TLC Health Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

TLC Health Care Employee Reviews

Australia35 reviews
Appalling
Appalling conditions ,with management only caring about beds to be filled , Best Practice Notices never responded too ,, Nil communication between Management & Staff ,Manager doesn't even attend resident support group meetings .
Staff bullying never dealt with at all , depending on your culture . HR never investigate anything their all about profits .

The hardest part of the job is trying to get other cultures to assist with Residents , they refuse stating they don't like me because of my color and totally refuse to assist that resident .

Certain staff are extremely rough and cause skin tears and refuse to report any issues . Some residents haven't been showered or attended to in days and weeks , only sponging or just dressing them instead of doing their job properly .

Medications aren't handed out according to accreditation standards , medications left in rooms , other residents medications used for other residents when stock isn't available .

Management totally unapproachable and refuses to accept responsibility for neglect in their duty of care .

Wouldn't allow my dog to stay their , the only enjoyable part is of course the resident's .
Pros
The Residents and their families
Cons
Apalling Management
Hated the work load in general.
I was unfairly treated they didn't provide any education or products for me to use in the salon and then blamed me for not doing a good job .. the work load was way too much for one person they didn't often give U a break and U just had to work through to get the clients done with hardly any advice or feedback from management.. the people were left in their rooms all day some without lunch and proper socialisation..
Toxic work environment.
The company is only interested in profit. The Manager at the Frankston North facility treats staff with disrespect. Teamwork is almost none existent. Can never get annual leave when requested.
The staff never replaced when on leave, so often work short-staffed.

The residents were a delight to work for, and I loved that I could make their day a bit brighter.
TLC i think not
Bullying, Toxic work place . Absolutely no encouragement from management or team leaders . Understaffed regularly..
. Care staff are under the pump..
Bad experience
TLC aged had very unqualified staff. A lot of work place bullying was taken place. Residents were treated poorly. As students we were unable to take part in anything that would benefit our learning. The place was managed poorly.
Fun Workplace with elderly people.
Excellent place to learn a lot of things. The staff is very good and supportive. I did placements there and I learned a lot of things. I learned new things.
It all looks good on paper but this company have no idea what’s going on with their clients
This company has become too big, they are only interested in making money, no consideration for the residents or staff.
Back stabbing . All about money, I wouldn’t give them my dogs to look after.
Pros
Cons
No respect for long term employees
No tlc at tlc!
Bullying, toxic work environment. Lack of support, orientation or training with existing staff showing open resentment towards working with new staff, regardless of their experience, training or competence. Blatant exclusion & isolation based on ethnic groups & identities. Disturbing lack of empathy towards residents who were often belittled & dehumanized when asking for help with everyday needs. Haphazard & unsafe manual handling practices together with a cut & paste manner of completing progress notes to make it appear care plans were being followed. The facility was consistently understaffed with care staff complaing they were "too busy" to take residents to the toilet or residents being left in wet beds until staff change over, and if complaints were made it was dismissed as being just their "behaviour". Many of the staff were just going through the motions & showed very little care or concern for residents.
Pros
Free parking & some very competant caring staff but those would number less than 40%
Cons
Not a good place to work
High and unrealistic expectations from management!
Clifton hill: 10 stories nursing home with new model of care. Environment is nice. Modern technology. However, the workload is toooo heavy for nurses. PCAs administer medications. Medications are in resident’s own room. Nurses are still required to manage all floors’ non packed medications as PCAs are not trained to give loose pack meds. Low nursing staff ratio. You just work like a dog with no appreciation from management. They pick on your little mistakes and make big dramas. They will sack you at anytime. STAY AWAY FROM CLIFTON VIEWS!
Pros
Technology savvy
Cons
Heavy workload
Difficult Management
Management from CEO down have no respect for Care Staff, Nurses or Clients.
Too many restructures and cost saving at the expense of Staff.

No concern for staff wellbeing.
Pros
Care for some wonderful clients and families
Poor would not recommend
Toxic bullying behavior and very sad making carers question why their in Aged Care. Management only care about the bottom dollar not a care in the world for their residents or staff. Cut backs leaving no linen for beds no towels for showers .don't get me started about incontinent aids or lack of. Intimidated by the management regarding calling in sick.
Lack of team work from alot of the workers unless you like to conform no use on reporting to the manager she's #1 bully
Pros
Beautiful residents who love to have a good chit chat
Cons
Picking up the mess that the last shift left behind. No support from the top
No response from management re bullying.culture matters there.
If u are of the minority culture .do not apply.there is a clique on each shift and when u voice yr concerns u are sacked.new nurses are hired and kept for their subservience.
Shocking place to work.filthy rooms and rn's not involved.

