Swiss Re Employee Reviews

Working Experience
Data Migration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KS24 October 2017
Focused company and your individual experience increases while employed there. I liked working at the company. I suggest 100% to join in this company if anyone asks my suggestion..
excellent workplace, relaxed but intuitive
Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  London + working from home20 September 2017
Best company I have worked for, Great benefits, mandatory bonus, training, the relaxed atmosphere, I have worked in the banking sector previously and what a difference it is to the re-insurance sector.
Pros
bonuses, training
Cons
I have none
productive
Sr. process analyst (Former Employee) –  India, bangalore17 September 2017
Providing access to Internal and External clients to web, citrix, oracle supporting application (Backend support).

. Booking of premium in ledgers and follow-up for due payments with the clients.

. Handling of clients portfolio and complete technical accounting process.

. Handling of Tickets and Incidents, Resolving clients and customer queries related to business access and applications through ITSM.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low Salary
Work life
Vice President - Sr. Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS16 August 2017
Swiss Re has an excellent approach to work/life balance. It is a good company to work for. Most bosses are well trained and flexible. They tend to reorganize their European operation a lot. That is why I'm on the market.
Pros
Travel
Cons
They tend to reorganize a lot - that is why I'm on the market.
Swiss Re
Senior Treaty Accountant, Special Lines Division (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NY15 August 2017
Had many lay offs. Company grow ever fast. Stong managment. Employees come first. Great workplace culture. Gave back to the community. Love working there.
Pros
Work place culture
Cons
Lots of lays off
Great company, great benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  Zürich, ZH14 August 2017
it is a company of experts and therefore upward potential is more difficult for generalists, however networking can help in this regard. Overall a great work environment
intern experience
Risk Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CT20 June 2017
I liked the people I worked with and my line managers were very helping and experienced. This is the good part. However, the company was in a state of disconnect. At least the project I was involved with was not being provided by the technical assistance that was needed. I was wondering why initiate a project while there is not enough support to do it.
Fun place to work
ASSITANT VICE PRESIDENT - RISK MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka9 June 2017
Excellent culture with friendly people around. Employees are trusted and have flexibility to work from wherever they are comfortable including cafes. There is minimal micromanagement
Fun Place
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS8 June 2017
Follow ups, and uncovering issues that lay in Policy premium and payments.

I learn a lot about the company and the history.

Hardest part of the job is getting in a grove because not everyday has the same things going as the day before you have to be more flexible in other areas and a team player outside your team. But its a great place and extremely rewarding job .
great place to work
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka31 May 2017
great place to work. with good employee benefits. great team employee friendly benefits. though did not find much growth opportunity. friendly work place culture
Did not stay long enough to give feed back
Financial Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NY24 May 2017
* Long hours - but this is my personality
* Pleasant colleges
* I only stayed for couple of months to provide feedback due to commuting hours was stressful than I expected
Swiss Re
Senior Property Facultative Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NY10 May 2017
My job responsibilities typically included identifying and analyzing significant exposures, developing strong marketing relationships. The most interesting aspect of the job was having the opportunity to review and learn about so many different types of business. The hardest part of the job was learning how to deal with the declining rate environment.
Seemly great company to work for
Clinical Claims Intern (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 May 2017
A typical day involves reviewing medical claim cases and deciding the best next course of action. The role also involves being a part of upcoming and innovative new projects in the medical claims field.
Pros
Clinical Claims Intern
Good company but team really matters.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NY5 April 2017
Good company but your experience really depends on the team. Office politics of managing people is another issue. However , most co-workers are nice to work with.
Average work place
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bangalore26 March 2017
A normal job with a decesnt work life balance. Have a bit of flexibility in terms of work from home but apart from that this is as any other normal company.
Pros
Work life balance
The same like before.
Freelancer, Project Management Officer (Former Employee) –  Adliswil, CH2 March 2017
It is the same job like before. I just changed the company. Project management task, troubleshooting, first, second support, all what has to be done to earn money.
I am a self motivated hard working fun and team player
Reinsurance Technical Accountant (Former Employee) –  Parktown, Gauteng25 January 2017
Processing of Accounts seeing clients attend meetings Swiss re management always Interact with the staff ,workplace culture empower staff and we were like a family, The hardest part the job Financial year ends Audits the s most enjoyable part of the job was the year end functions
Pros
Canteen
Cons
We work long hours
A great platform to learn
Technical Accountant Associate and Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka22 December 2016
It's all about loving what you do.That's what keeps me going.I am a people's person and work best in teams and there's nothing to motivate me like a day spent in learning a lot about different people and their way of working.I have highly developed my skills in accounting and it has enhanced my presentation skills by providing training and mentor ship.I am also capable for decision making in crucial cases.
Pros
A great platform to work
Cons
Salary and Compensation
Great job but no advancements
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Armonk, NY6 December 2016
The Job is simple very easy but there is no growth. You give and take access for traveling employees and monitor there schedules.
given on a excel sheet.
Pros
free coffee, professional work place great staff, best veiw in armonk
Cons
dead end job
Calm and Competitive environment to work
Associate Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka18 November 2016
Calm and Competitive environment to work
The work done is niche which takes it to a different level altogether.
Good work-life balance and international exposure opportunity.