Play YouTube video button

TSA Group Employee Reviews in Perth WA

Featured review
TSA Group selected this as a representative review
The Culture Is What People Stay For
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Burwood VIC1 April 2019
A great place to work. TSA has a culture which is different from other contact centres. Overall it has a really friendly vibe and everyone is super supportive. There are always team leaders and the management team available to help you out and you will make friends right away. To be honest salary is a bit below market but its a great place to start your career.
Pros
The work environment
Cons
salary is a bit below market
Terrible management
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Perth19 June 2019
I would not recommend TSA Telco to anybody as a place of employment for a few reasons

There is next to no job satisfaction unless you like to cheat and lie to customers who are uneducated in the subject matter.

Management is incredibly unreliable and they like to pick favourites which is reflected in the highschool level of maturity which is shown.

No level of work flexibility for agents to even use their annual leave and even if it gets accepted 9/10 they would forget and still refuse your leave.

They really sell commission earnings when hiring but it's very rare to earn commission and they don't supply you with the tools to track your earnings which did lead to incorrect pay usually with the agent out of pocket.

Sick leave incorrectly put in where you don't get paid and if you chase it up they'll try and sweep it under the rug and turn it on you.
Cons
Terrible workplace with terrible management
23 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience working in our team. We'd appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this in more detail. We'd be grateful if you could send us an email at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

Inbound calls agent (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 June 2019
Challenging work but amazing rewards
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Perth WA3 May 2019
This is my first contact centre job. When i first started it was really hard and i was nervous calling customers but after the first month in I felt like i got the hang of it. My friends and managers really helped me to stay positive and learn to roll with the calls and not take things so personally.

I'm still here and i still really enjoy coming to work despite the obvious challenges of dealing with customers and outbound dialling.
Pros
end of month free lunch, fun events and prizes always on offer, energetic team vibe
Cons
repetitive work, bonuses aren't always guaranteed some weeks are better than others, intense training and lots of systems to learn
5 May 2019

Thanks for your review. We're glad that we could be a positive stepping stone in your new career and hope that you continue to enjoy working with us!

Fun work culture and good progression opportunities
Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Perth WA26 March 2019
I found working at TSA to be an overall positive experience. It was really challenging when I began and I had a hard time adjusting to outbound sales (I only had customer service experience prior) but overall I feel it was good experience.
It pushed me outside of my comfort zone and if not for the skills I learned there I would not have been promoted to a management position and had the skills I needed to find a great job elsewhere.

The salary is quite low, if you want to earn a good commission you have to work pretty hard and make sure you meet compliance requirements but it was achievable for me and most of my friends in my team.

Coming from retail, the hours and the work culture were amazing. I'm not sure if I'll find anywhere like that again. We constantly had fun games and incentives going, there were holidays up for offer and we had free pizza once a month and good rec areas with ping pong tables etc. The social aspects were good too, I met a lot of friends and we've remained friends even after I've left.
Pros
Fun work culture, good earning potential and progression
Cons
It takes about 3 months to start seeing commission
6 May 2019

Thanks for your review. We're glad to hear your time at TSA was a positive one and gave you the skills to further progress your career!

Productive and fun workplace with a ping-pong table, a ''chill-out zone'' and great kitchen facilities, as well as being public transport friendly
Customer Experience and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Perth WA14 February 2019
I give TSA Group a total of 4 stars as a whole due to the following,

The Job Work/Life Balance is great however leave is provided sparingly, even in dire instances leave has to be justified with multiple documents and constant reminders. Paid sick leave is also scarce at this workplace. You comply with the unplanned absence policy, provide a doctor's certificate only to have 'sick leave - unpaid' on your payslip - in the instance you have an adequate sick leave balance. The hours vary depending on your roster yet they work well for full-time workers. The hours never exceed a start time of 9AM.

The salary and benefits isn't too bad, can't say I wasn't paid well considering my role as a sales agent. The original enticing declaration on the job description was 'uncapped incentives' however bear in mind, TSA has a budget they explain can sometimes affect your pay. So even if you exceed your targets, you can only earn so much more on top of your base salary. As for advancement, unless you engage with management in a super cosy manner to the point the personal/professional barrier is broken, you will not advance. There are only so many management positions and they hard to come by. Management who is employed at the time make it firmly clear they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Management overall isn't too bad, certain managers are lovely; efficient; personable and motivational. As a whole, they are all there to help you become a better salesperson and they really do know best. They will always have you back but remember their best interest is to push results.

