Play YouTube video button

TSA Group Management reviews

Featured review
TSA Group selected this as a representative review
The Culture Is What People Stay For
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Burwood VIC1 April 2019
A great place to work. TSA has a culture which is different from other contact centres. Overall it has a really friendly vibe and everyone is super supportive. There are always team leaders and the management team available to help you out and you will make friends right away. To be honest salary is a bit below market but its a great place to start your career.
Pros
The work environment
Cons
salary is a bit below market
Bad place to work
Outbound Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD26 March 2018
This is a telemarketing company, they get mad at you if you don't make sales, but don't give you the opportunity to make better sales, they only care about making money and not their own staff. They are incompetent and rude, and treat people unfairly. The training is a waste of time as they cut corners.
Pros
Cons
everything
Extremely negative workplace
Inbound Retentions and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, South Australia12 March 2018
Most negative job environment I’ve ever worked in, everyone in the workplace was always so tense. Every minute I was at work I was accounted for. I wasn’t even able to go to the toilet without being questioned. Management is too inexperienced and immature. Upon recruitment they make it seem like it’s so easy to get bonuses and that you get constant rewards for your hard work but it’s not true at all. Also the pay in general was terrible, I earn more working in a restaurant for 25hrs than I would working a 38hr week at TSA Telco.
Terrible Place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA27 February 2018
The management are disgusting, threatening you with your job if you do something outside of their interested. Have been in hospital and they have asked me to come in. You get publicly named and shamed or yelled at for going on pause to go to the toilet or get a drink. No job security, can get fired for the smallest thing. And if you get fired you can NEVER work for Telstra again. Perfect for those who have sold their soul and like to scam others.
Pros
Free Lunches, prizes and comps
Cons
Management, Abuse from customers and staff
good entry level workplace, definitely not a career. anyone who has moved up has sold their soul
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 February 2018
the capacity to earn money here was good before they introduced different ways to take your money
if your 18-22 and don't want to work at maccas this is a great job, the environment is fun and you will learn alot
Pros
fast paced, good hours, flexible
Cons
bad management, bad commission structure, high turnover
Great working environment but terrible management
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 February 2018
They need to fix their management/training quite a bit as alot of people coming straight out of training have no idea what they are doing, they need more time and need to be more transparent with us and everything thats going on. Outside of that though, it is an awesome place to work and would suggest to anyone who likes to work in team environments
Racist and Biased
Associate(Intern) (Current Employee) –  Perth WA14 December 2017
Unprofessional management, racist, not diverse in attitude and biased company. I hate it and it was my worst experience ever working in TSA. I would never recommend anyone to work in such an unprofessional environment.
State Recruitment Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 November 2017
Standard working hours
You get out of the job what you put into it
Opportunity for advancement
Work hard and be rewarded
Lots of incentives
Good management
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Low base
Soul sucking work with constant rule changes.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 June 2017
If you're after boring and tedious work look no further. TSA is a workplace that expects you to follow strict procedures when cold calling customers during work hours and selling them NBN ( a failed attempt at trying to improve our internet). If it's not that, it's overpriced mobile phone plans. If you do not exceed your sales target you will not make any commission. It's a "luck of the draw job" with not nearly enough training to provide you with the skills assets to become fully compliant. The expectations are far too high from management and higher authority. Enjoy less than an hours break throughout the day and MANY hours of repeating yourself to customers who are quiet clearly happy with their current services. Do not recommend.
Pros
Some great friends to be made.
Cons
The job
Average job with a high school catty environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 June 2017
Don't get me wrong, TSA was a great place to work for the most part- if you were 'in' with the cliques. Just like high school there was the constant drama between the different colleagues from what would go down in work hours and also outside of work hours. I found a lot of people genuinely just wanted to leave but wouldn't simply because it was a stable income, but would end up in tears by the end of the day. Bullying was of high volume, and favouritism was definitely present.
Pros
feels like a family sometimes
Cons
can be some high school drama within the company
Fun workplace
Sales and retention agent (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA15 March 2017
Logging on and getting ready 15 minutes before a shift
Learnt how to deal with irate customers
Management were always pushing sales
Making a sale out of an irate customer was the hardest part
The most enjoyable parts were the perks in the break rooms
Easy to make friends in workplace & nice break areas, management were not as helpful as I had hoped.
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA5 February 2017
The management team & floor support were not as helpful as I had hoped when I first started there. It made it very hard for me to do my job as I didn't know how to do much!
Pros
3 breaks, no set uniform
Cons
Shift work, long hours, not enough help
Was a short term job to gain experience
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 January 2017
I worked for TSA to gain customer service experience to meet the requirements Auto & General requested for full time employment. This was due to being in the plumbing industry for many years and not having transferable skills to start a more stable career (the global financial crisis severely impacted the construction industry).

