Symbion
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Symbion Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
The job offers great pay. However, there is a lack of job security and the work itself is incredibly boring. That's not to say it's not a good job, at times it will be fast moving whereas other times it's slow.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Management
Cons
Inconsistent Hours (4hr days, sometimes 10hr days) Lack of job security, mostly casual employment.
Work there for 10days and got fired. Staff was all rude especially Team leader. Have no manner it was all girls crew, if they didn’t like you no matter how good of a worker you were didn’t matter. They didn’t even care to learn my name, when they need me to go to a different section it was like. Hey you when you finished here go there. It sad that those lady are so comfortably treating people like that, and management take there words and not see fact first. They say if you are bully report, how? in the real world everybody need and want a job. None listern to a causal over a full time staff.
Pros
Money
Cons
Staff
I had 11 years here. As is most positions, the days were long but there were a lot of nice people and many social events which I will remember fondly. There was not much hope of climbing the ladder there but I studied for other disciplines and I was able to do this as well as have time to work so it worked out well.
Pros
Good friends, time for study...even sat some exams here due to SOME tolerant bosses.
Cons
great company to work in.
workmates were friendly (like 2nd family)

relationships with team mates were great

a typical day is always busy, but good

the most enjoyable part of the job was completion of each task

the hardest part of the job was there was never enough time
Pros
had work and family balance
Cons
no career progression
Great introduction to warehousing

Interesting management strategies

Little job culture

Good part time job

Ability to learn warehouse roles
Pros
Learning various warehouse roles
Cons
Culture, equipment
This place is the worst for morale, respect and work life balance. The union members have ruined the place and senior management will take no responsibility for letting them run it into the ground! You will find very few if any who would disagree. Labour hire are treated like a number and have no leg to stand on as far as rights are concerned, and it will take the big wigs of EBOS themselves to come through and investigate it thoroughly, and clean out the garbage before anything there changes.
Pros
I dont work there anymore
Cons
Its Symbion Underdale
I miss working there because the management we so helping and also give people the opportunity to learn and move around.

Co workers were good.

Management were good giving people a chance to move from one department to another

Hardest part, was when the other two clerks were having a day off at the same day and you left alone to make all decisions and answered the phone, made the truck booking lodge the job numbers in system. It was also the most enjoyable part of the job because I got to learn how to prioritize my day most importantly it made the day went to fast.
Pros
fun to work
Symbion is a safe and healthy work enviroment, co-workers very
caring and friendly to work along side.

Symbion provided a good learning and teaching enviroment to obtain skills and experience as a warehouse store person.
Short shifts, good rates of pay,recieval of inbound product, some replenishment duties, high reach fork
Cons
Seasonal Work
Meeting and attending to clients of all cultures and ages was very rewarding.
Pros
Great team ethics
Cons
Difficult clients
My co-workers were great, very friendly and out-going. I enjoyed the fast-paced and focus everybody had within the workplace, made me focus more and know that I will be able to do work without anyone interupting me.
Pros
it was fun
Cons
working straight 4 hours before break