Sydney Trains
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Sydney Trains reviews

Sydney Trains

Sydney Trains Employee Review

A day at work

Most days I plan for myself. The projects that are handed to me, I am generally free as to how I would plan to get them done. As I do not have to attend many meetings, therefore there is more time to plan projects, talk to customers and do research. Managers are happy that I am autonomous, but the results make them happier.

Pros

Not many Micro-managers hovering.

Same roleSame location

Beaurocratic

A place where beaurocracy trumps common sense and business logic. This place needs a management overhaul. The atmosphere is very sullen and environment is non collaborative.
Same location

No career growth - you will be stuck in your role

Old Managers with old thinking don't promote new candidates. There are career progressions unless you suck up-to to management for wrong things. Very Bureaucratic.

Pros

Marker Rate pay

Cons

Nil Career Growth prospects
Same location

Team no direction, not a place to be female

Actual had a coworker refuse to shake my hand in front of supplier saying he didn't shake hands with woman. When complaining my business unit manager actually reprimanded me for being culturally insensitive. Bid boys club. A uck in the past. Many people promoted way beyond their ability.

Pros

State government pay rates are generous

Cons

Gender discrimination rife, nepotism rife

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sydney Trains. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Sydney Trains