Syneos Health Clinical Employee Reviews

Find another CRO for your career needs.
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Remote17 July 2019
Most employees are swamped with work from early morning to late night. If you show any proficiency in your ability to do the work, you are subsequently overloaded with tasks and expected to complete the workload of more than three individuals. Each day your schedule is flooded with multiple 1hr+ long meetings, which greatly hinders your ability to get your actual work completed so you are forced/expected to work 50+ hours per week (abysmal work-life balance). Sites and clients are chronically unhappy so if you are at all interested in ensuring customer satisfaction... please find another CRO to work for. Management does not care about the employees as they are simply seen as disposable cogs. Most upper management does not understand how to perform the job of their own subordinates which frequently results in policy and procedural changes that are more detrimental than at all helpful. The culture, on the face, is "we're all one big family", but in reality you are promised the world and given a singular saltine in a cafeteria full of "mean girls" with rampant gossip and all the back-biting you can handle. The most enjoyable part of the job was other employees, at some point you become "fellow soldiers" in the trenches simply trying to survive the barrage of nonsense together.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, Other employees are great to work with.
Cons
No work life balance, Frequent uninformed and detrimental process changes, Toxic culture, Independent thought discouraged, Too many meetings in a day no time for actual work, Astronomical utilization rates for employees, Very unhappy clients
Senior Study Documentation Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2019
I am one of the pioneer employees in the company starting with 15 staff in 2001 and I have witnessed the rapid growth of the company after acquisition of different companies. During the period, I learned the ins and outs of the company as I am involved in most of the department (from Administrative, customer service, accounts department, purchasing, asset management), gained lots of respect from my peers and superiors in multi cultural ethnicity - I could say that we are one family that makes me eager to go to work everyday.

We always enjoy our departmental pot luck with different cuisine every quarter, the parlor games, and sports after office hours.

The company is a fast pace environment, however I never experience of any hard time instead enjoying helping my colleagues when needed.
Pros
Employees meeting with free lunch, harmonious relationship with the employees and management
All is just for top executives
Medical Director (Former Employee) –  New Jersey8 July 2019
Cannot keep good accounts, no investment in employees, no transparency. They like to say big things at meetings but this is just BS. Overall is a dead end for who gets in.
Pros
Not much
Always opportunities at Syneos Health
Senior Sales Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJ8 July 2019
There is always opportunities at Syneos Health. I've had the opportunity to work with over a dozen clients and have learned and gained experiences from each one.
Wonderful caring team members and company
Safety Data Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC8 July 2019
Syneos was a great place to work. The team members were excellent and the company mission is what drives the company. Your work really does matter here!
Pros
Remotely work
a unified, transparent and great place to work.
Medical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  King St.7 July 2019
Managers are easy to talk. Well managed and outstanding team work is always felt. Very pleasant place to work and learn. Goal oriented and confidentiality is well followed.
Good Company with high reputation in Market
Account Receivable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, Haryana2 July 2019
It is fun to work in Syneos Health .
Manager has given me all the flexibility to let me work as per my convenience.
I would recommend people to look for the better and stable future here in this company.
friendly and understanding
Director, Regulatory (Current Employee) –  Home based office1 July 2019
fast paced environment
expectations of productivity normal in this environment
great teams
motivated individuals
busy workload
been working for 5 years with Syneos and I love the company and the culture
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
sometimes long hours
Productive and fun
Associé, soutien de laboratoire I (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC29 June 2019
The workload is smooth and everything is under control as long as you talk about the problem when it come but the job is still under paid and it is very slow to have advancement.
Great company to work for
Sr. CRA II (Current Employee) –  Home based office25 June 2019
The best part about this job is being involved in meaningful work which helps to bring new drugs to market. Although we do work from home the workplace culture is awesome.
Many changes going on
Principal Clinical Data Management Programmer (Former Employee) –  Remote20 June 2019
Company going through a lot of changes due to the merger. inVentiv was a much better company before the merger with INC. They are imposing processes mostly used by INC and inVentiv employees now have to adjust to their way of doing things. Not able to access areas now that we were able to do so in the past. People are still really great to work with. Directors and above are now all INC employees.
Toxic
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NC17 June 2019
Incompetent management that thrives on creating miserable culture. Hemorrhaging employees for a reason. Working here will damage your resume. There is not one redeeming quality here. Stay far far away.
Pros
Cons
Toxic culture, incompetent management, no work life balance, low salary, no bonus, zero chance of career progression
Contract sales organization with room for growth and advancement
Senior Oral Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA10 June 2019
Detail dentists and hygienists on Listerine/Reach portfolio of products. Conduct in-services to educate offices on the science behind the products. Responsible for quarterly sales goals, reach and frequency goals and in-services. Best part of my job is meeting new people and building relationships.
work life balance not good
Safety specialist I (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, Haryana10 June 2019
typical day at work.
management issue.
culture fine.
Salary structure good.
Lunch most enjoyable.
workplace good.
cannot explore much in field.
Politics.
Pros
flexible timing
Syneos Mgr Great/Client Mgr bordered on abusive
Senior Biopharmaceutical Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CA5 June 2019
Syneos was a great contract company to work for-my first Mgr didn’t think I deserved the job (I was chosen by the first Client Mgr). I exceeded goals and won several awards my first year with Syneos. As per usual, Mgmt change, new Syneos Mgr-she was amazing and Client Mgr was truly a sociopath. Again, exceeded my sales goals and qualified for President’ Circle. Top 8% of 850 reps. He decided I wasn’t “worthy” of rolling in to client company.
Pros
Great Syneos Mgr-supportive
Cons
Not much support when there HR issues.
Good for entry level
Clinical Data Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2019
Good for entry level, lots of new projects. However, no job stability and 80% staff is part-time. Work culture and people are nice. They call you as per schedule. If no work, no schedule.
Good place to start your career
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2019
Good place to start but salary not enough to have a career. Not much incentive to stay. Jobs are unpredictable as some times are insanely busy, and some months there is nothing.
Solid business straftegy
Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJ28 May 2019
Good work and people where there is an open mind to remote work. Lot of people split time with coming to the office and working from home. Open to discussing new ideas.
Pros
Close to many things and access to train
Cons
No Cafe at location but close to food businesses
Ambiente laboral en la oficina de Santiago de Chile realmente bueno.
Senior Clinical Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Santiago de Chile24 May 2019
En general para Chile, cuando la empresa era INC Research, habían muy pocas posibilidades de crecimiento, todas las oportunidades de pasar de Sr CRA a CLT o PM quedaban en las oficinas mas grandes de Latinoamerica, desfortunadamente Santiago es la mas chica y no por ello menos eficaz, todo lo contrario, pues es quien cubre continuamente la espalda a Argentina y otros paises mayores y además abre todos los estudios de Latinoamerica por los buenos tiempos regulatorios y la organización del país.
Pros
Ambiente Laboral en la oficina
Cons
Upper Management sin creatividad ni plasticidad neuronal
No opinion
Senior CRA II (Current Employee) –  Work from home21 May 2019
I have no opinion of this work environment. I have been at Syneoshealth for 3 years and unless a new opportunity occurs, I will continue to work for them.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Compensation could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Syneos Health Clinical. Our community is ready to answer.