T2 TEA Employee Reviews

Very Little Hours for an Xmas Casual and Mind-Numbing Work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Town Hall NSW1 January 2019
As a Christmas casual, I only got a couple hours a week for work and even then the manager and assistant manager were constantly cancelling my shifts and reducing my hours more and more each week.

The work I was doing when I had shifts was not very interesting. Store manager said Christmas casuals would get the chance to rotate and be at different stations (i.e. the register, the bar, the floor), but they assigned the Xmas casuals on the floor the whole shift to only one section of the store. There would be very little for me to do when no customers were around aside from cleaning (which would only last 5 minutes tops).

When you were interacting with customers, management insisted on a very aggressive style of customer service. Clearly, the majority of customers who wandered in only came to browse and did not want to be disturbed and you could see the irritation as staff tried to approach them, but anytime management saw you not talking to a customer, they would be on you for it.

Store manager also sent out a mass email after the Christmas period saying they would contact the Xmas casuals individually for feedback but I never heard anything.

All in all, they overhired Xmas casuals, leaving very few hours for each one. This made it harder in itself to try and gain more experience in the store and settle in better to the role, because there was little opportunity to. And unless you’re willing to put on that fake, customer service persona and constantly hound customers who want to be left alone, you will probably not enjoy working this dry role and will not get make
  more... the most out of your time off during the holidays for making good money and gaining good experience.

Unfortunate. 2/10 would not recommend.
Pros
Staff discount (but wasn’t even that good)
Cons
Little variety in work, few hours for Xmas, store management doesn’t seem to care.
Good Vibe
Christmas Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 August 2018
The store I worked at had a really good vibe and supportive environment. Existing staffs were friendly and helped newbies alot. They always ask us to ask for help, don't hesitate. I got plenty of shifts so I was happy about it. And they made sure we do go on a break for what we should have had. It was really good experience working at T2.
Pros
free teas
Cons
short hours for Xmas casuals
Productive and cultured workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW30 June 2018
Passionate and focused morale among team members, all with strong customer service skills and a shared vision for tea and providing great customer service
productive
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 May 2018
its great fun meeting new people and getting along with everyone, its hard getting all the orders done in 8 hours but its worth it i love pick and packing its amazing
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Okay discounts, rude manager, strict environment.
Retails Sales Assistant (Christmas Casual) (Former Employee) –  Werribee VIC31 January 2018
As an employer they're really strict about how you dress, the language you use and on your behaviour. They're also very insistant that you are at least 10minutes early for your shift or else you are marked as late. The uniform is ALL black clothing but you can have colourful accessories. Discount is 20% off teas. When I was working here I made a few very expensive sales ($450+) and was only told after that because I made good sales could I have got rewards from the company (which I think the other more permanent casuals claimed on my behalf). When they let me go they didnt tell me that I was being let go they just cancelled all my shifts and didn't ask me to come back again. I asked the manager if she would be a reference for my resume and she ignored me. This place has left a pretty sour taste in my mouth even though as a whole it wasn't too bad to work for, just wouldn't to it again. Rosters are run through Deputy
Pros
20% discount, easy rosters
Cons
Poor managment, little respect for staff
Christmas Casual Nightmare
Retail Sales Assistant / Brew Master (Current Employee) –  NSW North Coast NSW4 January 2018
I worked for T2 over the last Christmas period and it has been an absolute rollercoaster, there are no benefits from this job other than the fact you can get free tea to drink every shift, but the 20% off for staff is dismal and disappointing, plus the lack of shifts even for a casual is striking. The management of this is okay but lacks understanding and the communication from employees to employers is none.

I would only recommend T2 at a last resort if you are desperate for a job, as the stress and annoyance of this job is not enjoyable whatsoever.
Pros
free tea to drink when working, colleagues are nice and supportive.
Cons
super short shifts, low pay, low discount, no real bonus for extra hours or weekends, Everything else
Supportive and exciting
Retail Assistant (Christmas Casual) (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA29 December 2017
I really enjoyed my time as a Christmas casual. Only downfall was that I was not kept on for further employment however this was expected.

There was always something to do whilst you were at work with great breaks, pay and discounts. Training was very thorough and staff were always happy to help.

The customers were generally a really happy and polite group and the same can be said for the employees and management.

Really good shift hours.
Pros
Great discount and you can drink tea on the job
Great Vibe
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 October 2017
Love working at T2. My store manager is amazing and the new products are always exciting. Not huge pressure to make individual targets but store budgets are sometimes very high.
Amazing people and amazing company (beliefs and people)
Sales Assistant/ key holder/ current (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA6 October 2017
It’s an amazing place to work everyone is so lovely and customers are awesome!

You are constantly encouraged to learn more and build on skills and knowledge
Pros
So many benefits, everyone is friendly and welcoming no matter what beliefs you hold
fun workplace
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC8 June 2017
good to work at T2. You make good friends. easy and interesting work. learn good experience of packing stuff in different ways. you work as team member
Amazing workplace environment
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC14 January 2017
Fun workplace with extraordinary people that made you feel like family. Coming to work was never a chore and was always something I looked forward to. I learned to work efficiently and effectively in an extremely busy time period all whilst trying new teas and getting to sell products I was passionate about
Pros
Free tea
Very rapid change of management, not very forgiving
Tea sommelier and sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 January 2017
T2 is very sales focused and those who are very emotional might not do very well there. The management has changed a lot and with that a lot of policies on employee rights have too.
Cons
bad management
Wonderful products and culture
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD1 January 2017
This company really wants your own personal take on its products and lifestyle.

It's hard not to get caught up in the benefits of the product, whether it be for health or pleasure.

That said, they generally only hire casuals and there is no job security.
Productive Fun environment to work in
Part-time, casual (Former Employee) –  Carindale, QLD29 September 2015
T2 was a fun enjoyable place to work in with energetic staff and a great atmosphere in the shop. I learnt how to engage with customers and handle issues in a sophisticated professional manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact and connect with customers.