Sydney Opera House Trust
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Sydney Opera House Trust Employee Reviews

Australia15 reviews
I would recommend working here. Fair wages and benefits and kind and supportive management. Can be challenging due to the fast pace but emotionally rewarding.
awesome place to work with great people as well. would definitely recommend this workplace for anyone looking to work in a friendly and collaborative environment
It’s an ok job if you want a flexible schedule. The pay is pretty bad but over all it’s always a good conversation starter to say you’ve worked at the opera house.
Ever changing management structure is a bit disconcerting. Benefits are : maybe occasional ticket to show if you work full time, not much chance if you’re casual though.
A typical work day was a very relaxing work-life balance with a great Green Room. The management was very focused on the deliverable and ensured adequate time was given to reach optimal potential. The perks of house tickets for in-house shows was one which I would cherish for a lifetime.
Working at the Opera House after arriving from the UK gave me a great insight and experience in working on a much larger scale than my previous positions in the hotel industry in Europe.
I ran the pastry section with up to 8 other Demi and Sous chefs along with two to three apprentices. We catered for all of the Opera House venues from one pastry kitchen, under the guidance of Janni Kyritsis and other various food consultants. I left the position after three years to return to the UK and returned in 97 with my new born and family.
Pros
Straight shifts no sundays good kitchen environment with plenty of new learning opportunities.
Cons
At times the consultants had the control over the menu decisions which became frustrating.
best venue I've ever worked in or probably went for location and the view of the harbour. Was a great overall experience working with solotel the bar were always packed out with people attending operas and live music performances.
Pros
cheap $4 beers
Orari lavorativi molto variabili
Ottima applicazione della lingua inglese

Gestione intuitiva del lavoro e molto stimolante
Great place to work,
Daily checks, on plumbing assets,

Managed by building operations, and all correspondence between plumbing issues and operations goes through the plumbing contractor., including how Jobs will be handled and followed up.

Sydney opera house has a really good team oriented approach to all works needed to be completed.

I really enjoyed working with others to get a job completed in time.
Pros
Cons
Non
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sydney Opera House Trust?
Definitely recommend working with the Sydney Opera House. It was great to work with the people, very warm and welcoming. Location was a good spot in the city.
Pros
Cons
Transportation
starting work early hours for preping the food and what not. all day cooking and at the end of the day you would be cleaning everything down. but the people working around you made it easier as we had fun while doing it at most times.
Pros
free lunch
due to the events held at the Opera House - the pressure times were very short and very high pressured. I loved the pressure that was put on us to deliver, whether it was pre=theatre, or interval drinks, or a sit down dinner for 3000 on the Opera House forecourt. everything happened at once so you needed to be extremely organized, hard working and enjoy challenges thrown at you at the last minute.
the people we worked with were so different with so many different needs, that kept it interesting. the opera house is such a beautiful structure that it demanded respect and it respect was shown in everything we did to maintain the building. boundaries were pushed to achieve first off events and the events attracted to the opera house were the best in the country. everyone was proud of where they worked and it showed in how they worked.
Pros
the location and the event calendar
Cons
sometimes the hours were long
I became multi-skilled, dedicated, loyal, deligent and hardworking during those 25 years I worked with sydney opera house.

I gained the best support and asistance from my supervisors and managers within 25 years of my experience.

I had the best and interesting time working in the opera house as I met a lot of people on a daily basis especially in providing event support and visiting companies.
The people are very passionate about what they do. Everyone is driven to succeed and enjoy what they are doing. See the events as a result of what you have delivered is extremely satisfying.
Pros
Can see some shows
The Opera House embodies beauty, inspiration and the liberating power of art and ideas. It is a masterpiece that belongs to all Australians.
Pros
Great experience to have on resume & of course free tickets to shows
Cons
Heritage restrictions for building projects