TLC Health Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

TLC Health Care Employee Reviews

Appalling conditions ,with management only caring about beds to be filled , Best Practice Notices never responded too ,, Nil communication between Management & Staff ,Manager doesn't even attend resident support group meetings .Staff bullying never dealt with at all , depending on your culture . HR never investigate anything their all about profits .The hardest part of the job is trying to get other cultures to assist with Residents , they refuse stating they don't like me because of my color and totally refuse to assist that resident .Certain staff are extremely rough and cause skin tears and refuse to report any issues . Some residents haven't been showered or attended to in days and weeks , only sponging or just dressing them instead of doing their job properly .Medications aren't handed out according to accreditation standards , medications left in rooms , other residents medications used for other residents when stock isn't available .Management totally unapproachable and refuses to accept responsibility for neglect in their duty of care .Wouldn't allow my dog to stay their , the only enjoyable part is of course the resident's .
Pros
The Residents and their families
Cons
Apalling Management
I have worked for this company for 15 years in several different positions. Great company to work with and if you are interested in developing yourself, they will support you all the way. Staff are looked after and respected by management making it a great team environment to work in.
Pros
staff appreciation and opportunities
I enjoy coming to work and my work colleges are very friendly. I feel I can approach our GM on any subject. It is a very clean facility. Having a Doctors surgery is a plus. and also having a gym which is accessible to all staff to use is amazing
I really enjoy working at TLC. The workplace culture is friendly and supportive. Flexible hours with a range of shifts. Staff and residents are treated very well. I enjoy being part of a great team including good managers who are always helpful and willing to support staff.
lovely carers and colleagues to work with - genuine and caring. approachable executives and managers, feel comfortable voicing my opinion and concerns. innovative - proud to be a part of the family. lots of changes, but was responsive / proactive to the changing quality standards & situation in this innovative world.
Pros
100 days of health; annual christmas party; staff appreciation day
Cons
constant changes
Whilst it is a very fast paced environment, the collaboration and support from the team has been fantastic! i never feel like i cant approach my boss, they are always happy to guide and assist me where they can and provide plenty of opportunities for me to learn and grow. Culture is also amazing, everyone is passionate about wanting to make a positive difference and the care for residents is really priority, staff are also super well looked after with plenty of initiatives and rewards.
Pros
great culture and team support
Cons
high workload, but manageable with a great team!
The management is awful. They don't like you, they will sack you on the spot. Management is all about money. There is no care for staff on the floor. Management are so rude. Liars. Only care about themselves, And their bonus'. Don't complain they will sack you.
Pros
Not a of a lot. But nice staff on the floor and oldies are super awesome.
Cons
Work like a dog
I was unfairly treated they didn't provide any education or products for me to use in the salon and then blamed me for not doing a good job .. the work load was way too much for one person they didn't often give U a break and U just had to work through to get the clients done with hardly any advice or feedback from management.. the people were left in their rooms all day some without lunch and proper socialisation..
The company is only interested in profit. The Manager at the Frankston North facility treats staff with disrespect. Teamwork is almost none existent. Can never get annual leave when requested. The staff never replaced when on leave, so often work short-staffed. The residents were a delight to work for, and I loved that I could make their day a bit brighter.
Bullying, Toxic work place . Absolutely no encouragement from management or team leaders . Understaffed regularly.. . Care staff are under the pump..
TLC aged had very unqualified staff. A lot of work place bullying was taken place. Residents were treated poorly. As students we were unable to take part in anything that would benefit our learning. The place was managed poorly.
Excellent place to learn a lot of things. The staff is very good and supportive. I did placements there and I learned a lot of things. I learned new things.
This company has become too big, they are only interested in making money, no consideration for the residents or staff. Back stabbing . All about money, I wouldn’t give them my dogs to look after.
