TNT Employee Reviews

awful place to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eagle Farm QLD18 September 2018
Mangement is a joke. They don't care for the employees just themselves. If you were doing your job correctly, they would give you a written warning. They never care about staffs mental health and would even make snide comments about needing to go home if you're unwell. I say if you are looking to work here ,AVOID AT ALL COSTS unless you like being micromanaged, feeling worthless and having management boot you out the door for petty things.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management. environment, school like gossip
Good company, good management
Hr Driver (Former Employee) –  Redbank QLD13 September 2018
Worked there for end of year season. Actually not as busy as you could think in that period of time. Equipment is obsolete but safety procedures are followed
Pros
well known company.
Cons
Long hours, plenty of extra time
In issue with medical assessments as a PUD Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 August 2018
A very heads up to all who will go for medical assessments, Make sure you do lots of physical exercise, loose your tight muscles, have a good full body massage, it will really count your assessment. Had bad experience ,have not worked for past 6 months and was not aware that TNT management make their decision on that report supplied by their medical provider in that very time you doing your assessment with them. They let you pick 40kg three times continuously and straight away to less weight up to 15kg three times. Some people they train while working,,Most Freight company advertise get into fitness while working. Well that Medical provider had to make income too.
I would say let people give chance to fit into working environment.
Never have i ever Left a job geeling so Great!!!
Ops support (Former Employee) –  Victoria19 July 2018
Insulted by Management, Disrespected repeatedly, Barely trained by any one and expected to be at an unrealistic competency level after 5 days. Constantly having to watch your back so that you wouldn't be blamed for something.
Getting blamed for something because the TL wanted to save them selves.
Pros
Going home, Getting to quit.
Cons
Long hours, no lunch, two faced liars.
Robotical Work Place
Subcontractor/Owner (Former Employee) –  melbourne VIC2 June 2018
50+hours per week mon-fri,pushing above and beyond the limit..Managerial team is waiting for You(like a German Sheppard)to make a MINOR mistake,so they can jump on you with written warnings and Threats to Sec You or Terminate your Contract..
Pros
Wide list of loyal customers, friends
Cons
short breaks, stressing
Extremely busy workplace
Operations and Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yandina QLD19 May 2018
My day starts at 7 am where I complete book work before opening the door at 8 am. I cover all administration areas, serve 50 customers a day and answer an average of 100 customer service enquiries per day. I have learned how the logistics industry works and enjoy working with management to solve any issues on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is juggling the huge amounts of tasks required to complete on a daily basis, and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the wonderful team and being able to support the drivers when required.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
No where to eat lunch away from my desk
TNT was a fun place to work at
Inbound Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW9 May 2018
My time at TNT was great I loved the laughter the endless calls from customers chasing their packages was full on. TNT had a call monitor and the calls just backed up but we took every call, I remember taking 230 calls in one day the Manager printed out a report and showed us all what we had achieved.
Pros
Fairness TNT showed the staff
Cons
No Cons
fun work place to be at
Dock Hand (Current Employee) –  Botany NSW9 May 2018
Put parcels onto belt from pallets or van's sometimes work in different locations like: satchels where you sort out different air bags. Different chutes where you take the parcels of the belt and place them in either a cage or pallet. When working on the van's section you have to look out for really heavy parcels and DG's = Dangerous goods they have to go to a specific place.
Pros
free BBQ and Pizza every so often
Great
courier booking over phone (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW8 April 2018
Great Place to Work
Earned Awards
Friendly environment
Advanced work place
Food had to be bought which put a dent in the pocket but still everyone was nice
Access cards provided which provided the feeling of living in a advance country
Money given as award when being referred by a customer or colleague for doing good job
Pros
Office Environment
Cons
Unable to Work from Home, Unable to solve some customer question, Angry Customers sometimes regurdless the outcome
Great people to work with
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mascot NSW8 April 2018
Time Critical is a small close nit team, with great team members,
We work as our own department within TNT moving time sensitive freight all over the country, It is a fast paced sometimes stressful job but interesting and ever changing.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Often stressful
Great working environment
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW19 March 2018
I worked in a very supportive team, great working environment. Communication & interactive with other department is easy. The company invest with advance system tools which make our day to day job east & productive.
Building career by learning new things
Dock Hand (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 March 2018
As i worked at three places and each place has different kind of environment as all of them are of different sectors not linked with each other. All of the jobs learnt me alot of new things which helped me to change my habits, communication skills , way of approaching, working hard. The workplace culture is good with friendly moving people around. The hardest part of the job is lifting heavy boxes. The enjoyable part of the job is knowing new things and talking with people from different nationalities and habits.
