T.G.I Fridays
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from T.G.I Fridays:

T.G.I Fridays Employee Reviews

Australia27 reviews
Great workplace & staff, most enjoyable part of my job would be the different guests & bouncing off the staff 7 taking FUN seriously. Very enjoyable place to work at.
Pros
Management always pushing never complacent
Cons
low depth in management level
nice place to work with and learn with different individuals.
fast paced restaurant with good shifts.

great recipes to learn and work under pressure.

overall experience is good.
I learned soo many new things at this place.staff members are good with their customers snd staff members.Good delicious food...fast place environment.
That location is from the owner to the management team are very unfair.
They treat employees very bad.

They don't appreciate nothing at all, the owner is created that environment.
learnt alot about people management and dealing with customers, developed people skills. also pick up the trade of bartending. The staff are very helpful
- served customers
- handled food

- prepped food

- dishwashing

- cleaning cutlery

- cleaning tables

- loved working with food and preparing it

- lovely group of people to work with
Pros
free lunches
Cons
work experience was short due to school
working at tgi Fridays was very good. its a restaurant so it tends to get busy at times. overall job was enjoyable and they provide the goods for lunch as it is a restaurant.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours not enough pay
Young vibrant fast paced work environment requires to be on your feet often. Long hours work. Weekends availability important. Company culture high with sense of belonging.
Pros
Free lunch, advancement opportunities.
Cons
Long hours, sometimes no break, labour low
TGIF was a very wonderful experience .It is a International Food chain which helped to enhanced my customer service skills,communication sills and also Leadership skills
I had so much fun working with them. No drama, no stress, they were all happy to worked with and most of all, you can feel the love and respect. The only reason I was out because I need to find better offer but overall TGIF is nonetheless one of the best company I had worked for.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
This is the type of place where they will juice you as they will squeeze a lemon get alll the juice out then get rid of you.
Use to be a good place to work.

Get you to work long hour no time in lieu .no salary increase for extra responsibilities.

Get you to do a training for 400+ pages manual for next position.

When it comes to get you on board they never hav time.

Send every one on break then you work all sections by yourself.

Then manager daring to ask,how long on the meals.

Never working there again and wont advice anyone else to.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Very long hours and many lazy co workers
TGI Fridays (at Westfield Marion) is a vibrant restaurant to work at. As is to be expected in hospitality, the hours can be difficult and working under pressure is frequently expected. The managers were very friendly and supportive.
Pros
Friendly managers
Cons
Sometimes understaffed
Opening & Closing the store
Learned how to improve skills

Management was good and helpful

Co-workers were fun to work with, very helpful and easy going
I would go back to work for them any day.
I loved the environment, all the employees, i worked with were all supportive and bubbly people to get to know and work beside, and the opportunities they offered were amazing.
Pros
Great staff. Great Location. Great Energy.
Cons
Low Wages
a typical day is work as hard as you an for 2 hours send everyone on 4 hr breaks work all day by yourself, then hold of every staff as long as possible, not allowed to leave the facility, my workers were so amazing and that was my favourite part of my 3 years, the people.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours, over worked, no appreciation, some days no breaks, work 7 days, no lieu days
It was a brand new opening site in Australia and it seemed to be taking a bit of time to really come together and flow. Management was trying but staff hours were always getting cut last minute or they were being asked to wait several hours to start after arriving for their shift due to the establishment being quiet. The staff was amazing and fun and it seemed like a great company to work for in the long run, but I ended up leaving the job after finding new employment.
good training awesome skills taught through out the job
would be a very good first time job

hours are long/late/unpredictable often
Pros
friendly employees/great training
Cons
late hours
Working for the company is already an honour, but it's the day to day shifts that work significantly well due to the positive energy of the place. Fellow employees possess personalities that reflect the fun nature of the business and ensure that the job is enjoyable.
The managers are always on top of things, doing what is right for both the guests to the restaurant and which suit the employees. They handle busy nights very well, ensuring everybody does their part and pushes for excellence. They keep employees up to date with new information and changes, daily goals and achievements, and ensure they reward the workers when they have worked hard and strong.
All over it's quite an average job for me. I think I am underpaid there. The effort I have to give there is not worth for that amount of salary.
staff were very friendly and driven to do well in their workplace, they were also social and happy to talk to each other while also completing their work
same as the previous review I wrote. Great company. Great location. Great co workers. extended family. Everything is good