TNT Employee Reviews

Found 86 reviews matching the search See all 2,269 reviews
My awful 3 years at TNT
PUD Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver NT22 January 2019
After working for TNT for 3 years i would highly recommend anyone not entering the Redbank depots culture.
It is a toxic, anxiety riddled workplace. Middle management have no qualification other than time spent there as the reason for being in charge.
Bullying is rife, workload is excessive.
I stayed afloat as of my very hard working attitude and the PIE system helped which was a bonus scheme.
This enabled me to take home 96,000 last financial year.
Very unprofessional workplace ran by workplace union bullying
Pros
Cons
Bullying harassing workplace
Good money good people fast and clean work place
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Botany NSW7 January 2019
I loved working at tnt and miss it if I got the chance I would work there again the high pay with non stressful work place with set jobs always leaves you with stuff to do so you never get bored and the team members treat you like family
Pros
Good people good money
Cons
Short hours
Dockhand / Freight Sorter (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC29 October 2018
This was a fast pace environment, although sometimes working within trucks had proven to be dangerous.. Overcoming broken pallets, lifting heavy objects, conveyor belt malfunctions.. Working in a team environment we had always been able to overcome technical problems that had presented itself..
We had always looked out for one anothers safety and well being.
During my time their I had made many friends who I had memorable moments with and it just really added to the fun we had there.
Pros
Free lunches, Friendly team environment, Keeps you fit
Cons
Long hours, work pressure, sometimes can be rushed
Bunch of prickd
Forklift Operator/Storeman (Former Employee) –  Enfield NSW and perth16 October 2018
After 15yrs of loyal service was kicked out of the door ,accused of drug taking when returned negative test was told that I must of tampered with result ,just want to cover there own arsenal ,a bunch of criminals from top to bottom
work is very busy leading to christmas period
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 September 2018
VERY BUSY during christmas period
you are EXPECTED to take ALL STOCK on dock for that day even if it fills your truck and you knowingly know you wont have time to deliver that stock that same day.
meeting and catering to our customers is my favourite part.
Pros
uniform provided
Cons
Long Hours which includes travel to and from delivery location. "Too many CHIEFS not enough INDIANS"
awful place to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eagle Farm QLD18 September 2018
Mangement is a joke. They don't care for the employees just themselves. If you were doing your job correctly, they would give you a written warning. They never care about staffs mental health and would even make snide comments about needing to go home if you're unwell. I say if you are looking to work here ,AVOID AT ALL COSTS unless you like being micromanaged, feeling worthless and having management boot you out the door for petty things.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management. environment, school like gossip
Good company, good management
Hr Driver (Former Employee) –  Redbank QLD13 September 2018
Worked there for end of year season. Actually not as busy as you could think in that period of time. Equipment is obsolete but safety procedures are followed
Pros
well known company.
Cons
Long hours, plenty of extra time
In issue with medical assessments as a PUD Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 August 2018
A very heads up to all who will go for medical assessments, Make sure you do lots of physical exercise, loose your tight muscles, have a good full body massage, it will really count your assessment. Had bad experience ,have not worked for past 6 months and was not aware that TNT management make their decision on that report supplied by their medical provider in that very time you doing your assessment with them. They let you pick 40kg three times continuously and straight away to less weight up to 15kg three times. Some people they train while working,,Most Freight company advertise get into fitness while working. Well that Medical provider had to make income too.
I would say let people give chance to fit into working environment.
Never have i ever Left a job geeling so Great!!!
Ops support (Former Employee) –  Victoria19 July 2018
Insulted by Management, Disrespected repeatedly, Barely trained by any one and expected to be at an unrealistic competency level after 5 days. Constantly having to watch your back so that you wouldn't be blamed for something.
Getting blamed for something because the TL wanted to save them selves.
Pros
Going home, Getting to quit.
Cons
Long hours, no lunch, two faced liars.
Robotical Work Place
Subcontractor/Owner (Former Employee) –  melbourne VIC2 June 2018
50+hours per week mon-fri,pushing above and beyond the limit..Managerial team is waiting for You(like a German Sheppard)to make a MINOR mistake,so they can jump on you with written warnings and Threats to Sec You or Terminate your Contract..
