TLC Health Care

48: TLC Health Care Employee Reviews

Australia48 reviews

2.7Work–Life Balance

No idea

Not enough staff in dementia unit. 16 client fully dementia and physiological.only 2 PCA staff and 1 EN plus server dinner, super, collecting plate everything. They are very agitated and aggressive. I wish to get 10 years, then I will run away.

Do not work in this company!!! The worst aged care provider in the world!!!

The company only focus on profit. They didn‘t care of residents!Of course,they never ever take care emlpoyees!The company only think employees should be a robot never stop working! So many employees quit the company in short term!Do not believe their job advertise said ‘ great employee benefits and a supportive team environment‘.

Apply if you don’t know any better

- staff are over worked and underpaid- Resident and staff ratio is a joke- Residents don’t get respectful care as they deserve- Everything is bare minimum- HR is the direct representative of one and only TLC company, they won’t even pay respect while listening to you, forget about understanding your concerns- during this pandemic where every other aged care is so cautious doing their best to prevent and control the situation, here at TlC They make you hand wash the spoon (they won’t even provide one time spoon) you administer medication with at the end of the shift- in order to save some petty money- don’t care about the people they “care for” at all — absolutely unhygienic

Pros

Big lunch room thats about it

Cons

Staffing issue, stressful, little to no support from upper management or even not enough supports from RNs

Cash before Care

Toxic work environment, constant bullying that is rampant everywhere, no help from other care staff and usually the Team leaders would ignore issues you raised with them.. Some PCAs think they are better than everyone else and they let everyone know it...😐😐 Workload, pressure and stress put on staff is horrendous😐😐 This company is all about Cash before Care, Profits first and People last which is typical of a company run with poor management and no care for their staff.. If you don't fit in with the staff then staff will make it miserable for you to work there as the same goes for if you spoke up about an issue the Team leaders would ignore you and then find any excuse to get rid of you ultimately firing you without any proof...😐😐😑 I wouldn't leave my dog to be cared for with this company let alone a human being.. Please avoid working for this company like the plague..Run far far away..😐😐👍

Pros

Good residents

Cons

Care staff, management, toxic environment, constant bullying and poor handling of complaints just to name a few issues...

Collaborative

I did work here, Im applying to become part of the team us personal care assistant. My friend work here and recommend your good facility. I hope I could work here.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

They do not care about staff

They expect you to not to speak if something is wrong. They will be ready to point fingers on staff than actually look into the problem. The management is the worse thing ever. They put so much pressure on the staff and it is too involved in unnecessary matters.

Good organization to work for

One of the few aged care facilities in Victoria that is well staffed. Most residents are happy. Most staff are caring and compassionate. Good role model RNs are needed for this facility.

Pros

Supportive Facility Manager

Cons

Lack of dedicated RNs

Great promotional opportunities

I have worked for this company for 15 years in several different positions. Great company to work with and if you are interested in developing yourself, they will support you all the way. Staff are looked after and respected by management making it a great team environment to work in.

Pros

staff appreciation and opportunities

I enjoy going to work

I enjoy coming to work and my work colleges are very friendly. I feel I can approach our GM on any subject. It is a very clean facility. Having a Doctors surgery is a plus. and also having a gym which is accessible to all staff to use is amazing

Great place to work, good staff and support from management

I really enjoy working at TLC. The workplace culture is friendly and supportive. Flexible hours with a range of shifts. Staff and residents are treated very well. I enjoy being part of a great team including good managers who are always helpful and willing to support staff.

a fast changing, adaptive and responsive team

lovely carers and colleagues to work with - genuine and caring. approachable executives and managers, feel comfortable voicing my opinion and concerns. innovative - proud to be a part of the family. lots of changes, but was responsive / proactive to the changing quality standards & situation in this innovative world.

Pros

100 days of health; annual christmas party; staff appreciation day

Cons

constant changes

Wonderful culture and team

Whilst it is a very fast paced environment, the collaboration and support from the team has been fantastic! i never feel like i cant approach my boss, they are always happy to guide and assist me where they can and provide plenty of opportunities for me to learn and grow. Culture is also amazing, everyone is passionate about wanting to make a positive difference and the care for residents is really priority, staff are also super well looked after with plenty of initiatives and rewards.

Pros

great culture and team support

Cons

high workload, but manageable with a great team!

Will sack you anytime for anything

The management is awful. They don't like you, they will sack you on the spot. Management is all about money. There is no care for staff on the floor. Management are so rude. Liars. Only care about themselves, And their bonus'. Don't complain they will sack you.

Pros

Not a of a lot. But nice staff on the floor and oldies are super awesome.

Cons

Work like a dog

Hated the work load in general.

I was unfairly treated they didn't provide any education or products for me to use in the salon and then blamed me for not doing a good job .. the work load was way too much for one person they didn't often give U a break and U just had to work through to get the clients done with hardly any advice or feedback from management.. the people were left in their rooms all day some without lunch and proper socialisation..

Toxic work environment.

The company is only interested in profit. The Manager at the Frankston North facility treats staff with disrespect. Teamwork is almost none existent. Can never get annual leave when requested. The staff never replaced when on leave, so often work short-staffed. The residents were a delight to work for, and I loved that I could make their day a bit brighter.

TLC i think not

Bullying, Toxic work place . Absolutely no encouragement from management or team leaders . Understaffed regularly.. . Care staff are under the pump..

Bad experience

TLC aged had very unqualified staff. A lot of work place bullying was taken place. Residents were treated poorly. As students we were unable to take part in anything that would benefit our learning. The place was managed poorly.

Fun Workplace with elderly people.

Excellent place to learn a lot of things. The staff is very good and supportive. I did placements there and I learned a lot of things. I learned new things.

It all looks good on paper but this company have no idea what’s going on with their clients

This company has become too big, they are only interested in making money, no consideration for the residents or staff. Back stabbing . All about money, I wouldn’t give them my dogs to look after.

Pros

Cons

No respect for long term employees

No tlc at tlc!

Bullying, toxic work environment. Lack of support, orientation or training with existing staff showing open resentment towards working with new staff, regardless of their experience, training or competence. Blatant exclusion & isolation based on ethnic groups & identities. Disturbing lack of empathy towards residents who were often belittled & dehumanized when asking for help with everyday needs. Haphazard & unsafe manual handling practices together with a cut & paste manner of completing progress notes to make it appear care plans were being followed. The facility was consistently understaffed with care staff complaing they were "too busy" to take residents to the toilet or residents being left in wet beds until staff change over, and if complaints were made it was dismissed as being just their "behaviour". Many of the staff were just going through the motions & showed very little care or concern for residents.

Pros

Free parking & some very competant caring staff but those would number less than 40%

Cons

Not a good place to work

High and unrealistic expectations from management!

Clifton hill: 10 stories nursing home with new model of care. Environment is nice. Modern technology. However, the workload is toooo heavy for nurses. PCAs administer medications. Medications are in resident’s own room. Nurses are still required to manage all floors’ non packed medications as PCAs are not trained to give loose pack meds. Low nursing staff ratio. You just work like a dog with no appreciation from management. They pick on your little mistakes and make big dramas. They will sack you at anytime. STAY AWAY FROM CLIFTON VIEWS!

Pros

Technology savvy

Cons

Heavy workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TLC Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare TLC Health Care with

• TLC Health Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?