Play YouTube video button

TSA Group Employee Reviews in Adelaide SA

Featured review
TSA Group selected this as a representative review
The Culture Is What People Stay For
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Burwood VIC1 April 2019
A great place to work. TSA has a culture which is different from other contact centres. Overall it has a really friendly vibe and everyone is super supportive. There are always team leaders and the management team available to help you out and you will make friends right away. To be honest salary is a bit below market but its a great place to start your career.
Pros
The work environment
Cons
salary is a bit below market
Na
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA23 August 2019
the company overall is a decent place to work, what i miss the most is the people you work with, and work drinks on fridays at balcony bar, you dont work at TSA without going to balcony bar
Pros
Amazing people, very team orientated environment, good incentive program
Cons
Due Diligence isnt always completed diligently*, if a particular OL dislikes you for whatever reason, they'll do whatever they can to terminate you.
First step
Full time Inbound Retention and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA14 August 2019
This place is good for a first step into the full time work environment but not a place you want to stay long term due to poor management and support.
Very Stressfull
Inbound Call Agent (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA13 June 2019
Calls are almost never-ending and breaks always seem to feel like they end super quickly. some people within the company are super friendly and nice, but I've noticed a lot of teams have their own groups that don't really like to include others or new-comers.
Official response from TSA Group
17 June 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We understand that there are aspects of the role that are high pressure and would love to assist you in finding ways to better manage any workplace stress you may be feeling. As an employee at TSA, you have access to some great programs to improve your overall wellbeing.
We'd really appreciate the opportunity to discuss this feedback with you in more detail and provide access to our wellbeing program. We'd be grateful if you could email us at social.media@tsagroup.com.au. Thank you

Find somewhere else if you possibly can
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA26 February 2019
There's a revolving door in the Adelaide building for a reason. The average life span of a TSA consultant would be well less than 12 months with most leaving (or released) inside the probationary 3 months. The centre primarily handles Telstra customer retention however the bonus structure has a sales and avg handling time element, both of which are difficult to achieve when the caller is unhappy and trying to change providers. These callers are leaving usually due to poor service from off-shore consultants with the Australian based TSA then charged with the responsibility of 'saving' them from leaving.
The training is sketchy, helpful information difficult to find and managers only concerned about Telstra-set targets.
TSA exists to give Telstra a cheaper alternative to their ever-reducing workforce by handling calls for multiple services for far less pay.
Find somewhere else if you possibly can.
Pros
Great views of the city
Cons
See review above
Official response from TSA Group
6 May 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience working in our team and would love the opportunity to speak with you about this in more detail. We'd be really grateful if you could email us at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

Extremely negative workplace
Inbound Retentions and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, South Australia12 March 2018
Most negative job environment I’ve ever worked in, everyone in the workplace was always so tense. Every minute I was at work I was accounted for. I wasn’t even able to go to the toilet without being questioned. Management is too inexperienced and immature. Upon recruitment they make it seem like it’s so easy to get bonuses and that you get constant rewards for your hard work but it’s not true at all. Also the pay in general was terrible, I earn more working in a restaurant for 25hrs than I would working a 38hr week at TSA Telco.
work placement
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA31 July 2017
It was something that was supposed to be non commission based but you need to make sales and recons as much at you can and no disconnecting in the disconnections department. I did enjoy every ones support and was happy to work there, just having a lot of customers call and after another agent hadn't followed up was getting to much and now looking for something a little different because I still enjoy working with people and helping customers.
Retention & Sales
Retentions & Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA4 June 2017
The hours (shift patterns) were very unstable. You could be in until 10pm and back in the next morning at 7am so it put your sleep, body out as well as your eating patterns. Physically not great. I did enjoy retentions but of my own accord I am not great at sales so I never done very well at that part of the job. There was someone there to help if you did get stuck or needed manager assistance.
Pros
good poeple to work with
Cons
shift hours
Fun workplace
Sales and retention agent (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA15 March 2017
Logging on and getting ready 15 minutes before a shift
Learnt how to deal with irate customers
Management were always pushing sales
Making a sale out of an irate customer was the hardest part
The most enjoyable parts were the perks in the break rooms
Easy to make friends in workplace & nice break areas, management were not as helpful as I had hoped.
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA5 February 2017
The management team & floor support were not as helpful as I had hoped when I first started there. It made it very hard for me to do my job as I didn't know how to do much!
Pros
3 breaks, no set uniform
Cons
Shift work, long hours, not enough help
Fun place to work
Inbound Retention & Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA19 October 2016
I worked with great people,
the supervisors were friendly & supportive and often encouraged you to do better.
Having never worked in a call centre environment, or in a sales role, I felt quite uneasy at first, but with time & support from the more seasoned staff you gain more confidence & start to feel more comfortable.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
Long hours, can be a strain on your motivation
Workculture at TSA Telco Group
Retention Consultant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide, SA27 May 2015
This is a great place to work at if you are starting your career as you need to start from somewhere. I have learned Telstra products and services over the past one year. I have also learned on how to build great relationship with my customers and taking ownership of their issues as this is vital if you are looking in advance your career in account management role since. The management is alright and I am happy with how things as I do my job and make sure I meet my stats and matrix. My co-workers are lovely people and I enjoy going to work as we could get along really well. They are also extremely helpful whenever I have problem solving customers issues. The hardest part of the job is dealing with frustrated and angry customers as they are frustrated with the company and end up showing at you. Whereas the most enjoyable part of the job is getting your bonus when you meet the target that is being set by the management.
Nice place to work.
Sales representative - Mobile phones, Tablets (Former Employee) –  adelaide11 March 2015
typical day: Answering telephones, selling Telstra products.

good management.

was a good place to be apart of it just isn't for me. inside all day doesn't intrest me, but it kept me busy and paid.
great place to work
Customer service and complaints handling assistant (Former Employee) –  australia adelaide25 March 2014
• Assessing customer accounts and having extensive product and package knowledge in order for my customers to be able to get the best out of there services and the most fitting package.
• General customer queries and complaints.
• Follow up calls to update customers about complaints and queries’.
• Arranging appointments with technicians for service repairs and home visits.
• Data entry, using a variety of software.
balanced worklife
IP/Sales Agent / Order Management (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA25 November 2013
TSA is a relaxed place to work, with a good work/life balance, and a good culture surrounding it.
Enjoyable workplace for a temporary job
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, Australia30 July 2012
Telstra contracted call centre. Fun place to work, but salary for starting wage is based on minutes spent on phone, so can be hard even for the best salesperson.
Pros
city based, easy transport
Cons
long hours, varied amount of pay leaves for little financial stability