TabCorp Holdings
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

TabCorp Holdings Employee Reviews

Australia44 reviews
Supportive management team, positive engagement and heavily regulated environment due to industry requirements.
More investment in frontline customer service training and stakeholder management required.
One of the best employers I have worked for.

Lots of opportunity for growth and training opportunities.

Pleasant office environment and great perks and benefits.
Very good family and work split, Good communication throughout the company, face to face with senior staff members is fantastic . Open door policy with concerns and ideas leads to easy going enviroment . The company makes you feel like part of the family .
Working with tab feels like hanging out with friends and family, the pay is wonderful and the people are amazing. The location is beautiful and always exciting.
I work full time and for a little bit of extra money working at TAB is perfect, flexible and has dictatable hours. The pay is definitely above average and for a few days work it really does help bring home a few extra dollars.
Gud benefits , grt workplace and culture.
Enjoy working in tabcorp.

Gud training program.

Enhancement in career . Gud time in lieu .

Personally enjoy parental leave.
Salary is not as per expected
Overall its a good start with Tab

Working environment is great and relaxed

Offices are nice too

Work life balance is good example to share
My immediate team is great and there are some cool people trying to change the culture. Those people + the flexibility to work from home is the only thing that's kept me sane. Otherwise, it's an old boys club. Extremely toxic. Politics and favoritism everywhere. Extremely unrealistic deadlines. Weekend work is demanded from contractors but then they're forced to take 4-6 weeks off (unpaid) over Christmas to save budget. The company is fast trying to implement immoral procedures that toe the line of regulatory and legal constraints but take advantage of the fact that those laws haven't kept up with tech advancements. Contractors in one department get pay rises of hundreds of dollars per day but permanent staff are refused pay rises at their annual reviews. I've heard colleagues threaten to push each other down the stairs (serious threat). Racist jokes fly think and fast. Middle management stomp around like big babies who need a nap and seem to offer little value. They fire good people so they can hire their own mates. Then they realize their mates are inept, fire them, and it's impossible to meet deadlines because of the high turnover. Every department is so siloed, nobody knows what is happening in any other department and it makes it impossible to innovate. Constant jokes are made about our customers being drunk and stupid - I guess respect for the employees is too much to expect from a company that doesn't even respect their customers. Revenue is bleeding out - the belts are tightening and it's being taken out on the employees.
Nice people, nice place, seems to have a good work/life balance, unfortunately, I was only there for a 3rd party short contract. I would recommend working there.
Worked in an iterative change environment. High expectation on Senior Management to implement changes & deliver results whilst in transformation mode.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TabCorp Holdings?
Great camaraderie and support from other team mates / staff, the training given was second to none, and my time there was definitely well spent, A great experience, TAB is definitely a good employer.
Pros
saturday afternoons - a great way to save some extra money
Cons
must work melbourne cup - a tuesday
Very busy role, however thought the micromanagement was a bit over the top. If you were 1 minute late to work twice in a month, all your positive performance stats at the end of the month would be affected and your stats would be dragged down to the very bottom!

Anyway, lots to learn, versatile work which required a lot of training.

Very busy, would have liked a longer lunch. Shifts were all over the place as well as all the tea breaks and lunches, couldn't adjust or establish a sense of routine, one was always trying to check or remember their next tea break or lunch? Again it was a vicious cyclone because this in itself could cause you to be late!

If you like a really busy busy atmosphere and being micromanaged down to the last minute and you like to be on your toes all the time, then thats great, work for them! I won't, I prefer structure and a bit more routine, although I can adjust to change and like change from time to time (but not this much change).

Then the hot-desking as well, there was struggle to find a seat every morning, sometimes I was "late" to work because I couldn't find a seat and my stats were affected - felt like a panicking chook in a pen!
Pros
Good rate of pay and nice customers
Cons
Micromanagement - too much of it!
Earn extra cash. Good penalty rates. Best when you work on a public holiday race day.

Get to sit down.

Helpful supervisors.

Easy job.

It is not a full time job.
Pros
Easy job n good rates
Cons
Not often getting work. Abusive customers sometimes
People are nice, its a good job, good pay, easy recruitment process, my experience was a little bit tainted due to a poor choice of team leader but no job is perfect aye!
Pros
Good pay, easy recruitment process
Cons
Little bit repetitive, groundhog day style
Tabcorp Park is a great place, good food, good cooks and the managers are nice, you just get along with most of the people and sometimes it can be hard but most of the time it’s all just fun.
Pros
Soda after work
Cons
Busy nights
Wasn't the best atmosphere, there management skills were less then ideal, weren't helpful with workplace bullying or any serious issue. Work was not enjoyable but had to be done.
Pros
discounted meals when working
Cons
It is a good company where you will be happy to start.
However, the payment is low and the management is chaos.

And you will be hard to find an opportunity to change roles or get promoted.
Pros
Good company for starter
Cons
low pay, no career path
Excellent organizations of all the teams
Really helpful with any problem at any time

Punctual payment

Good rates

Always listen to the employees and encourage to keep working.

Permanent training.
Pros
good payment rate
* Day / evening work requires assisting customers face to face on EBT machine operation, answering customers questions- refunds and customer ID checks.
Check and maintain high standards of work area presentation and safety.

*Learnt to implement patience and respect with regards to delegating with challenging customers and extra requests.

*Supportive Management with regards to training, communication with staff ( questions answered, directions, verbal, and written) shift breaks and lunch supplied during all day shift.

*Workplace Culture very diverse, inclusive and respectful with fellow staff and management from many different life backgrounds.

* Hardest part of the job is long standing times- management advises how to combat these challenges.

* The most enjoyable parts of the the job are team member and management professionalism and support ( interaction, communication and security), learning from customers ( interaction, communication and respect) and continuos learning with regards to Customer Service Representative role.
Pros
Free Lunches, Uniform shirt supplied and professional management.
Cons
Long Standing hours
The people I got to work with were kind, helpful and professional and I was given good training and support. The hardest part of the job would've been dealing with unnecessary behaviour from customers during the night, but that is every job and I eventually learnt how to cope and handle certain situations.
Tabcorp was a great place to work, I personally had an extremely supportive manager which made it easy to go to work and work hard. There are also a great group of people there that help you professionally and an even better group that are very social.