Play YouTube video button

TSA Group Management reviews

Featured review
TSA Group selected this as a representative review
The Culture Is What People Stay For
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Burwood VIC1 April 2019
A great place to work. TSA has a culture which is different from other contact centres. Overall it has a really friendly vibe and everyone is super supportive. There are always team leaders and the management team available to help you out and you will make friends right away. To be honest salary is a bit below market but its a great place to start your career.
Pros
The work environment
Cons
salary is a bit below market
First step
Full time Inbound Retention and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA14 August 2019
This place is good for a first step into the full time work environment but not a place you want to stay long term due to poor management and support.
unsafe workplace
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA25 July 2019
Management refuses to take responsibility for issues they have caused. Toxic, unsafe, and extremely stressful environment. Disgusting bathrooms and unsanitary kitchens and filthy computers and secondhand headsets that still have make up and human fluid still on them. Supervisors are unprofessional and unsupportive. When expressing a want for a career change management accuses you of being lazy and not wanting to do your job no matter how hard you work. Unrealistic targets and forced to make unethical sales and unethical decisions. HUGE turnover rate but the company won't invest time and resources to training long time employees. Management is corrupt and don't care about their employees as it seems that you're just another person who will leave in a few weeks. If you request a manager to send through an email or literally anything they will do it much later or not at all. Constantly unsure of job security. Overall a horrible experience.
Cons
no job security
28 July 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience working in our team. We'd appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your feedback in more detail. We'd be grateful if you could send us an email at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

Terrible management
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Perth19 June 2019
I would not recommend TSA Telco to anybody as a place of employment for a few reasons

There is next to no job satisfaction unless you like to cheat and lie to customers who are uneducated in the subject matter.

Management is incredibly unreliable and they like to pick favourites which is reflected in the highschool level of maturity which is shown.

No level of work flexibility for agents to even use their annual leave and even if it gets accepted 9/10 they would forget and still refuse your leave.

They really sell commission earnings when hiring but it's very rare to earn commission and they don't supply you with the tools to track your earnings which did lead to incorrect pay usually with the agent out of pocket.

Sick leave incorrectly put in where you don't get paid and if you chase it up they'll try and sweep it under the rug and turn it on you.
Cons
Terrible workplace with terrible management
23 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience working in our team. We'd appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this in more detail. We'd be grateful if you could send us an email at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

Great for first job, terrible for long-term employment
Sales executive (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 June 2019
I managed to stick around at TSA (Telstra sales) for 6 months, many times I felt hopeless and wanted to quit.

Only reason I didn’t quit was because the people there were great and I did enjoy time to chat with them.

1/3 managers I had were supportive, the other 2 were disgusting people and made the job very hard for me.
One day I was sick and they threatened my job the next day for texting instead of calling in sick.
Another time I was sick the manager was doing everything to try and get me to come into work, I gave in and came in half way through the day due to pressure and ended up telling me I can go home an hour later despite the long journey to work.

I found out at the time that team managers actually have targets for who shows up at work in their team, so this doesn’t surprise me that they will hound you to come to work even if you feel horrible.

The job itself is extremely high pressure and from my own experience breathing is almost non-existant here as the second you put the dialler on pause you get questioned (even if it’s to go to the bathroom!!).

I actually got fired from my position at TSA for non-compliance, I was given advice by my team leader on how to make more commissions. I took this advice and ended up having several investigations under my name taken out, resulting in getting fired. I decided not to throw my team leader under the bus, as I know that their job was more valuable than mine and they had good intentions.
Bottom line is if someone is making lots of commission at this job there is something that they know, that you never will!
Pros
Great people, supportive
Cons
Terrible management and no job security
17 June 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Whilst we are happy to learn that you had great relationships with your colleagues we are disappointed to hear that your overall time at TSA was less than satisfactory.
TSA is always striving to ensure that our leaders are upholding and demonstrating our values, that is why it is highly concerning to hear that you found your management team did not meet expectations. We encourage you to reach out to the HR team at hr.admin@tsagroup.com.au to discuss your feedback in greater detail. Thank you.

Inbound calls agent (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 June 2019
Fun Workplace, understanding & professional management
Customer Experience Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 May 2019
TSA is an amazing company to work for if you want to be privileged with free tea & coffee, fruits, vending machines, amazing life time friendships, table tennis comps, great daily, weekly & monthly incentives. TSA treated me very well unfortunately I had to leave but will always recommend TSA to friends and family
Pros
Fun, supportive, understanding, great management, incentives, free fruit, tea & coffee, pool tables, vending machine. Amazing training & trainers.
Cons
pressure, stressful, abusive customers
5 May 2019

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us!

Sales is never easy but coming to work is good fun
Customer Experience and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 April 2019
When I read some of the comments on here I get kind of confused. I loved working at TSA and I was friends with a lot of people in my office and they all felt the same way as me.
Sure, I don’t want to spend the rest of my life in a call centre (wasn’t really interested in moving into a management position) but I learnt some sales skills that set me up to leave TSA and pursue a professional face to face sales career.