I did enjoy my time working for this company and made life long friends and learn a lot about corporate jobs in the process.
Pros
Great management and positive environment
Cons
High turn over of staff due to income potencial
Dishonest and unloyal
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Queen St, Brisbane15 January 2017
I worked at TSA for over 1 year and I tried my absolute best to excel consistently; which I did. I have always worked in sales and always have brought results wherever I go. This was the first place at multiple occasions my commission was taken away from me due to not meeting certain metrics. Completely unfair and on top of that they actually state the commission is "uncapped" on their own online advertisement so blatant liars is another thing to add to the list.

The managers are all undertrained and I actually got terminated due to "incorrect information" which was specifically trained to me by multiple managers over the period I was employed with TSA. The managers who taught me incorrectly got away with it and didn't back me up when I had to prove why I should remain an existing asset for the business; hence why I wrote "unloyal" above. The business' higher authority only care about the client which is "Telstra" meaning TSA isn't apart of Telstra they are a sub-contracter for them and have absolutely %0 respect for the employees' well being. The only reason I was terminated was because they can't afford to have eyes on them for being a poorly managed call centre so instead they terminate quite a large portion of their overall staff; this isn't just me, the same scenario happens very frequently. The turnover rate for staff members is absolutely ridiculous. I work in a team of 20-30 and on a calculated average 2-3 employees leave/get fired every week and every 2-3 weeks there is a brand new bunch of freshly manipulated workers.
Pros
Its a job and the employees are on average 18-25 so the environment seems vibrant
Cons
The company will always find a way to take away your commission leaving you struggling
Worst place I've worked in my life
Agent (Former Employee) –  West Perth WA31 August 2016
If you feel like you want to be back at school with cliques and the gossip this is the place for you. Along with management that will lick the butts of staff members. Don't work here it's the reason this world is full of corruption, you may as well steal off your grandmother because that's what this job is about. Target the weakness in people and make them pay for it
Pros
Cons
The whole job
Sales and customer focused workplace
Consumer Acquisition and sales agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 May 2016
its pure sales oriented job where you learn more on closing of sales with positive feedback.
Management is good, attrition rate is high as its a sales job as not all can perform in sales.
sometimes you have low sales day and most of the days are enjoyable as you are always accredited when you perform well
Pros
Accredites
Cons
Sales Driven
Not A Great Place To Work
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Leederville WA3 May 2016
This company is not the greatest place to work, they are dishonest to you from the start when it comes to pay talk and sales ethics. The management are all pretty useless on the floor but a few good and approachable coaches. I came from a strong and lengthy call centre back ground and this place was awful in comparison...

So in summary, the management fails and the company is dishonest/ evasive about certain things - the incentive scheme is not fair in my opinion either.

The best place about working here was the people I met.
Pros
Free Pizza lunch once a month
Cons
Bad Managment, Useless and Unhelpful Feedback
Horrible work place
Customer Experience and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 February 2016
There are a number of reasons why TSA Telco Group is one of the worst places I have worked at. Two of the main reasons being the management and their incentive scheme.

The management at TSA Telco Group is absolutely atrocious. Many (not all) of the managers are pathetic at their jobs. They are condescending and have little or no respect for their teams. I found alot of them take personal hits to some of their employees and there is a lot of playing favourites going on.

The incentive scheme is completely outrageous. When you are initially introduced to the job they make it sound like you are going to be earning loads of commission over your base rate - this is complete rubbish. Their commission tracking system is hardly ever correct. There is no way of actually knowing how much money you are making - they could be underpaying you and you wouldn't even know it. That alongside the fact that back of house needs to process your sales before you actually get paid for them makes it out so you hardly ever get paid for your sales. I've had sales sitting and waiting to be processed for over a month, which means my target was going up and my sales weren't being counted towards that target. Basically their incentive scheme is screwed up.

That being said, one of the good things about working at TSA is that there is a pretty good atmosphere and its easy to get along with alot of your co-workers.
it's enough for living expence
customer service and sales (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 January 2016
don't base this company on my review, as the only positive experiences i had were the friendships i had, the work is terrible and the conditions are incredibly stressful for me, and unless you are willing to suck up, and sell your soul you wont move up
Pros
half ok christmas parties
Cons
conditions are terrible and stressful
TSA Telco Group
CRM Specialist with Siebel CRM (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA6 August 2015
Excellent training
Lots of opportunities for self development
Very good management.
Efficient employee management.
I would not recommend this workplace to anyone.
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  West Perth, WA2 June 2015
I would not recommend this workplace to family or friends as the management have a very defined them and others culture.
Pros
Potential to make alot of income as working on commision
Cons
Not being paid correctly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSA Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9