Play YouTube video button

TSA Group Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Featured review
TSA Group selected this as a representative review
The Culture Is What People Stay For
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Burwood VIC1 April 2019
A great place to work. TSA has a culture which is different from other contact centres. Overall it has a really friendly vibe and everyone is super supportive. There are always team leaders and the management team available to help you out and you will make friends right away. To be honest salary is a bit below market but its a great place to start your career.
Pros
The work environment
Cons
salary is a bit below market
Terrible management
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Perth19 June 2019
I would not recommend TSA Telco to anybody as a place of employment for a few reasons

There is next to no job satisfaction unless you like to cheat and lie to customers who are uneducated in the subject matter.

Management is incredibly unreliable and they like to pick favourites which is reflected in the highschool level of maturity which is shown.

No level of work flexibility for agents to even use their annual leave and even if it gets accepted 9/10 they would forget and still refuse your leave.

They really sell commission earnings when hiring but it's very rare to earn commission and they don't supply you with the tools to track your earnings which did lead to incorrect pay usually with the agent out of pocket.

Sick leave incorrectly put in where you don't get paid and if you chase it up they'll try and sweep it under the rug and turn it on you.
Cons
Terrible workplace with terrible management
23 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience working in our team. We'd appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this in more detail. We'd be grateful if you could send us an email at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

Challenging work but amazing rewards
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Perth WA3 May 2019
This is my first contact centre job. When i first started it was really hard and i was nervous calling customers but after the first month in I felt like i got the hang of it. My friends and managers really helped me to stay positive and learn to roll with the calls and not take things so personally.

I'm still here and i still really enjoy coming to work despite the obvious challenges of dealing with customers and outbound dialling.
Pros
end of month free lunch, fun events and prizes always on offer, energetic team vibe
Cons
repetitive work, bonuses aren't always guaranteed some weeks are better than others, intense training and lots of systems to learn
5 May 2019

Thanks for your review. We're glad that we could be a positive stepping stone in your new career and hope that you continue to enjoy working with us!

Fun Workplace, understanding & professional management
Customer Experience Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 May 2019
TSA is an amazing company to work for if you want to be privileged with free tea & coffee, fruits, vending machines, amazing life time friendships, table tennis comps, great daily, weekly & monthly incentives. TSA treated me very well unfortunately I had to leave but will always recommend TSA to friends and family
Pros
Fun, supportive, understanding, great management, incentives, free fruit, tea & coffee, pool tables, vending machine. Amazing training & trainers.
Cons
pressure, stressful, abusive customers
5 May 2019

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us!

Sales is never easy but coming to work is good fun
Customer Experience and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 April 2019
When I read some of the comments on here I get kind of confused. I loved working at TSA and I was friends with a lot of people in my office and they all felt the same way as me.
Sure, I don’t want to spend the rest of my life in a call centre (wasn’t really interested in moving into a management position) but I learnt some sales skills that set me up to leave TSA and pursue a professional face to face sales career.

At the time the money was the best I had every earned. Even though the base salary is low if you work hard and take your job seriously there’s great commission opportunity. I had worked for places before with no opportunity to earn a bonus and the work was easy but it got boring trying to be the best for no reward. At TSA I got to experience being rewarded for meeting targets and doing a good job.
Work culture was great, again my old job didn't really do much that would be considered fun so we had heaps of competitions running all the time and there were always prizes, work parties were pretty cool too.
People seem to love the ping pong table but it's not really my thing.
Pros
Learnt some great skills to help me with a career upgrade after a couple of years
Cons
Fast paced at times and starting out was tough for the first couple of weeks
6 May 2019

Thanks for your review. At TSA we pride ourselves on giving our Team Members valuable skills to progress their careers, whether that means staying at TSA or moving on to new challenges. We're glad that TSA could be a positive stepping stone for you in your career.

Its okay
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 March 2019
The work ethic of everyone is top notch but its not something i'd do for years. Everyone is friendly but its an extremely tough job, don't let it fool you.
Pros
great people
Cons
extremely strict
6 May 2019

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on what it's like to work at TSA. We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience working in our team. We'd love the opportunity to speak to you about your feedback and would be grateful if you could send us an email at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

Fun work culture and good progression opportunities
Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Perth WA26 March 2019
I found working at TSA to be an overall positive experience. It was really challenging when I began and I had a hard time adjusting to outbound sales (I only had customer service experience prior) but overall I feel it was good experience.
It pushed me outside of my comfort zone and if not for the skills I learned there I would not have been promoted to a management position and had the skills I needed to find a great job elsewhere.

The salary is quite low, if you want to earn a good commission you have to work pretty hard and make sure you meet compliance requirements but it was achievable for me and most of my friends in my team.

