Swisslog Employee Reviews

Returns and cycle counts
Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO14 March 2019
A great job, inspecting for disposition of return parts along with keeping up with the cycle counting of all part on the assembly line and in the warehouse were what I do and do well. But the controlling and over management by said whs/assembly manager made it a hard place to go to everyday.
Pros
Great people in assembly and warehouse
Cons
Operation/warehouse director controlling and over demanding
Average Company... siloed like h*ll!!
Manager... (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CO13 March 2019
Department-wise, I had great co-workers and had great working relationships with all first line employees.
That said, management styles vary too greatly. All so often you will feel worked ‘till fainting. Absolutely no work-life balance.
The facilities are very nice, modern, appealing, but it’s like a pile of sh** in a Christmas box, something smells but you’ll never know until you open it.
If you’re single and don’t mind working after work 24/7 then it could be a good first job, just plan ahead and don’t stay long.
Pros
Nice office area, 401k is great, co-workers
Cons
Stressful like h*ll, no work-life balance, tiny raises if at all, 1 “No” is heavier than 100 “Yes”, software and software support su*s, many managers are clue-less (just trying things out)...
A good place to work
COST ACCOUNTANT/BUYER (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO19 February 2019
I was promoted within 9 months of joining the company. Pay wasn't great, but I think if I had stuck it out longer the pay would have come along. I really enjoyed the people I worked with.
Gøy og spennene arbeidsplass
Industrimekaniker/driftsarbeider (Former Employee) –  Vestby22 January 2019
Spennene hverdager
Gode arbeidskollegaer
Godt samvær
Bra opplæring
Pros
Godt samvær
Cons
Mye PC titting
Field Service
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  USA10 January 2019
Interruption of family time is always due to on call.
Vehicle is a death trap, vehicle allowance is way below industry standards.
Medical for family is outrageous.
This company discriminates against older aged employees.
This company is NOT EEO, they promote younger age category personnel. Positions are not posted for everyone to have an opportunity.
Pros
Cons
read the review, its all CONS
Prefer not to write a summary
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO7 December 2018
I prefer not to write a summary for this position or this company. The managers I worked for are no longer with the company and like many positions and companies, an individual's experience is based primarily on their Manager and Management.
Great potential but lacking innovation or understanding of effective methodologies.
Senior Java Programmer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA14 August 2018
This company has some great people, but they all have to work harder than they should because management doesn't understand quality assurance or adherence to effective development methodologies. Closing sales seems to be more important than thorough implementation. Technologies used are considerably behind the curve. Upper management frequently overrides careful planning by engineers.
Company has lots of potential for growth, higher customer satisfaction, and less turnover if these issues are addressed.
Pros
Good benefits, great people, interesting product line.
Cons
Mismanagement, lack of innovation.
Hung out to dry.
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ1 June 2018
Most of my co-workers were good to work with. The company was ok to work for and compensated me well and took care of my expenses but in the end they chose profit over ethics and I was forced to leave.
Great company
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TN20 April 2018
Loved the challenge of the job, didn't enjoy corporate politics or having to document issues to save middle management from blowback. Recent acquisitions have made the company a little fat in the middle.
Pros
Great pay, vacation
Cons
Do you love hotel rooms?
They will work you
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA2 April 2018
Half of the managers don't know what they're doing. No one seems to have critical thinking skills, but everyone wants you to think for yourself. Once had a 5am starting time, there was an emergency 4 hours away. They had to wait for me to finish because I was on call and my manager didn't want to send one of 3 people who were closer.
OK in the beginning
Service Engineer in the NY metro area (Former Employee) –  NY Metro area17 March 2018
A lot to be desired with first line management, later-on in my career 2nd level management wasn’t any better. All about making the numbers and heck with quality of life for the marching soldier out on the field. One may want to consider another company to work for.
Pros
Team
Cons
Could care less about field employees
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Northeast.17 March 2018
Unfortunately, Swisslog in the past couple of years has really turned a corner and not for the best. They will work the FSE to the ground then not give raises because you didn’t have time to finish some paperwork they continue to make up. They talk about work life balance but do not try and schedule anything for your off time. You could be on a flight that day out of the state and Swisslog feels as if it’s your job. They will never remember the times you said yes to them only the one time you said no. I used to love working there however management is really poor too down. There are executives that 6 years ago were only field service managers. That is a sign of a company not being able to have top executives. Good luck if you decide to work in field here.
Field Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA14 March 2018
Filed Operations Engineer positions pay well but you are on a short leash and on call 24/7/365. you do get 3 weeks vacation to start. Training is short so you have to be a quick study.
Pros
Independant work
Cons
on call unless on vacation with short response time
Good Company
ELECTROMECHANICAL ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO12 March 2018
Great Company. It's a shame they are mooing. The environment is safe and friendly. 99% of employees are great to work with. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Moving Far North West
Swisslog was competitive place to work
REGIONAL SALES DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WA6 March 2018
Great attention paid to deal and pipeline status. Solutions regarding integration between Talyst and Swisslog technologies were being developed at the time of my employment.
Pros
Gas Card
Cons
Uncertain integration of technolgies
Zero leadership in field operations
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL25 February 2018
I can only speak about the field operations side of things. Zero leadership with a every person for themselves environment. No one works as a team, rather is just how can I get this off my plate. Managers are constantly promoted from within because real talented people outside of Swisslog see’s this is a cancerous, and weak environment for individuals to thrive. It’s a mess. The entire field operations team needs to be blown up. Get some real talent in there with a proven track record of success. Not just people getting promoted with no idea how to lead a team. People are leaving because no one is being held accountable for their poor decisions. What work life balance? You will be worked like a dog with no rewards.
Pros
North American office located in Denver
Cons
Management, every person for themselves environment, no work life balance
Pour débutant
Technicien de maintenance (Current Employee) –  Paris (75)13 January 2018
Parfait pour se faire de l'expérience,
Sur mon site, 4 technologie de système automatisés différents. idéal pour enrichir ses connaissances.
Cependant aucune évolution de carrière et encore moins d'augmentation de salaire.
Pros
Plusieurs types de systémes automatisés/robotisés
Cons
Pas d'évolution de carriére ni d'augmention de salaire
Great people. Great learning environment
Field Service Technician/Customer Service Support (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN10 January 2018
Test and troubleshoot equipment. Certify bank leased equipment. Travel around the world. Management was very fair and easy to deal with. The job was not too stressful and there was plenty of great technicians there to ask for any help.
Visionary Company in a heavy growth cycle
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA15 December 2017
I enjoyed my time at Swisslog. The management was helpful, caring and flexible to employee's needs. The work was challenging if somewhat difficult, but rewarding. The people were great to work with at Swisslog. Everyone was helpful and HR had their act together.
Pros
interesting work, good HR and management
Cons
Office was very far from my residence so commutes were difficult.
Crazy cut throat
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VA7 December 2017
The whole time I was there I felt like my job was at risk. Contractors are not treated well here empty promises are made constantly and advancement seems like a dream. Time spent in the office is more important than work quality.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swisslog. Our community is ready to answer.