T.G.I Fridays Employee Reviews

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 4,733 reviews
fun and enjoyable time learning about hospitality
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Epping VIC14 February 2019
- served customers
- handled food
- prepped food
- dishwashing
- cleaning cutlery
- cleaning tables
- loved working with food and preparing it
- lovely group of people to work with
Pros
free lunches
Cons
work experience was short due to school
good workplace
Kitchen Hand/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Epping VIC6 February 2019
working at tgi Fridays was very good. its a restaurant so it tends to get busy at times. overall job was enjoyable and they provide the goods for lunch as it is a restaurant.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours not enough pay
Fast paced work environment
Assistant Venue Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia16 January 2019
Young vibrant fast paced work environment requires to be on your feet often. Long hours work. Weekends availability important. Company culture high with sense of belonging.
Pros
Free lunch, advancement opportunities.
Cons
Long hours, sometimes no break, labour low
Catering Assistant
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 November 2018
TGIF was a very wonderful experience .It is a International Food chain which helped to enhanced my customer service skills,communication sills and also Leadership skills
Workplace Culture
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Melbourne20 September 2018
I had so much fun working with them. No drama, no stress, they were all happy to worked with and most of all, you can feel the love and respect. The only reason I was out because I need to find better offer but overall TGIF is nonetheless one of the best company I had worked for.
Pros
Supportive Management
Stressful place
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Victoria12 July 2018
This is the type of place where they will juice you as they will squeeze a lemon get alll the juice out then get rid of you.
Use to be a good place to work.
Get you to work long hour no time in lieu .no salary increase for extra responsibilities.
Get you to do a training for 400+ pages manual for next position.
When it comes to get you on board they never hav time.
Send every one on break then you work all sections by yourself.
Then manager daring to ask,how long on the meals.
Never working there again and wont advice anyone else to.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Very long hours and many lazy co workers
Good workplace culture
Waiting tables (Former Employee) –  Marion SA9 July 2018
TGI Fridays (at Westfield Marion) is a vibrant restaurant to work at. As is to be expected in hospitality, the hours can be difficult and working under pressure is frequently expected. The managers were very friendly and supportive.
Pros
Friendly managers
Cons
Sometimes understaffed
Waitress/Host (Former Employee) –  Fountain Gate VIC6 December 2016
Opening & Closing the store
Learned how to improve skills
Management was good and helpful
Co-workers were fun to work with, very helpful and easy going
Great Work Opportunities working with TGI Fridays
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC26 July 2016
I would go back to work for them any day.
I loved the environment, all the employees, i worked with were all supportive and bubbly people to get to know and work beside, and the opportunities they offered were amazing.
Pros
Great staff. Great Location. Great Energy.
Cons
Low Wages
great people, poorly managed
KITCHEN MANAGER June (Former Employee) –  Southbank VIC25 June 2016
a typical day is work as hard as you an for 2 hours send everyone on 4 hr breaks work all day by yourself, then hold of every staff as long as possible, not allowed to leave the facility, my workers were so amazing and that was my favourite part of my 3 years, the people.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours, over worked, no appreciation, some days no breaks, work 7 days, no lieu days
New in NSW, Australia and still working out how to come together
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSW26 April 2016
It was a brand new opening site in Australia and it seemed to be taking a bit of time to really come together and flow. Management was trying but staff hours were always getting cut last minute or they were being asked to wait several hours to start after arriving for their shift due to the establishment being quiet. The staff was amazing and fun and it seemed like a great company to work for in the long run, but I ended up leaving the job after finding new employment.
Great job
Hostess/Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 April 2016
good training awesome skills taught through out the job
would be a very good first time job
hours are long/late/unpredictable often
Pros
friendly employees/great training
Cons
late hours
Positive workplace
Servers' Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Southland Shopping Centre, Cheltenham 31921 October 2015
Working for the company is already an honour, but it's the day to day shifts that work significantly well due to the positive energy of the place. Fellow employees possess personalities that reflect the fun nature of the business and ensure that the job is enjoyable.
The managers are always on top of things, doing what is right for both the guests to the restaurant and which suit the employees. They handle busy nights very well, ensuring everybody does their part and pushes for excellence. They keep employees up to date with new information and changes, daily goals and achievements, and ensure they reward the workers when they have worked hard and strong.
Fun workplace with a lot to learn
Host/Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney10 September 2015
All over it's quite an average job for me. I think I am underpaid there. The effort I have to give there is not worth for that amount of salary.
friendly, driven, social staff
2011 school based work experience (Former Employee) –  Doncaster 31086 August 2015
staff were very friendly and driven to do well in their workplace, they were also social and happy to talk to each other while also completing their work
N/a
Bartender, server, food expediter and host (Current Employee) –  TIA5 July 2015
same as the previous review I wrote. Great company. Great location. Great co workers. extended family. Everything is good
fun organisation with full autonomy of running business as ones own business wth good training and support.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Epping, VIC16 February 2015
Run the business as one owns business with full autonomy on business plans and culture. Built a great team with average length of service of 3-5 years with multi-cultural backgrounds and from various age groups of 16 - 62 years old staff. Ran store for 6 years grooming staff to management level and able to run own stores. Marketing guru with insight for future planing and growth of company in mind. Build and plan career path for all staff with checkpoints and feedback along the way. Finds satisfaction and pleasure in seeing my team succeed and grow to new levels and positions. Passion in dealing with guests and building new long term relationships to build on loyal long term customers that help grow with word of mouth.
Pros
given full autonomy to run business, good training and on going courses to improve skills and knowledge, strong culture of belonging and team work, instilled a great knowledge of systems to run a productive and effective organisation
Cons
long hours 50-60 hrs and work life balance
A fun and easy going work place
Customer Service Assistant, Waiter, Host (Former Employee) –  The Jam Factory, South Yarra10 February 2015
I god a lot out of this experience; I became accustomed to working with many of different backgrounds and I also had many trying experiences with troublesome customers.
Pros
No early starts
Cons
Working on weekend nights
Regular day at work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Adelaide10 January 2015
You'd get into work about half an hour before your roster start time and be able to sit in a staff area right next to the bar away from the guest, we would get asked to not start and wait until it is busier before we get put on because they are wanting to save money, so you would lose hours when coming into work, I have learned that it is not the place to work, the management team is not professional at all, the only good thing about that place is the other staff members, hardest part of the job is trying to get through the night without someone getting angry and frustrated at you.
Pros
Cons
Short shifts, terrible management, not professional at all
Don't take the leap
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD24 November 2014
Friday's may seem like a fun place to go for a drink or for food, but to work there is a completely different story. Being hired on the spot without a trial shift may seem like the perfect start, however once you sign on, you'll soon regret it. They hire people with no experiences whatsoever in bartending and a place like Friday's needs experienced working because of its high demand of service and speed of service. The bar is one of the worst I have ever worked on because of how spread out everything is, all the cocktail ingredients are in one area instead of being within arms reach and they do not train you how to make cocktails and expect you to make them with or without experience. The manner in which the management talk to you is an absolute disgrace; they belittle you and make you feel as if everything you are doing is wrong. The most enjoyable part of the job is the actual bartenders who work there, they love to have a laugh and meet up most weeks to enjoy a night out in which I still do, they make you want to work there because they make it bearable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.G.I Fridays. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K