Sydney Trains
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Sydney Trains Employee Reviews for Salesperson

I want to work abroad.

It was an enjoyable work because you never grow old when you work with children( as the Pope says they are gifts of God). When my task is complete, I arranged and organized library materials for children to read ( Years 1 - 6).

Pros

My work place was 10 minutes walk only from home.

Cons

I had to prepare lesson plans daily and children's report cards.

Sydney Trains is a very good employer.

As a front line customer service officer, I am the first person of contact with the travelling public. I served hundreds of people everyday from multi-cultural backgrounds, various age groups, different sexual preferences, disabilities, etc. Sydney Trains is an EEO employer. Every employee is trained on Equal Employment Opportunities, Work Health and Safety and Fire and Evacuation Emergency. Our workplace culture is customer focus and safety first. The hardest part of my job is when there is a service delay and people are upset and they become difficult and abusive. The best part of my job is when you know that you've made a difference in someone's life even in a small way and they appreciated it.

Pros

free travel on public transport during employment, free uniforms

Cons

new technology kill jobs

Generally a good place of employement with advancement possibilities.

Day shift opening the station, Counting and checking moneys In the tills and safe. Being responsible for security and maintain a high standard of customer service. Relay information to customers in a timely manner face to face and over the telephone. Afternoon shift the same thing only you would close the station. There would be a number of different duty's allocated by the officer in charge. The learning experience over twenty years was intense remembering that you would deal with up to 800 customers per shift so a relaxed demeanour and an understanding of what your customers expect from you in service delivery and the expectations of the company. Management and staff work together as a team with a common goal to give a high quality of customer service and minimise any complaints. My co-workers I grew to know over a long period of time most of them had been on the job for over thirty years this includes people from City Stations all through the Central Coast and Newcastle so a you could imagine some friendships grew and we worked well together. The hardest part of the job was working through twelve years of reforms to the workplace and job descriptions which when looked at improved customer service and the quality in trains and stations and a better customer experience. Generally the whole experience was enjoyable with a bit of stress thrown in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sydney Trains. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Sydney Trains