Pros
Wide list of loyal customers, friends
Cons
short breaks, stressing
Extremely busy workplace
Operations and Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yandina QLD19 May 2018
My day starts at 7 am where I complete book work before opening the door at 8 am. I cover all administration areas, serve 50 customers a day and answer an average of 100 customer service enquiries per day. I have learned how the logistics industry works and enjoy working with management to solve any issues on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is juggling the huge amounts of tasks required to complete on a daily basis, and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the wonderful team and being able to support the drivers when required.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
No where to eat lunch away from my desk
TNT was a fun place to work at
Inbound Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW9 May 2018
My time at TNT was great I loved the laughter the endless calls from customers chasing their packages was full on. TNT had a call monitor and the calls just backed up but we took every call, I remember taking 230 calls in one day the Manager printed out a report and showed us all what we had achieved.
Pros
Fairness TNT showed the staff
Cons
No Cons
fun work place to be at
Dock Hand (Current Employee) –  Botany NSW9 May 2018
Put parcels onto belt from pallets or van's sometimes work in different locations like: satchels where you sort out different air bags. Different chutes where you take the parcels of the belt and place them in either a cage or pallet. When working on the van's section you have to look out for really heavy parcels and DG's = Dangerous goods they have to go to a specific place.
Pros
free BBQ and Pizza every so often
Great
courier booking over phone (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW8 April 2018
Great Place to Work
Earned Awards
Friendly environment
Advanced work place
Food had to be bought which put a dent in the pocket but still everyone was nice
Access cards provided which provided the feeling of living in a advance country
Money given as award when being referred by a customer or colleague for doing good job
Pros
Office Environment
Cons
Unable to Work from Home, Unable to solve some customer question, Angry Customers sometimes regurdless the outcome
Great people to work with
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mascot NSW8 April 2018
Time Critical is a small close nit team, with great team members,
We work as our own department within TNT moving time sensitive freight all over the country, It is a fast paced sometimes stressful job but interesting and ever changing.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Often stressful
Great working environment
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW19 March 2018
I worked in a very supportive team, great working environment. Communication & interactive with other department is easy. The company invest with advance system tools which make our day to day job east & productive.
Building career by learning new things
Dock Hand (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 March 2018
As i worked at three places and each place has different kind of environment as all of them are of different sectors not linked with each other. All of the jobs learnt me alot of new things which helped me to change my habits, communication skills , way of approaching, working hard. The workplace culture is good with friendly moving people around. The hardest part of the job is lifting heavy boxes. The enjoyable part of the job is knowing new things and talking with people from different nationalities and habits.
Pros
weekend staff parties
Cons
lifting
Going backwards.
Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC21 February 2018
Prehistoric methods of doing business. Management are out of touch. They still think most drivers have a 2-3 hour lunch break every day and the traffic and other conditions are the same as 30 years ago. Playing favorites is one of their main hobbies along with feeding their out of control EGO'S. I hope Fed Ex cleans out the place with a big broom.
Pros
Friendships with fellow workers and customers.
Cons
Too many
The best Company to work for, the people are lovely and friendly
Account Receivable / Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 February 2018
TNT Express Company was my family, I love to get up early in the morning and go to work because I love my work and the people I worked with, but not my manager. A typical day at work is when you walked in the office and you get called in the manager's office for nothing. I learned a lot about the transport industry, workplace culture was awesome, everybody work as a team, The hardest part of the job when the customers do not pay the invoices as per their trading terms, the most enjoyable part of the job, when customers pay the invoices on time and talk to customers and resolve any queries they have.
Pros
bonus
Cons
normal hours
Relatively friendly place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Welshpool WA7 February 2018
In a typical day, I would receive approximately 15-20 new enquiries lodged with the Call Centre by customers missing freight.
I learned to not get upset when customers get angry and to respond in such a way as to reassure the customer that I would do everything I could to get the result they required.
Management was good at the start, but after the Customer Service Manager resigned, the position was not filled and was handled by Head Office in Sydney.
The work place cultured was ok if you fit in with the Team Leader.
The most difficult part of the job was explaining to a customer the their freight had been lost or damaged in transit.
The most enjoyable was call a customer to advise you had found their freight and that you were organising delivery for them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TNT. Our community is ready to answer.