Pros
weekend staff parties
Cons
lifting
Going backwards.
Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC21 February 2018
Prehistoric methods of doing business. Management are out of touch. They still think most drivers have a 2-3 hour lunch break every day and the traffic and other conditions are the same as 30 years ago. Playing favorites is one of their main hobbies along with feeding their out of control EGO'S. I hope Fed Ex cleans out the place with a big broom.
Pros
Friendships with fellow workers and customers.
Cons
Too many
The best Company to work for, the people are lovely and friendly
Account Receivable / Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 February 2018
TNT Express Company was my family, I love to get up early in the morning and go to work because I love my work and the people I worked with, but not my manager. A typical day at work is when you walked in the office and you get called in the manager's office for nothing. I learned a lot about the transport industry, workplace culture was awesome, everybody work as a team, The hardest part of the job when the customers do not pay the invoices as per their trading terms, the most enjoyable part of the job, when customers pay the invoices on time and talk to customers and resolve any queries they have.
Pros
bonus
Cons
normal hours
Relatively friendly place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Welshpool WA7 February 2018
In a typical day, I would receive approximately 15-20 new enquiries lodged with the Call Centre by customers missing freight.
I learned to not get upset when customers get angry and to respond in such a way as to reassure the customer that I would do everything I could to get the result they required.
Management was good at the start, but after the Customer Service Manager resigned, the position was not filled and was handled by Head Office in Sydney.
The work place cultured was ok if you fit in with the Team Leader.
The most difficult part of the job was explaining to a customer the their freight had been lost or damaged in transit.
The most enjoyable was call a customer to advise you had found their freight and that you were organising delivery for them
Bad management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Erskine Park NSW4 February 2018
Working for TNT was amazing to begin with. However, the management is poor, and they appointed an unexperienced team leader to handle the office. To begin with, the training was originally 2 full time weeks at head office which was okay - they then extended this to 3 weeks, full time at the HO, the casuals including myself thought this was also okay, but then due to poor management for the new office at EP2, they decided to extend 4 weeks at HO - which was really done poorly. Working at TNT also exposes me to how poorly the warehouse/depot treat the freight and how little they do to make sure freight was delivered/found - and how poorly they handled enquiries. It was an eye opener. The shifts for casuals was also super unorganised - they use an app which is honestly useless and just so inconvenient. Anyways, i think if you want to work for this company, just bare in mind you will get a lot of angry customers because TNT doesn't really care about your freight, they just want the money. I learnt so little at TNT also, every time you ask questions in regards to a situation, they literally just brush you off and give you such little help - its honestly so *sigh*.
And to keep in mind the poor management, where team leaders won't care about your mental state when receiving a bad phone call - and won't show you much support as they claim they're doing. Maybe if you work at the HO in Sydney, you will receive more support from multiple experienced team leaders, but if you're going to work in their other offices, you're on your own. The only good thing i had coming out from TNT is the
  more... work family there - my co-workers was great.  less
Fun workshop people friendly
Dock Hand (Current Employee) –  Erskine Park NSW28 January 2018
Good Job more money people are friendly even some of the team leader and supervisor lots of experience and plus good environment and supply water when it hot day
Pros
No lunch
Cons
The hours are good
Productive place to work.
Internal Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Enfield NSW10 January 2018
TNT bought out Ansett Air Freight who I originally worked for. They were a great company to work for with great working incentives and taught me a lot in the Transport Industry.
Pros
Commission was great
Cons
KPI's could be a little tough to meet
fast paced enviroment with good managment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Driver NT8 January 2018
early starts
unloading trucks
delivering pallets/goods
picking up pallets/goods
driving vans
its a fast hot enviroment but I was just working on call so iam really looking for more regular hours.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not stopping for a lunch break
Proceed with caution
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Australia19 November 2017
Great company to work for and many inspiring people to learn from and you have to seek them out if you want to succeed here. High turnover in the key account space, particularly BDM team. Sales targets set not aligned with operational network capacity and profitability constraints. Very process driven environment, lots of administrative work which at times lacks purpose/functionality and often requires work outside normal hours to maintain. Silos operating between departments can negatively impact best outcomes for customers. Sales team as a whole organised by customer spend level and considerable internal infighting amongst sales and account management leadership over revenue and customer ownership combined with inconsistently applied policies by management to decide outcomes can make the task of selling transport solutions more complicated than you could perhaps imagine. No annual leave loading and poor base salary relative to competitors in the market.
Pros
Now owned by FedEx
Cons
Very high turnover of BD staff in small team makes it challenging to achieve team revenue targets