At the time the money was the best I had every earned. Even though the base salary is low if you work hard and take your job seriously there’s great commission opportunity. I had worked for places before with no opportunity to earn a bonus and the work was easy but it got boring trying to be the best for no reward. At TSA I got to experience being rewarded for meeting targets and doing a good job.
Work culture was great, again my old job didn't really do much that would be considered fun so we had heaps of competitions running all the time and there were always prizes, work parties were pretty cool too.
People seem to love the ping pong table but it's not really my thing.
Pros
Learnt some great skills to help me with a career upgrade after a couple of years
Cons
Fast paced at times and starting out was tough for the first couple of weeks
6 May 2019

Thanks for your review. At TSA we pride ourselves on giving our Team Members valuable skills to progress their careers, whether that means staying at TSA or moving on to new challenges. We're glad that TSA could be a positive stepping stone for you in your career.

Its okay
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 March 2019
The work ethic of everyone is top notch but its not something i'd do for years. Everyone is friendly but its an extremely tough job, don't let it fool you.
Pros
great people
Cons
extremely strict
6 May 2019

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on what it's like to work at TSA. We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience working in our team. We'd love the opportunity to speak to you about your feedback and would be grateful if you could send us an email at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

Fun work culture and good progression opportunities
Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Perth WA26 March 2019
I found working at TSA to be an overall positive experience. It was really challenging when I began and I had a hard time adjusting to outbound sales (I only had customer service experience prior) but overall I feel it was good experience.
It pushed me outside of my comfort zone and if not for the skills I learned there I would not have been promoted to a management position and had the skills I needed to find a great job elsewhere.

The salary is quite low, if you want to earn a good commission you have to work pretty hard and make sure you meet compliance requirements but it was achievable for me and most of my friends in my team.

Coming from retail, the hours and the work culture were amazing. I'm not sure if I'll find anywhere like that again. We constantly had fun games and incentives going, there were holidays up for offer and we had free pizza once a month and good rec areas with ping pong tables etc. The social aspects were good too, I met a lot of friends and we've remained friends even after I've left.
Pros
Fun work culture, good earning potential and progression
Cons
It takes about 3 months to start seeing commission
6 May 2019

Thanks for your review. We're glad to hear your time at TSA was a positive one and gave you the skills to further progress your career!

Do not work here soul sucking
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 February 2019
Tsa group itself was a great company to work for. I met the ceo and he’s a legend, plus all the go home early targets and fun drinking culture which made it alright. Except for the efficiency lead and operations lead the management were pleasant. The work itself though is probably the worst thing I have ever done. The job is to be a pest and a annoyance. The kpis are unrealistic and very stressful to achieve and if you aren’t hitting them (which you never will) you are wasting your time there. Future employers don’t care if “kpis are unrealistic”. So do yourself a solid and never apply here. If you need a job and are desperate LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE. Also working at TSA has hindered my future job prospects.
Pros
Work culture
Cons
Legitimately everything
6 May 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience working in our team and would love the opportunity to speak with you about this in more detail. We'd be really grateful if you could email us at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

Productive and fun workplace with a ping-pong table, a ''chill-out zone'' and great kitchen facilities, as well as being public transport friendly
Customer Experience and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Perth WA14 February 2019
I give TSA Group a total of 4 stars as a whole due to the following,

The Job Work/Life Balance is great however leave is provided sparingly, even in dire instances leave has to be justified with multiple documents and constant reminders. Paid sick leave is also scarce at this workplace. You comply with the unplanned absence policy, provide a doctor's certificate only to have 'sick leave - unpaid' on your payslip - in the instance you have an adequate sick leave balance. The hours vary depending on your roster yet they work well for full-time workers. The hours never exceed a start time of 9AM.

The salary and benefits isn't too bad, can't say I wasn't paid well considering my role as a sales agent. The original enticing declaration on the job description was 'uncapped incentives' however bear in mind, TSA has a budget they explain can sometimes affect your pay. So even if you exceed your targets, you can only earn so much more on top of your base salary. As for advancement, unless you engage with management in a super cosy manner to the point the personal/professional barrier is broken, you will not advance. There are only so many management positions and they hard to come by. Management who is employed at the time make it firmly clear they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Management overall isn't too bad, certain managers are lovely; efficient; personable and motivational. As a whole, they are all there to help you become a better salesperson and they really do know best. They will always have you back but remember their best interest is to push results.

The
  more... job culture is a funny one, a grey area. The staff in terms of agents are 80% lovely and friendly, where friendly conversation flows and everyone likes to help you. However as in any workplace, there is always a bad egg. One discouragement I had upon my first 2 weeks working there was the visibility of something that resembled my high school experience. There is a lot of gossip, unfriendly competition and explicit conversation which was not well managed or disciplined. Exclusions apply to certain calibres of people who genuinely do the right thing. In saying this, I have made lifelong friends at TSA that are some of the most awesome people I have ever met.
On topic, the team building games, occasional drinks out and chill-out zone do make it fun. I do however, suggest keeping your personal life at home and not bringing it to the office. This is a given, however there were unfortunate occurrences where details about an individual's personal life were disclosed upon others in spite.

