T.G.I Fridays Management reviews

Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 4,856 reviews
Workplace Culture
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Melbourne20 September 2018
I had so much fun working with them. No drama, no stress, they were all happy to worked with and most of all, you can feel the love and respect. The only reason I was out because I need to find better offer but overall TGIF is nonetheless one of the best company I had worked for.
Pros
Supportive Management
Good workplace culture
Waiting tables (Former Employee) –  Marion SA9 July 2018
TGI Fridays (at Westfield Marion) is a vibrant restaurant to work at. As is to be expected in hospitality, the hours can be difficult and working under pressure is frequently expected. The managers were very friendly and supportive.
Pros
Friendly managers
Cons
Sometimes understaffed
Waitress/Host (Former Employee) –  Fountain Gate VIC6 December 2016
Opening & Closing the store
Learned how to improve skills
Management was good and helpful
Co-workers were fun to work with, very helpful and easy going
New in NSW, Australia and still working out how to come together
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSW26 April 2016
It was a brand new opening site in Australia and it seemed to be taking a bit of time to really come together and flow. Management was trying but staff hours were always getting cut last minute or they were being asked to wait several hours to start after arriving for their shift due to the establishment being quiet. The staff was amazing and fun and it seemed like a great company to work for in the long run, but I ended up leaving the job after finding new employment.
fun organisation with full autonomy of running business as ones own business wth good training and support.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Epping, VIC16 February 2015
Run the business as one owns business with full autonomy on business plans and culture. Built a great team with average length of service of 3-5 years with multi-cultural backgrounds and from various age groups of 16 - 62 years old staff. Ran store for 6 years grooming staff to management level and able to run own stores. Marketing guru with insight for future planing and growth of company in mind. Build and plan career path for all staff with checkpoints and feedback along the way. Finds satisfaction and pleasure in seeing my team succeed and grow to new levels and positions. Passion in dealing with guests and building new long term relationships to build on loyal long term customers that help grow with word of mouth.
Pros
given full autonomy to run business, good training and on going courses to improve skills and knowledge, strong culture of belonging and team work, instilled a great knowledge of systems to run a productive and effective organisation
Cons
long hours 50-60 hrs and work life balance
Regular day at work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Adelaide10 January 2015
You'd get into work about half an hour before your roster start time and be able to sit in a staff area right next to the bar away from the guest, we would get asked to not start and wait until it is busier before we get put on because they are wanting to save money, so you would lose hours when coming into work, I have learned that it is not the place to work, the management team is not professional at all, the only good thing about that place is the other staff members, hardest part of the job is trying to get through the night without someone getting angry and frustrated at you.
Pros
Cons
Short shifts, terrible management, not professional at all
Don't take the leap
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD24 November 2014
Friday's may seem like a fun place to go for a drink or for food, but to work there is a completely different story. Being hired on the spot without a trial shift may seem like the perfect start, however once you sign on, you'll soon regret it. They hire people with no experiences whatsoever in bartending and a place like Friday's needs experienced working because of its high demand of service and speed of service. The bar is one of the worst I have ever worked on because of how spread out everything is, all the cocktail ingredients are in one area instead of being within arms reach and they do not train you how to make cocktails and expect you to make them with or without experience. The manner in which the management talk to you is an absolute disgrace; they belittle you and make you feel as if everything you are doing is wrong. The most enjoyable part of the job is the actual bartenders who work there, they love to have a laugh and meet up most weeks to enjoy a night out in which I still do, they make you want to work there because they make it bearable.
Good teamwork and fun atmosphere
Waitress (Current Employee) –  melbourne14 August 2014
Hours are long in hospitality but I am used to it now. The restaurant trained me well and prepared me for the job so I am very comfortable coming into work to do my job. Management is good support. The hardest part of the job would sometimes be multi- tasking when it is extremely busy and trying to solve problems when things go wrong. But it is all part of learning and growing
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my team mates, they are like a second family and we work very well together.
Pros
discounted meals