TLC Health Care Employee Reviews for Personal Care Assistant

Great Facility With mostly caring staff
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Donvale VIC21 November 2016
a typical day at work in this facility is not a thing, no 2 days are the same which in a way is good keeps everyone on there toes.
Coworkers are respectful and have great attentiveness with residents.
Pros
Great stories and memories made with some lovely people
Cons
its a sad job
Casual staff member pca
PCA (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 September 2016
High staff turn over .
Poor culture
Bullying across atleast 3 facilities
I always felt like an outdider floor staff would just "tell" me to move units when they wanted to work with s staff member.
No praise or enocuragemebt for any staff
Every morning i woke up to go to work I did not want to go .
managment spend so much time in offices they dont see what is really going on.
Toxic and bullying culture
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altona North VIC5 August 2016
I worked here for a short amount of time and left because it was not what I signed up for when I wanted a career in aged care. This place nearly made me walk away from the whole industry. It is old style institutionalised care, that is run under pressure of having residents toileted, showered and dressed by 10am. If you do not complete these tasks by the set time, you are called into meetings to explain your time management skills. Residents are being forced out of bed in the mornings still asleep. You will not have the tools to complete your job and the basic rights of pads are under lock and key. The place is constantly under staffed because they refuse to pay extra money to have agency staff cover the short fall. If you are sick, you will be called into the general managers office to explain yourself, even if you have a medical certificate. There is a bullying culture which starts from the general manager and works its way down to the staff that have worked there for 10+ years. Head office is aware of this, but they do nothing to fix the problem and turn a blind eye. It is all about profits and nothing about resident care. If you ask any of the staff if they would put their parents in this facility, the majority will all answer no. You will always see TLC advertising for Personal Care Workers. This is because staff turnover is very high.
Pros
The staff that do care and that work for the right reasons, not just for a pay cheque
Cons
Bullying Culture, toxic culture