Play YouTube video button

TSA Group Employee Review

Productive and fun workplace with a ping-pong table, a ''chill-out zone'' and great kitchen facilities, as well as being public transport friendly
Customer Experience and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Perth WA14 February 2019
I give TSA Group a total of 4 stars as a whole due to the following,

The Job Work/Life Balance is great however leave is provided sparingly, even in dire instances leave has to be justified with multiple documents and constant reminders. Paid sick leave is also scarce at this workplace. You comply with the unplanned absence policy, provide a doctor's certificate only to have 'sick leave - unpaid' on your payslip - in the instance you have an adequate sick leave balance. The hours vary depending on your roster yet they work well for full-time workers. The hours never exceed a start time of 9AM.

The salary and benefits isn't too bad, can't say I wasn't paid well considering my role as a sales agent. The original enticing declaration on the job description was 'uncapped incentives' however bear in mind, TSA has a budget they explain can sometimes affect your pay. So even if you exceed your targets, you can only earn so much more on top of your base salary. As for advancement, unless you engage with management in a super cosy manner to the point the personal/professional barrier is broken, you will not advance. There are only so many management positions and they hard to come by. Management who is employed at the time make it firmly clear they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Management overall isn't too bad, certain managers are lovely; efficient; personable and motivational. As a whole, they are all there to help you become a better salesperson and they really do know best. They will always have you back but remember their best interest is to push results.

The
  more... job culture is a funny one, a grey area. The staff in terms of agents are 80% lovely and friendly, where friendly conversation flows and everyone likes to help you. However as in any workplace, there is always a bad egg. One discouragement I had upon my first 2 weeks working there was the visibility of something that resembled my high school experience. There is a lot of gossip, unfriendly competition and explicit conversation which was not well managed or disciplined. Exclusions apply to certain calibres of people who genuinely do the right thing. In saying this, I have made lifelong friends at TSA that are some of the most awesome people I have ever met.
On topic, the team building games, occasional drinks out and chill-out zone do make it fun. I do however, suggest keeping your personal life at home and not bringing it to the office. This is a given, however there were unfortunate occurrences where details about an individual's personal life were disclosed upon others in spite.

Overall, I did enjoy my time there and met some lovely people. Work hard, know how to handle yourself and you will be fine. Oh and don't forget to drum into your head - you are a salesperson.
Pros
Excellent incentives for commission and team-building games
Cons
Inefficient management due to an individual who does not deserve their current position
Official response from TSA Group
6 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review TSA. We're glad that you met some great friends and enjoyed your time with us overall. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in more detail regarding the rest of your feedback. Please feel free to reach out and contact us at social.media@tsagroup.com.au.

Other TSA Group Employee Reviews

over employ very self centred company with very high staff turnover.
retention (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA16 September 2019
very high staff turnover should say it all and also expect to get ill due to untidy keyboards and always hotdesking. Very regulated and treats employees like children during training also watch out as the trainers run a number of profiling assessments on you during training.
your colleges are the only thing keeping you going
inbound sales and customer service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 September 2019
i felt in this role there was a lot of promise of more with no real body to it as well as that with accc regulations constantly being tightened it made your commission potential dwindle as you would loose all of your commission if the 2+ pages of terms and conditions weren't read verbatim
this is a great place to make you value any role you are in after here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSA Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9