Sydney Adventist Hospital Employee Reviews

Amazing learning opportunity
AIN and Student RN (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 January 2019
- staff were amazing and helpful
- environment of eager to teach
- management was amazing
- made some life long friends
- loved every minute
- learning caring for patients
Bad priorities
Multiple roles (Former Employee) –  Wahroonga NSW8 November 2018
Worked in the san in multiple roles over 11 years,
A lot of corruption in a few departments that HR should be looking into,
Pay is not to bad when your not having to pay to park you’re car on site,
If your not nursing or in a mangement role
Expect to kiss a lot of butt to get into the ‘favourites circle’ if your not in it expect to be chucked on whatever shift without being asked (favourites get priority on shifts).
Pros
Cons
Old buildings, No career advancement, corruption
productive and great mature work culture
Sleep technician (Former Employee) –  Sydney Northern Suburbs NSW6 November 2018
I loved working there. Great team and good Christian values. Very family friendly and understanding. Management was fantastic very approachable and helpful. The best part about the job was being apart of a team with strong Christian values and having strong work ethic and working with a team that was highly mature was a massive blessing.
Pros
healthy lunch at cafeteria
Cons
travel time afetr doing a 12hr night shift.
Adheres to its mission: Christianity in Action
Registered Nurse (Same Day Surgery/Peri-operative) (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 October 2018
A workplace that will provide great opportunities. This hospital has great people to work with. I've got the best manager who would bring out the best in you.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
Typical large institutional expectations.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wahroonga NSW2 June 2018
Good clinical setting to work in.
High level management not always supportive
Some flexibility in rostering.
Not much variation in work experience.
Limited opportunity for advancement.
Was Ok to work there
Wardsperson (Former Employee) –  Wahroonga NSW13 May 2018
Worked there for 10 years as a wardsman at Wahroonga my day involved transporting patients from different areas of the hospital including after surgery
Opportunities
Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wahroonga NSW6 March 2018
I was given multiple opportunities to pick up more shifts as they became available. I was contacted at least once a week. They were understanding that I had study commitments and they worked around it.
A friendly workplace with excellent people
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wahroonga NSW28 January 2018
My time at the SAN was very good. I worked in a variety of areas including some behind the scenes rolls as well as some front of house admin positions.

Days start early and depending on which department you find yourself in, they can run until your work is done, be that four hours or fourteen. Many of the people I met there are hard workers and are very good at what they do.

The most difficult part of any day is communicating across multiple departments when someone gives you a deadline. Department heads are busy people and they sometimes are not the most effective communicators.

I always got I kick out of showing people around the campus. It is a large area and it is easy to get lost in if you do not know where you are going.
Pros
Excellent workmates and management
Cons
Some unexpected long hours
Extremely busy, caring and professional
Theatre Bookings Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wahroonga NSW22 November 2017
Loved my experience working there and would still be there if it weren't for the travel from Central Coast to Wahroonga. Company keeps to the motto that the patients come first and foremost and staff generally uphold this motto.
Pros
friends, mixing with patients, feeling needed
Cons
Travel
great work load
Assistant in Nursing (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 October 2017
i was a causal, so i worked as little or lots as i liked. when i needed to work they gave me as much as I liked. i like their computer system, and the nurses there was nice to me.
Pros
Super casual
Cons
i lived far away
Fun, relaxed, professional environment.
Supervisor/ Warde Aide (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 July 2016
A typical day at the sydney adventist hospital is characterised by the positive staff and type of patients admitted at the time. Each day is different.
Management are approachable and willing to provide help where possible.
The hardest part of the job would be seeing critically ill patients at end stage of life.
Most enjoyable part would be seeing the progressive recovery of the patients.
Hard work, but I learnt a lot.
Patient Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 May 2016
This was one of the hardest jobs I've ever had. It was full-on the whole shift. But in this position I learnt a lot. I learnt a lot about medical matters and treatment - but I also learnt something very different too. Working with the sick and the dying was the basis of another kind of learning that few other jobs offer. It provided me with a certain "insight", if you know what I mean...

I'm glad to have had the experience. It has proved valuable in many ways. But I'm also glad I left for more enjoyable and more intellectually stimulating pursuits.
Pros
I learnt a lot.
Cons
Damned hard work.
A stimulating environment.
Registered Nurse (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 May 2016
The level of care and expertise is high and the respect that is shown to the patient and to the staff is present.
Due to reduced availability of casual shifts - relocation to the public hospital system was the next option.
High Quality Care
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 December 2015
The SAN is a major leader in quality clinical health care, I am proud to have had employment at this hospital, and recommend it to people who consider hospital treatment and stay.
Pros
Ongoing training
Cons
Not enough hours for casual staff
Beautiful learning working environment with plesant people around
Ubdergraduate nurse (Current Employee) –  Wahroonga, NSW3 March 2014
I would love to go back and work again at SAH if I will be given a chance ones I have a RN experience since I missed the new graduate program.
Pros
free bread and tea
Cons
cancellation of shift
productive and fun learning ground for nurses
Undergrad Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wahroonga NSW25 October 2012
I have to say that workng for the Sydney Adventist Hospital has been a fundamental part of my training as a nurse - have developed in my nursing clinical experience and learnt a whole deal of things along the way.

Co-workers are generally helpful and kind, with management in the Staff Allocations office being quite fantastic in giving me lots of work while I was there, I even enjoyed doing a few double shifts (total 12hrs) as an undergrad nurse.

The experience has been very good and beneficial to my career as a nurse. I have worked in the oncology. colorectal, cardiac, surgical, medical and day surgery to name a few wards - while working here.
Pros
lots of work and vital experience
Cons
distant from my home as i've shifted north