Suzanne Grae
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Suzanne Grae Employee Reviews

Australia30 reviews
Easy to work between stores as procedures are streamlined. Hours can vary. Busier and quieter periods throughout the year. People skills are important and being flexible in duties is often required.
I was left traumatized after my experience working for suzanne grae. I was treated differently because of my background and religious beliefs yet my superiors chose to sack me instead of dealing with the bullying. Coming from a disadvantaged background, I fought hard to keep my job, which was only a few days a fortnight. I took the job to escape problems at home to better my life, yet despite the fact i enjoyed the work and did rather well in my work role, it was difficult to find myself at the hands of managers who were not accepting of my background and found joy in making me the subject of constant ridicule. My hours were cut short with false promises for extra work opportunities. I was basically starved of work. Eventually sacked under false pretenses after 10 years of loyal service to the company with nothing more than a $1000 cheque to show for it.
A great place to work but the casual hours are very casual. This is a position for a lady who really doesn’t need the money but just wants something to do!
I loved working with fashion at Suzanne Grae the girls were friendly and supportive .
enjoyable part of the job was to help customers feel good about them selves while trying on garments and seeing them walk out with a smile on there face .
The entire work place was a joke, management were horrible and if you spoke up you were out casted and the other were made to ignore you as well. Had other team members in tears because of so called management. Bully’s that’s all they are
I absolutely love working here. Suzanne Grae is an amazing company with excellent staff. The pay is the retail award which is fine and the fact staff don’t often leave says a lot about how good the company is to work for.
The staff were lovely, the customers are great , flexibility is available and in store training from all staff members.
Would defiantly re apply for a position in the future.
The culture and store team was amazing and the work was busy but fun. However, management above the store manager level was nothing but a bunch of robots who treated store staff like they were disposable costs to the business. No sympathy, no flexibility, no knowledge of what is legal in terms of Fair Work. There is a desperate need for an HR department that cares for its people. They are so fixated on policy policy policy that they forget they are dealing with actual people who have families and their health to look after.
Pros
Great discount, awesome store team environment. Nice customers.
Cons
No flexibility, a head office that forgets we are real people.
Good if you want to progress. Expect you to step back to part time if you don't want to be 2IC or Manager.
Not helpful when you have a condition which you can work with. Poor communication and not helpful to get you back to work, you are not permitted to work in light duties.

Not up front with how long service payments work.

After 12 years this company, (casual, ppt, 2IC, Manager) with no problems with my work, I expected more.
Pros
Good training. Good business Managers. Good discount. Good Business conferences.
Cons
Unachievable budgets. Poor communication with HR.
the company has a good turn over on the clothing in seasons so it was easy to keep the customers interested.
management would always make you aware of up to date information which helped with the day to day budgets.
Pros
friendly team to work in.
Cons
the day would go so quickly working short hrs.
productive and fun place to work. great benefits and constant opportunities to step up and upgrade positional roles.
constantly changing and very busy work place.
the atmosphere and staff members where great to work with the customers that came into the store were always treated like they where always welcome
my typical day was opening of store ,cleaning and to make sure store looked inviting

what i learnt was being able to converse with any age group

management was always at hand to help

workplace culture was very diverse

the hardest part of any new job is the learning part e.g of new processing ways that different business do

the most enjoyable part of any of my jobs have been the satisfaction that my customers have when they leave

at all times i believe that a smile goes a long way
Pros
great atmoshere
Cons
Excellent training, management very supportive and caring,zero tolerance to workplace bullying,great fun fellow employees, hardest part of job is dealing with certain customers,
Pros
wonderful work mates, & decent tea & lunch breaks
Cons
standing on feet all day
As a Manager, there is high pressure.
Managing rosters, maintaining stock levels, ensure all staff are on task at all times, attaining KPI's, ensuring Customers are attended to with the utmost respect. Merchandising the store.

Great workplace culture.

Hardest part of the job is managing staff.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the customers.
Pros
Great staff discounts
Cons
Little work life balance
I worked at Suzanne Grae on a part-time basis and really enjoyed working with my team. My workmates were extremely helpful and friendly and always willing to help. The job worked well with my other commitments.. Most of the customers were very friendly and I really enjoyed the diversity of roles which included recommending clothes to customers and finding their style as well as working the till and helping to visually merchandise. The roles were also quite easy to learn. The downside however,was the inflexibility and difficulty in taking time off due to how little staff are employed. We were also not allowed to have holidays around Christmas or the June holidays. Changes to the roster were nearly impossible as well.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, great environment, ease in duties
Cons
Pay, hard to get holidays or change shifts- inflexible
I love customer service and dealing with people involve retail as i spend a lot of time in the shops during my time i have learnt to use the till and do stock taking and phone enquires, the most enjoyable part of the day is seeing people happy with there purchase.
Pros
discount on clothes purchased in the shop
Cons
working weekends
Ok place to work mostly womens,need to buy clothes with staff allowance to wear at the store from current promotions.Lot's of unpacking and staff training regarding product knowledge
I really enjoyed working for them. They employ amazing staff and their customers are incredibly loyal! Would highly reccommend!! Great management team aswell
Pros
Hours, management, team, support
Great manager.. always keep their staff uptodate with the new seasons range of clothing. Encourage staff to do their best and help when they are struggling.
Suzanne Grae is a great place to start and then continue to grow your career. There are great training and development incentives and I feel really valued as an employee. The culture is friendly, positive and inclusive and above all fun. it is a great place to work and i am so proud to be apart of the Suzanne Grae Family.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Salary
Customers are mostly easy to service and if not manageable. Sales are a priority so alwsys aware of their needs. Always keep busy cleaning or tidying or putting away stock. Generally a positive work environment. I need extra hours as working only 10 hours per fortnight at Suzanne Grae.
Pros
Friendly staff.
Cons
Not enough hours of work.