The
  more... job culture is a funny one, a grey area. The staff in terms of agents are 80% lovely and friendly, where friendly conversation flows and everyone likes to help you. However as in any workplace, there is always a bad egg. One discouragement I had upon my first 2 weeks working there was the visibility of something that resembled my high school experience. There is a lot of gossip, unfriendly competition and explicit conversation which was not well managed or disciplined. Exclusions apply to certain calibres of people who genuinely do the right thing. In saying this, I have made lifelong friends at TSA that are some of the most awesome people I have ever met.
On topic, the team building games, occasional drinks out and chill-out zone do make it fun. I do however, suggest keeping your personal life at home and not bringing it to the office. This is a given, however there were unfortunate occurrences where details about an individual's personal life were disclosed upon others in spite.

Overall, I did enjoy my time there and met some lovely people. Work hard, know how to handle yourself and you will be fine. Oh and don't forget to drum into your head - you are a salesperson.
Pros
Excellent incentives for commission and team-building games
Cons
Inefficient management due to an individual who does not deserve their current position
6 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review TSA. We're glad that you met some great friends and enjoyed your time with us overall. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in more detail regarding the rest of your feedback. Please feel free to reach out and contact us at social.media@tsagroup.com.au.

Great people to work with but not so much the work
Customer Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 October 2018
I found this job challenging as you are required to call Telstra customers and sell them more products than they already have. Why its challenging is the management only critique and criticise your performance without specifically helping you achieve what they want.
Pros
Ping pong table
6 May 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We're really sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience working for us and we’d really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this in more detail. We would be grateful if you could contact us at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

Great atmosphere.. But
SALES AGENT (Current Employee) –  Perth WA30 April 2018
When i first started i loved it, i loved the training, the idea and concept of the workplace and looked forward to earning incentives and possible commissions, after i progressed and moved into actually being on the phone i realised the workplace i once looked forward to going to was actually a little bit rigged, the incentive targets are a tad too high and you only earn them if you are lucky enough to be in a top campaign and maybe if you just have a good day with customers, and even if you get the incentive the place seems to find a way to dock the pay
6 May 2019

We're glad to hear you've enjoyed your time at TSA, however, we'd like the opportunity to discuss your feedback further. We'd be grateful if you could email us at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

TSA Troode Street
Sales (Former Employee) –  Perth WA16 April 2018
Learnt new Sales Techniques and Business Conversations with Customer, Met new people, really fun workplace and overall a great experience for a first full time job.
Pros
They run activities and incentives on the floor and you can earn commission pretty easily
Cons
Commission can be taken away if you have not hit your KPI's
6 May 2019

Thank you and we appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience at TSA Group.

Would not recommend if you’re looking for a career
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 April 2018
Large turnover of staff- people fired on the daily. Management are absolutely atrocious, unapproachable and disrespectful towards others. Will openly talk about workers and be rude to others behind their backs. Can’t get a drink of water or go to the toilet without being shamed. Told we have a bad wage because you’re expected to make commission but then take the commission off you over silly things. Can’t go to HR because they’re quite clueless as to how the management Really are.
Pros
the one or two people you make friends with
Cons
Everything else
6 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're really sorry that you didn't have a great experience working for TSA, and would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss your feedback. We'd really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this in more detail. We would be grateful if you could contact us at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

