clothes.
Great training and opportunities to grow within the company. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for Sussan, there’s a great culture and very professional and experienced management that help you to learn and are very patient and positive.
Pros
Great culture, professional and helpful management
Cons
Not a lot of clothes that suit younger employees, but they aren’t really the target demographic anyway
Working with Sussan is a productive and fun working environment when engaging with customers.

The most enjoyable part of working at Sussan is engaging with customers and assisting customers with any help, for example; outfit suggestions, impressing customers with promotions.

The hardest part of working at Sussan would be trying to satisfy customers when they aren't impressed.

Working at Sussan has also improved my confidence in public speaking, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
Pros
30%-50% Sussan brand
Great place to work. Team members are always happy and helpful. Stock is amazing. Roster keeps a good work life balance. Management are approachable and will help with whatever concerns you have
I have been with the Sussan Group for close to 5 years. It's an amazing business to be a part of. I have developed immensely in my career, all thanks to the wonderful support, passion and encouragement of management.
Working across stores and head office, I can confirm the wonderful work/life balance and the amazing culture across the whole group.

I would strongly recommend considering the Sussan Group as an employer of choice
Pros
Culture, Career Development, Aspiring Management, Free Lunch, Product Discount
Cons
N?A
I met some lovely people whilst working here, however the manager is incredibly unprofessional and rude. Nothing you do is ever appreciated, even if you try your absolute hardest. Just this year they have gone through multiple people because of their management style. They expect you to spend an arm and a leg buying their far too expensive clothing on a regular basis, even if you only work a few hours a week. To meet the manager's standards, you basically have to harass customers and treat them all as though they are theives. Don't bother asking for them to explain something more than once either, because you'll get yelled at for your trouble. Considering how expensive the clothes are, the discounts aren't very good either. The worst part is that the manager is extremely childish, petty and rude considering their age. It is impossible to get along with them and everyone working there has had many run ins with them. Definitely would not recommend even applying here. Find somewhere with a much more supportive and kind environment.
Pros
The amazing people you meet.
Cons
Terrible, outdated management style, emotionally and mentally draining, very expensive clothing, not very good hours.
I was with Sussan for a number of years and always enjoyed the pace and the fact that no 2 days were the same. There was always something to do! There was a great team culture that they always encouraged.
working at sussan was fun a lovely envoirment, a typical day would be opening the store cash handling servicing customer, stock control the quality of the clothes was awesome. great staff discounts
Pros
staff discounts
great job and nice team environment, love the clothes and retail work and the style nights. staff could use more support and training to succeed further in all aspects.
a typical day at work would include giving our customers advice and helping them choose clothing that would take home and be happy with, always busy with customers and re stocking the store and making it look inviting.
i learned alot about myself and what it takes to make a happy customer and how to sell products honestly and appropriately.
Pros
being the first to know about new upcoming fashion
Cons
being casual i got too many evening shifts while my children where young