Coming from retail, the hours and the work culture were amazing. I'm not sure if I'll find anywhere like that again. We constantly had fun games and incentives going, there were holidays up for offer and we had free pizza once a month and good rec areas with ping pong tables etc. The social aspects were good too, I met a lot of friends and we've remained friends even after I've left.
Pros
Fun work culture, good earning potential and progression
Cons
It takes about 3 months to start seeing commission
6 May 2019

Thanks for your review. We're glad to hear your time at TSA was a positive one and gave you the skills to further progress your career!

Do not work here soul sucking
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 February 2019
Tsa group itself was a great company to work for. I met the ceo and he’s a legend, plus all the go home early targets and fun drinking culture which made it alright. Except for the efficiency lead and operations lead the management were pleasant. The work itself though is probably the worst thing I have ever done. The job is to be a pest and a annoyance. The kpis are unrealistic and very stressful to achieve and if you aren’t hitting them (which you never will) you are wasting your time there. Future employers don’t care if “kpis are unrealistic”. So do yourself a solid and never apply here. If you need a job and are desperate LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE. Also working at TSA has hindered my future job prospects.
Pros
Work culture
Cons
Legitimately everything
6 May 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience working in our team and would love the opportunity to speak with you about this in more detail. We'd be really grateful if you could email us at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

Productive and fun workplace with a ping-pong table, a ''chill-out zone'' and great kitchen facilities, as well as being public transport friendly
Customer Experience and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Perth WA14 February 2019
I give TSA Group a total of 4 stars as a whole due to the following,

The Job Work/Life Balance is great however leave is provided sparingly, even in dire instances leave has to be justified with multiple documents and constant reminders. Paid sick leave is also scarce at this workplace. You comply with the unplanned absence policy, provide a doctor's certificate only to have 'sick leave - unpaid' on your payslip - in the instance you have an adequate sick leave balance. The hours vary depending on your roster yet they work well for full-time workers. The hours never exceed a start time of 9AM.

The salary and benefits isn't too bad, can't say I wasn't paid well considering my role as a sales agent. The original enticing declaration on the job description was 'uncapped incentives' however bear in mind, TSA has a budget they explain can sometimes affect your pay. So even if you exceed your targets, you can only earn so much more on top of your base salary. As for advancement, unless you engage with management in a super cosy manner to the point the personal/professional barrier is broken, you will not advance. There are only so many management positions and they hard to come by. Management who is employed at the time make it firmly clear they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Management overall isn't too bad, certain managers are lovely; efficient; personable and motivational. As a whole, they are all there to help you become a better salesperson and they really do know best. They will always have you back but remember their best interest is to push results.

The
  more... job culture is a funny one, a grey area. The staff in terms of agents are 80% lovely and friendly, where friendly conversation flows and everyone likes to help you. However as in any workplace, there is always a bad egg. One discouragement I had upon my first 2 weeks working there was the visibility of something that resembled my high school experience. There is a lot of gossip, unfriendly competition and explicit conversation which was not well managed or disciplined. Exclusions apply to certain calibres of people who genuinely do the right thing. In saying this, I have made lifelong friends at TSA that are some of the most awesome people I have ever met.
On topic, the team building games, occasional drinks out and chill-out zone do make it fun. I do however, suggest keeping your personal life at home and not bringing it to the office. This is a given, however there were unfortunate occurrences where details about an individual's personal life were disclosed upon others in spite.

Overall, I did enjoy my time there and met some lovely people. Work hard, know how to handle yourself and you will be fine. Oh and don't forget to drum into your head - you are a salesperson.
Pros
Excellent incentives for commission and team-building games
Cons
Inefficient management due to an individual who does not deserve their current position
6 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review TSA. We're glad that you met some great friends and enjoyed your time with us overall. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in more detail regarding the rest of your feedback. Please feel free to reach out and contact us at social.media@tsagroup.com.au.

Happy I Left
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  444 Queens St Brisbane11 February 2019
The trainers were not organised in what you were meant to be doing, let alone management having anything even put together for you to access anything. Once we were put on the floor we were expected to sell sell sell, but during training we were told they didn't care if we sold or not. They make us push customers till they scream and hang up and leave a bad word about Telstra. They don't train you for what you need and expect you to learn the rest on the floor. They have such a large staff turn over so they treat you bad and don't care for you cause your replaceable. They say no swearing policy but everyone swears all over the floor and on the phone. They always shove other peoples achievements in your face to tell you that your not as good.
Pros
The view from the 3 levels
Cons
Management, disrespect from management, the money, the whole position
6 May 2019

Thank you for providing us with this feedback on your experience at TSA Group. We are really sorry to hear you didn’t have a great experience working with our Brisbane team. We work hard to ensure our management team are professional, respectful and provide the appropriate training to each employee. We would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your feedback in more detail. We’d be grateful if you could send us an email at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so we can follow this up.