Job Easy, Management very poor
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Perth WA29 March 2018
If you raise any concerns or have a voice they will try and push you out ASAP.
A working environment with alot say 90-100 people in one room so you can't be shy.
Cons
Bad Management
Unprofessional - some staff not all
Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Perth27 March 2018
I worked with the TSA Group for a while, I met some great people but also found some not so positive people that work for the company. I won't get too much into detail. As it won't change the values or morals for these particular individuals. Shout out to the business team!!
Pros
Free food and beer
Cons
Unprofessional, unreliable and unrealistic
Terrible Place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA27 February 2018
The management are disgusting, threatening you with your job if you do something outside of their interested. Have been in hospital and they have asked me to come in. You get publicly named and shamed or yelled at for going on pause to go to the toilet or get a drink. No job security, can get fired for the smallest thing. And if you get fired you can NEVER work for Telstra again. Perfect for those who have sold their soul and like to scam others.
Pros
Free Lunches, prizes and comps
Cons
Management, Abuse from customers and staff
good entry level workplace, definitely not a career. anyone who has moved up has sold their soul
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 February 2018
the capacity to earn money here was good before they introduced different ways to take your money
if your 18-22 and don't want to work at maccas this is a great job, the environment is fun and you will learn alot
Pros
fast paced, good hours, flexible
Cons
bad management, bad commission structure, high turnover
Racist and Biased
Associate(Intern) (Current Employee) –  Perth WA14 December 2017
Unprofessional management, racist, not diverse in attitude and biased company. I hate it and it was my worst experience ever working in TSA. I would never recommend anyone to work in such an unprofessional environment.
Good amenties and Table tennis in Staff room
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Perth WA3 October 2017
I have made some life long friends from TSA, it was a good supportive work environment with as much training as you need to feel confident with your role.
It was fast paced and products changing regularly so you the computer system was always accurate with the information you needed. Great bunch of work mates & Managers.
Pros
Free Pizza end of month
Horrible work place
Customer Experience and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 February 2016
There are a number of reasons why TSA Telco Group is one of the worst places I have worked at. Two of the main reasons being the management and their incentive scheme.

The management at TSA Telco Group is absolutely atrocious. Many (not all) of the managers are pathetic at their jobs. They are condescending and have little or no respect for their teams. I found alot of them take personal hits to some of their employees and there is a lot of playing favourites going on.

The incentive scheme is completely outrageous. When you are initially introduced to the job they make it sound like you are going to be earning loads of commission over your base rate - this is complete rubbish. Their commission tracking system is hardly ever correct. There is no way of actually knowing how much money you are making - they could be underpaying you and you wouldn't even know it. That alongside the fact that back of house needs to process your sales before you actually get paid for them makes it out so you hardly ever get paid for your sales. I've had sales sitting and waiting to be processed for over a month, which means my target was going up and my sales weren't being counted towards that target. Basically their incentive scheme is screwed up.

That being said, one of the good things about working at TSA is that there is a pretty good atmosphere and its easy to get along with alot of your co-workers.
TSA Telco Group
CRM Specialist with Siebel CRM (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA6 August 2015
Excellent training
Lots of opportunities for self development
Very good management.
Efficient employee management.
Good Team Work
Order Management Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 December 2014
Working as an Order Management Officer at TSA for the past seven years has developed my numeracy, literacy and accuracy skills to a high level. When dealing with data, it is vital to be accurate and take great care with attention to detail. I regularly deal with the customer details, which involves accurate input of customer date of birth, customer address, customer mobile number into computer system. I am also required to communicate with other departments via emails. It is important that these communications are in the correct manner, for understanding and compliance with the regulations.
When confronted with a problem I meticulously collect data, assess it thoroughly, examining a range of possible options for its solution, and make a decision based on evidence, to ensure optimal outcomes for the business. I ensure the assessment is completed swiftly and communicate with all relevant stakeholders whenever possible.

My experience in electronic records management system has been gained through several years’. Throughout my employment in this area I have consistently demonstrated my excellent ability to support client’s need, whilst meeting and exceeding organisational objectives. With over several years of professional experience in the record management industry, I have developed extensive expertise relevant to the management, implementation and performance of computer systems. My experience has been diverse and includes: data management, system maintenance and support, training of users, and resource management.
Excellent
Customer Care Department (Former Employee) –  City West, Perth1 July 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed working for TSA Telco Group.

Staff and Employees were Great and gave me an experience I will never forget.
Busy, multicutural environment.
QA Officer (Current Employee) –  City West, Perth WA25 July 2013
A busy environment with most focused on the job at hand. I have learnt so much about myself and about the various aspects of the position, of which there are many. Our work is constantly changing, updating and adapting to new legislation and policies. We have to keep up to date with all the changes and be able to apply them sometimes instantly, sometimes as from a given date. I work in a very diverse cultural setting, adapting to changes of accent and the many wonderful smells of various food types. We are provided with incentives at various times. Sometimes finding the information I require to make a decision can be difficult however I do my best to locate what I need and if that fails I turn to my work colleagues for assistance. I enjoy using computers and I enjoy the investigation work and working mostly solo within a group.
Pros
Lots of new skills learnt in the last twelve months
Cons
None really.