Sydney Adventist Hospital
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Sydney Adventist Hospital Employee Reviews

Australia24 reviews
delivering flowers to patients, restocking fridges, folding bags. I was just a volunteer so this doesn't really apply to me very much and i need 150 characters
a fast paced environment that allowed you to critical think and look at the holistic approach, met many people in your day to day work, be educated on new polices and procedures
Great area to work.
Great staff and patients.

Very positive work environment.

Patients progress at their own rates and are given support and encouragement.
I’ve worked here for many years while studying and they have always been very flexible in my hours, the pay rate is great and the culture is very relaxed, fair and friendly.
Great place to work with amazing team members. Everyone is helpful and outgoing. Management is always helpful when is comes to scheduling your own holidays and when you need to cancel.
Pros
Free lunches/Dinner
Cons
Very early starts
I started several years ago and have been able to watch the culture change from a rather difficult environment to a much more supportive workplace culture thanks to the efforts of upper management. There is a lot of education provided and I was happy working there.
it is a very fast paced and can be very stressful
the staff i work are very friendly and get on well

i think that is all i have to say

i can't think of anything more to say
Worked there’s for 5yrs left because of the corruption in management. HR are turning a blind eye to issues within the hospital and the behaviour of staff. Over priced parking for staff and benefits were cut, all about the dollar!! No duty of care but it’s a Christian Hospital
Cons
- staff were amazing and helpful
- environment of eager to teach

- management was amazing

- made some life long friends

- loved every minute

- learning caring for patients
Worked in the san in multiple roles over 11 years,
A lot of corruption in a few departments that HR should be looking into,

Pay is not to bad when your not having to pay to park you’re car on site,

If your not nursing or in a mangement role

Expect to kiss a lot of butt to get into the ‘favourites circle’ if your not in it expect to be chucked on whatever shift without being asked (favourites get priority on shifts).
Pros
Cons
Old buildings, No career advancement, corruption
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sydney Adventist Hospital?
I loved working there. Great team and good Christian values. Very family friendly and understanding. Management was fantastic very approachable and helpful. The best part about the job was being apart of a team with strong Christian values and having strong work ethic and working with a team that was highly mature was a massive blessing.
Pros
healthy lunch at cafeteria
Cons
travel time afetr doing a 12hr night shift.
A workplace that will provide great opportunities. This hospital has great people to work with. I've got the best manager who would bring out the best in you.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
Good clinical setting to work in.
High level management not always supportive

Some flexibility in rostering.

Not much variation in work experience.

Limited opportunity for advancement.
Worked there for 10 years as a wardsman at Wahroonga my day involved transporting patients from different areas of the hospital including after surgery
I was given multiple opportunities to pick up more shifts as they became available. I was contacted at least once a week. They were understanding that I had study commitments and they worked around it.
My time at the SAN was very good. I worked in a variety of areas including some behind the scenes rolls as well as some front of house admin positions.

Days start early and depending on which department you find yourself in, they can run until your work is done, be that four hours or fourteen. Many of the people I met there are hard workers and are very good at what they do.

The most difficult part of any day is communicating across multiple departments when someone gives you a deadline. Department heads are busy people and they sometimes are not the most effective communicators.

I always got I kick out of showing people around the campus. It is a large area and it is easy to get lost in if you do not know where you are going.
Pros
Excellent workmates and management
Cons
Some unexpected long hours
Loved my experience working there and would still be there if it weren't for the travel from Central Coast to Wahroonga. Company keeps to the motto that the patients come first and foremost and staff generally uphold this motto.
Pros
friends, mixing with patients, feeling needed
Cons
Travel
i was a causal, so i worked as little or lots as i liked. when i needed to work they gave me as much as I liked. i like their computer system, and the nurses there was nice to me.
Pros
Super casual
Cons
i lived far away
A typical day at the sydney adventist hospital is characterised by the positive staff and type of patients admitted at the time. Each day is different.
Management are approachable and willing to provide help where possible.

The hardest part of the job would be seeing critically ill patients at end stage of life.

Most enjoyable part would be seeing the progressive recovery of the patients.
This was one of the hardest jobs I've ever had. It was full-on the whole shift. But in this position I learnt a lot. I learnt a lot about medical matters and treatment - but I also learnt something very different too. Working with the sick and the dying was the basis of another kind of learning that few other jobs offer. It provided me with a certain "insight", if you know what I mean...

I'm glad to have had the experience. It has proved valuable in many ways. But I'm also glad I left for more enjoyable and more intellectually stimulating pursuits.
Pros
I learnt a lot.
Cons
Damned hard work.
The level of care and expertise is high and the respect that is shown to the patient and to the staff is present.
Due to reduced availability of casual shifts - relocation to the public hospital system was the next option.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sydney Adventist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
Sydney Adventist Hospital Reviews by Location