Probably my first sales job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 January 2019
Sales rep was the position. Base rate plus commission if you were brilliant at selling. You got 5 weeks of training for outbound centre and less for inbound centre. You had teams galore competing everyday for prizes which I guess was nice.
Pros
Free lunches. Paid training, competitions for prizes, 2 lunch breaks
Cons
Overtime is standard rate unless on a Sunday
6 May 2019

Thanks for your review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your time working in our Brisbane team. We're always wanting to learn and take on more feedback and would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about your review in more detail. Please feel free to email us at social.media@tsagroup.com.au.

Poor Culture & Company Built on Lies
Customer Experience and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD3 December 2018
Company that treats employees very poorly and expects people to bypass their morale value. Not a company I would recommend, the people you meet while you work there are very nice back-packers or between jobs.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Morale Value
6 May 2019

We’re really sorry to hear that you didn’t have a great experience with our Brisbane team, and we’d really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this in more detail. We’d be grateful if you could send us an email at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

table tennis, break room
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD25 September 2018
tsa had a table tennis tournament held in 2017 and each of the offices in qld, sa, vic and wa held matches then the overall winners were then flown to wa to compete me and my brother entered the mixed doubles and just missed out on the flight to wa it was fun.
6 May 2019

Thanks for your review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at TSA and loved our Ping Pong Tournament!

Great atmosphere.. But
SALES AGENT (Current Employee) –  Perth WA30 April 2018
When i first started i loved it, i loved the training, the idea and concept of the workplace and looked forward to earning incentives and possible commissions, after i progressed and moved into actually being on the phone i realised the workplace i once looked forward to going to was actually a little bit rigged, the incentive targets are a tad too high and you only earn them if you are lucky enough to be in a top campaign and maybe if you just have a good day with customers, and even if you get the incentive the place seems to find a way to dock the pay
6 May 2019

We're glad to hear you've enjoyed your time at TSA, however, we'd like the opportunity to discuss your feedback further. We'd be grateful if you could email us at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

TSA Troode Street
Sales (Former Employee) –  Perth WA16 April 2018
Learnt new Sales Techniques and Business Conversations with Customer, Met new people, really fun workplace and overall a great experience for a first full time job.
Pros
They run activities and incentives on the floor and you can earn commission pretty easily
Cons
Commission can be taken away if you have not hit your KPI's
6 May 2019

Thank you and we appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience at TSA Group.

Would not recommend if you’re looking for a career
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 April 2018
Large turnover of staff- people fired on the daily. Management are absolutely atrocious, unapproachable and disrespectful towards others. Will openly talk about workers and be rude to others behind their backs. Can’t get a drink of water or go to the toilet without being shamed. Told we have a bad wage because you’re expected to make commission but then take the commission off you over silly things. Can’t go to HR because they’re quite clueless as to how the management Really are.
Pros
the one or two people you make friends with
Cons
Everything else
6 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're really sorry that you didn't have a great experience working for TSA, and would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss your feedback. We'd really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this in more detail. We would be grateful if you could contact us at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

Job Easy, Management very poor
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Perth WA29 March 2018
If you raise any concerns or have a voice they will try and push you out ASAP.
A working environment with alot say 90-100 people in one room so you can't be shy.
Cons
Bad Management
good entry level workplace, definitely not a career. anyone who has moved up has sold their soul
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 February 2018
the capacity to earn money here was good before they introduced different ways to take your money
if your 18-22 and don't want to work at maccas this is a great job, the environment is fun and you will learn alot
Pros
fast paced, good hours, flexible
Cons
bad management, bad commission structure, high turnover
least favorite job ive ever had
Customer Solutions and sales agent (Former Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA21 January 2018
typical day at work was stressfull with 90% of customers screaming at you, because they're angry with the company.
managers were not supportive and push everyone too hard for sales for their benefit/commission.
weeks of training with under-qualified trainers that do not teach efficiently, nor do they answer questions efficiently.
Pros
good incentives
Cons
stressfull environment.
productive workplace with ping pong table
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD17 September 2017
Plenty of hours to do a lot of work per week if your the type of person who loves to grind their face off for bonuses. Great coaches and staffs. No privacy in the work place or personal desk arrangement, it's first in first served.
Pros
Plenty of work to do.
Cons
Rotating rosters.
Worst place to work
Customer experience and sales agent (Current Employee) –  Melbourne30 March 2017
The entire focus for this organization is sales, during training one of the trainers accidentally played a voice recording of one of the top sales agent from the floor,

what we heard from the sales call was completely unethical and selling off ACL

The company encourages single price pitching where we meant to add products to match the customers current bill , even if the price for the bundle has gone down we are meant to add products that the customers does not need.

These guys are sub contractors for Telstra, its really sad that customers end up paying more and most often than not these are old people. who do not understand how pricing works.
Pros
easy to get in and out
Cons
You will add nothing to your skill set

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSA Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9