Pros
Cons
No respect for long term employees
Bullying, toxic work environment. Lack of support, orientation or training with existing staff showing open resentment towards working with new staff, regardless of their experience, training or competence. Blatant exclusion & isolation based on ethnic groups & identities. Disturbing lack of empathy towards residents who were often belittled & dehumanized when asking for help with everyday needs. Haphazard & unsafe manual handling practices together with a cut & paste manner of completing progress notes to make it appear care plans were being followed. The facility was consistently understaffed with care staff complaing they were "too busy" to take residents to the toilet or residents being left in wet beds until staff change over, and if complaints were made it was dismissed as being just their "behaviour". Many of the staff were just going through the motions & showed very little care or concern for residents.
Pros
Free parking & some very competant caring staff but those would number less than 40%
Cons
Not a good place to work
Clifton hill: 10 stories nursing home with new model of care. Environment is nice. Modern technology. However, the workload is toooo heavy for nurses. PCAs administer medications. Medications are in resident’s own room. Nurses are still required to manage all floors’ non packed medications as PCAs are not trained to give loose pack meds. Low nursing staff ratio. You just work like a dog with no appreciation from management. They pick on your little mistakes and make big dramas. They will sack you at anytime. STAY AWAY FROM CLIFTON VIEWS!
Pros
Technology savvy
Cons
Heavy workload
Management from CEO down have no respect for Care Staff, Nurses or Clients. Too many restructures and cost saving at the expense of Staff. No concern for staff wellbeing.
Pros
Care for some wonderful clients and families
Toxic bullying behavior and very sad making carers question why their in Aged Care. Management only care about the bottom dollar not a care in the world for their residents or staff. Cut backs leaving no linen for beds no towels for showers .don't get me started about incontinent aids or lack of. Intimidated by the management regarding calling in sick. Lack of team work from alot of the workers unless you like to conform no use on reporting to the manager she's #1 bully
Pros
Beautiful residents who love to have a good chit chat
Cons
Picking up the mess that the last shift left behind. No support from the top
If u are of the minority culture .do not apply.there is a clique on each shift and when u voice yr concerns u are sacked.new nurses are hired and kept for their subservience. Shocking place to work.filthy rooms and rn's not involved. Hygiene of residents overlooked due to budget. Stay away from this facility.
In all honesty I CANNOT recommend this group as fair and decent employers. The preferred style of management is autocratic and staff are not included in any decision making processes. Staff are treated as objects, or tools to be used to maximize profits for the company. Positive feedback and praise is NON - EXISTENT and one is left feeling unappreciated and undervalued yet their expectations are high. Staff cutbacks have increased the workload for those on the floor, thus it may be reasonable to assume residents may not receive the timely care they request or require. Due to the OPPRESSIVE nature of the environment and POOR MORALE, staff turnover is high with many terrific carers and nurses resigning. Numerous individuals have been sacked and given very feeble reasons for the termination of their services. It could be deduced that the practice of challenging those in positions of authority is viewed in a very dim light, even if the aim is to promote healthy change and ensure best practice. Staff opinion is not a consideration and people may be subjected to suspensions or dismissal should they voice discontent or concerns associated with their roles. Various former staff members have alleged VICTIMIZATION / HARASSMENT. Whilst the company openly admits to being "a business" with the aim being to generate profit for stakeholders, the general public is unaware that in order to do this satisfactorily, care delivery by definition, may be compromised. Many of the managers are Enrolled nurses rather than Registered Nurses and this creates problems in terms of RNs asserting - more...
I learned new skills having a placements here. Staff is very cooperative and help me in learning and performing my duties by self demonstrating. I must say the workplace was cultural loving as I leaned to deal with people from different cultures and countries. As a student I enjoyed my placement and good communication skills and acquired new knowledge about my profession.
Pros
Appreciation for good and timely work .
Always welcoming when you arrive to start your shift Colleagues were mostly lovely with the residents Great management and communication with employees
Pros
Happy work environment
Cons
Short staffed a lot of the time