Overall, I did enjoy my time there and met some lovely people. Work hard, know how to handle yourself and you will be fine. Oh and don't forget to drum into your head - you are a salesperson.
Pros
Excellent incentives for commission and team-building games
Cons
Inefficient management due to an individual who does not deserve their current position
6 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review TSA. We're glad that you met some great friends and enjoyed your time with us overall. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in more detail regarding the rest of your feedback. Please feel free to reach out and contact us at social.media@tsagroup.com.au.

Happy I Left
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  444 Queens St Brisbane11 February 2019
The trainers were not organised in what you were meant to be doing, let alone management having anything even put together for you to access anything. Once we were put on the floor we were expected to sell sell sell, but during training we were told they didn't care if we sold or not. They make us push customers till they scream and hang up and leave a bad word about Telstra. They don't train you for what you need and expect you to learn the rest on the floor. They have such a large staff turn over so they treat you bad and don't care for you cause your replaceable. They say no swearing policy but everyone swears all over the floor and on the phone. They always shove other peoples achievements in your face to tell you that your not as good.
Pros
The view from the 3 levels
Cons
Management, disrespect from management, the money, the whole position
6 May 2019

Thank you for providing us with this feedback on your experience at TSA Group. We are really sorry to hear you didn’t have a great experience working with our Brisbane team. We work hard to ensure our management team are professional, respectful and provide the appropriate training to each employee. We would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your feedback in more detail. We’d be grateful if you could send us an email at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so we can follow this up.

Extremely fun but challenging work place.
Customer service, dialling, sales and selling (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD9 January 2019
- heaps of KPIs
- Hard management team but willing to cater to your goals
- extensive training (paid)
- overall easy job to do, challenging goals to reach.
Pros
Constant entertainment, lots of structure, good pay.
Cons
Travel is busy, management can be unkind
6 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review TSA Group. We're happy to hear that you found working with us fun, however, we'd love the opportunity to speak with you regarding the rest of your feedback.
We'd appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in more detail and would be grateful if you could email us at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

Poor Culture & Company Built on Lies
Customer Experience and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD3 December 2018
Company that treats employees very poorly and expects people to bypass their morale value. Not a company I would recommend, the people you meet while you work there are very nice back-packers or between jobs.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Morale Value
6 May 2019

We’re really sorry to hear that you didn’t have a great experience with our Brisbane team, and we’d really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this in more detail. We’d be grateful if you could send us an email at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

Great people to work with but not so much the work
Customer Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 October 2018
I found this job challenging as you are required to call Telstra customers and sell them more products than they already have. Why its challenging is the management only critique and criticise your performance without specifically helping you achieve what they want.
Pros
Ping pong table
6 May 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We're really sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience working for us and we’d really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this in more detail. We would be grateful if you could contact us at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

Would not recommend if you’re looking for a career
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 April 2018
Large turnover of staff- people fired on the daily. Management are absolutely atrocious, unapproachable and disrespectful towards others. Will openly talk about workers and be rude to others behind their backs. Can’t get a drink of water or go to the toilet without being shamed. Told we have a bad wage because you’re expected to make commission but then take the commission off you over silly things. Can’t go to HR because they’re quite clueless as to how the management Really are.
Pros
the one or two people you make friends with
Cons
Everything else
6 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're really sorry that you didn't have a great experience working for TSA, and would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss your feedback. We'd really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this in more detail. We would be grateful if you could contact us at social.media@tsagroup.com.au so that we can follow this up.

Job Easy, Management very poor
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Perth WA29 March 2018
If you raise any concerns or have a voice they will try and push you out ASAP.
A working environment with alot say 90-100 people in one room so you can't be shy.
Cons
Bad Management
Unprofessional - some staff not all
Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Perth27 March 2018
I worked with the TSA Group for a while, I met some great people but also found some not so positive people that work for the company. I won't get too much into detail. As it won't change the values or morals for these particular individuals. Shout out to the business team!!
Pros
Free food and beer
Cons
Unprofessional, unreliable and unrealistic
Bad place to work
Outbound Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD26 March 2018
This is a telemarketing company, they get mad at you if you don't make sales, but don't give you the opportunity to make better sales, they only care about making money and not their own staff. They are incompetent and rude, and treat people unfairly. The training is a waste of time as they cut corners.
Pros
Cons
everything
Extremely negative workplace
Inbound Retentions and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, South Australia12 March 2018
Most negative job environment I’ve ever worked in, everyone in the workplace was always so tense. Every minute I was at work I was accounted for. I wasn’t even able to go to the toilet without being questioned. Management is too inexperienced and immature. Upon recruitment they make it seem like it’s so easy to get bonuses and that you get constant rewards for your hard work but it’s not true at all. Also the pay in general was terrible, I earn more working in a restaurant for 25hrs than I would working a 38hr week at TSA Telco.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSA Group. Our community is ready to answer.