Hygiene of residents overlooked due to budget.

Stay away from this facility.
POOR POOR aged care home. Residents treated like cattle. WARNING!!!
In all honesty I CANNOT recommend this group as fair and decent employers.

The preferred style of management is autocratic and staff are not included in any decision making processes. Staff are treated as objects, or tools to be used to maximize profits for the company.

Positive feedback and praise is NON - EXISTENT and one is left feeling unappreciated and undervalued yet their expectations are high.

Staff cutbacks have increased the workload for those on the floor, thus it may be reasonable to assume residents may not receive the timely care they request or require. Due to the OPPRESSIVE nature of the environment and POOR MORALE, staff turnover is high with many terrific carers and nurses resigning. Numerous individuals have been sacked and given very feeble reasons for the termination of their services. It could be deduced that the practice of challenging those in positions of authority is viewed in a very dim light, even if the aim is to promote healthy change and ensure best practice. Staff opinion is not a consideration and people may be subjected to suspensions or dismissal should they voice discontent or concerns associated with their roles. Various former staff members have alleged VICTIMIZATION / HARASSMENT.

Whilst the company openly admits to being "a business" with the aim being to generate profit for stakeholders, the general public is unaware that in order to do this satisfactorily, care delivery by definition, may be compromised. Many of the managers are Enrolled nurses rather than Registered Nurses and this creates problems in terms of RNs asserting
 - more...
Learning and cooperative environment for freshers.
I learned new skills having a placements here. Staff is very cooperative and help me in learning and performing my duties by self demonstrating. I must say the workplace was cultural loving as I leaned to deal with people from different cultures and countries.
As a student I enjoyed my placement and good communication skills and acquired new knowledge about my profession.
Pros
Appreciation for good and timely work .
Great support for staff
Always welcoming when you arrive to start your shift

Colleagues were mostly lovely with the residents

Great management and communication with employees
Pros
Happy work environment
Cons
Short staffed a lot of the time
Nurse
Often over worked there is no 24 hour facility attitude. Paper work comes before care.

Staff complain constantly about work load but new staff are treated differently alienated and isolated.
productive and friendly
In the years i have spent working at Royal Freemasons i have learnt to appreciate the staff and residents and offer a better quality of life to not only all in the work place but also in life outside the work place i have enjoyed working with the elderly in their everyday needs and learnt to appreciate life alot more,the staff and manager was great to work with and very understanding with each individual needs of staff and residents,the hardest part of my job was when you dont realise the impact that someone you have cared for so long suddenly passes away,the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to spend quality time with each resident listening to them talk about their family,and grand children the expression on their faces and the memories they share with you is breath taking.
Pros
team work
Cons
long hours staffing issues
A great place to work. Great ethics.
Great leadership under previous CEO and her leadership team. My manager is still a great woman and leader. I had the best years at work at Villa Maria. Great team and everlasting friendships formed.
Pros
Great onboarding and off boarding processes.
Cons
Wish I'd grown my career in the organisation but there was not enough room for all of us in HR then.
My work placement In TLC
It was exciting to work at residential Age Care. I was with my mentor, showed me around the facility for orientation at the first day. The next we started participate in assisting the residents with staff, they were experience, friendly and welling to teach everything I want to learn. I learned showering, assisting morning tea and making bed. And then I assisted residents, who need to assist meal and transferring. More over, I assisted toileting, dressing and encouraging their happiness. I also helped placing the personal clothing and used bed sheets to the washing room. I remember the location of places such as,rooms where put incontinence pats, linen rooms, resident rooms, sinks location, where I washed my hands and also remember lock pad numbers. I was happy the moment of work placement in TLC, assisting the aged people.
You will be expected to achieve excellence across the board
The acquired skills and experience were a positive. Expect to work extremely hard- almost a 24/7 role. The organisation expects high levels of achievement and outcomes.
Excellent Company & lovely Staff
I was always greeted warmly by the Staff at TLC - The Homestead & Lakes. All Staff members where willing to teach/guide me in all tasks.
The residents were extremely kind & welcoming helping to guide me also. The Management are a wonderful group of ladies who are willing to help further my education & career path in Aged Care.

TLC - The Homestead & Lakes have created an excellent Facility which is warm and homely while still maintaining a level of sophistication. I really enjoyed getting to know the residents the most.
Pros
Meeting new people, gathering experience
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TLC Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6