Sydney Tools

26: Sydney Tools Employee Reviews

Australia26 reviews

2.1Work–Life Balance

good team kept me around

it was a good experience. lots of staff turnover for a few reasons. you either cop it or you dont. laxed environment if managers not cracking the whip.

Pros

good team, pretty lenient

Cons

long hours, poor conditions

Fast pace but rewarding environment

Sydney Tools is a rewarding place to work, the hard workers and dedicated staff always finish first as they are rewarded well. Good about of Training and Development put into each staff member and this makes for a confident work environment

Pros

Collaboration between staff, regular salary reviews

Cons

Busy environment

Productive and Collaborative Workplace

A lot of career progression and personal growth within the business. Positive working environment and culture and always being rewarded for your efforts.

Pros

Career Progression

Rewarded for doing the work

Working at sydney tools has allowed me the opportunity to further develop my career and I have seen and experienced first hand that people who do the work and get results will be rewarded for their effort, whether that be via salary increases, flexibility or promotions.

Good workers

Warehouse manager clearly has never had any training on how to lead by example. Makes it kind of difficult seeing the boss just walk around with insults to workers and never a nice job keep it up

Pros

Good people

Cons

Terrible warehouse manager

Toxic and 0 work life balance

0 training, management is poor, break times under legal limit, 9+ hour days for 11 days a fortnight. Toxic work environment, everyone there thinks they above everyone else. Job completely different as to what is described in interview process. Stay Away!

Pros

Cons

everything

Toxic and long hours

By far the most toxic work culture I’ve ever witnessed. Backstabbing, lies and talking behind your back is a common theme at sydney tools. Staying back after you’ve finished work is expected not respected. And career advancement is like chasing a rainbow (never happens) there are much better jobs out there save yourself the time and find something good.

High stress shark tank

Given 3 days to remember everything about the products and expect you learn on your own outside of work, fight other colleagues for sales, expects all workes to be able to have the same knowledge and sales talent as someone thats been there for 5 years in the industry.

Pros

Good discounts

Cons

Toxic and arrogant work environment

Most toxic workplace I have ever seen

Easily the most stressful & toxic workplace I have ever seen.Management are aggressive, rude and burn through staff quickly - as 1 manager said to me "I don't care if people leave, there's always another idiot to replace them".Zero career advancement unless you are related to the owners, zero incentive to improve sales or procedures as you will get treated the same as before with no monetary reward. Zero flexibility.

Pros

Good pay rate.

Cons

Management & work culture.

Disorganised stressful management terrible

From day one of the job I noticed how disorganised the business is. The work place was dirty unorganised and very disappointing. Management are rude unhelpful and don’t look like they want to be there. Still waiting for the business induction after three weeks constant changes to roster with employees not being informed. Really behind in all operations of the business very unpleasant working environment.

Pros

Cons

The whole job

Aggressive management

Lack of people skills in higher management and HR makes it impossible to have any job satisfaction. Long hours make having a life outside of work difficult

Pros

Uniform is free

Cons

Long hour's, aggressive and rude management

Working at Sydney Tools is fast paced but really enjoyable and exciting!

Working at Sydney Tools is something really enjoyable and exciting! No day is the same and although the Directors expect a lot, I feel like family. I have been able to grow my career and have still have some many opportunities to grow and develop my skills in the HR department.Due to the industry (Retail) at times it is full on but that is expected due to the different competing deadlines and different functions I would be looking after.Great team environment, everyone is friendly in the office and ready to assist when you need assistance.

Pros

Good remuneration, grow and develop my skills in HR, family business and lots of job advancement.

Cons

Fast paced environment might not be for everyone

Taking Advantage of workers

Do not apply at this place! They will put you on a trial that will go for 2 weeks and you will not do the job that you are hired for,you will be pushed around and given all the worst jobs that nobody wants to do on top of that noboday knows what to do as everyone has a task each time of the day. You will get yelled at for doing any job and expected to rush,yelled at using a forklift the majority of staff will not show you and you will be given the flick after 2 week and notified that you were on trial with no pay. This is commonly happening now given everything and everyone will take advantage of it.If your going to slave around at least be paid but don't waste your abilities here as they will not be appreciated.

Pros

Some Nice People to work with

Cons

Long Hours, Warehouse a Mess unsafe practices

Appalling Culture / Toxic Management

This has to be the most unprofessional organisation I have ever come across. They bully staff and don’t respect anyone. Management is the worst. Complete nut cases. There is no supportive team culture and they fire and hire as they wish. Don’t waste your time. Take your decency and dignity where it is appreciated. A big business that is a back yard operator. Schools boys being bully’s!!!!

most hardest job

what can i say they dont care about ohs all the supervisers are toface snakes they blame there mistakes to there workers they use bully ways some dont have licence to use forkifts

Pros

no pros

Cons

work 50 hrs and get payed 40 hrs

Only 2 genuine work colleagues.

Not worth my time even reviewing them. Manager would belittle me in front of customers if I had a question about something. He was meant to help me learn the computer system and explain specific procedures, but cared more about how good he thought he was in front of customers. Just a typical narcissist

Awesome tools!

Was good learning about and selling awesome tools and construction equipment. Pay was good but I worked 6 days a week in return. Depending on which branch, some can be extremely busy and fast paced.

Very bad environment and goes against every customer serve training I have ever done.

Promising you the world and to deliver nothing. Toxic work environment with little support. The business is a multi-million dollar business and it is run like a small business. Little to no training.

no one works as a team

we are told to work as a team in training, when starting instore there is a chain of command with phones and talking to customers managers get the first customers then people that have been there the longest, it makes it every hard for someone starting to try and sell as they are not given practice

Cons

Very pushing and pressurized environment. No guarantee for work. Stereotype managers and team leader.

1) No guarantee for work 2) very stereotype management 3) always push you and pressurized you to put more and more efforts 4) manager is very picky and racist

Warehouse work

My day to day is picking and packing then to wrap the palettes and load them to the truck. Clean the warehouse, remove empty boxes and strapping from the racks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sydney Tools. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Sydney Tools with