Taco Bell

Australia22 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 33,699 reviews

Very fun place to work

For a first job, it's great. Relaxed periods, to faster periods, and multiple different jobs to do. Managers and shift leaders are all generally helpful and fun. Other people working are generally fun. Very easy to start working, everyone is very helpful. Can be a bit annoying when other people don't do part of their jobs, but it's rare

Pros

Discounted food and friendly people

Cons

Can either be slightly boring with nothing to do, or a little bit stressful

Just don’t

Working in a place like Taco Bell is awful, being paid minimum wage and expected to maximum work is too much. Customers treat you like you aren’t human and made you feel awful about yourself. Co-workers have a tendency to have an attitude problem towards you depending on their position and yours. There is the occasional good moment but other than that this place is mentally, emotionally and physically exhausting.

Very stressed environment very fast paced management bad

The management was quite stressful at times and very strict. They were very focused on their company times and people lacked patience.I recommend as a first job.

Great place if it’s your first job. Lots of opportunities.

Taco Bell has a great work environment, and you’ll make plenty of new friends along the way. At times it can get stressful but you will just learn that it’s a part of life and it’s just in the moment. Working at Taco Bell I have grown to be more confident and outgoing and I say it will help me in getting to where I want to be in life.

Pros

Getting to make friends, occasionally if you work really hard and always give your best you may get rewarded.

Cons

It can go from really calm and then all of a sudden hit rush hour and you have so much to do, Some people don’t clean up after themselves which makes your job harder.

Treat you poorly, stopped getting shifts after a few months

Horrible Management, not allowed a break to catch your breath after a busy rush, get yelled at if you’re not fast enough, yet don’t give you shifts so how can you be up to speed?Stopped getting shifts after 2 months of working.Always had technical difficulties with screens so orders would be messed up.

Fun workplace to begin with

As one of the employees that started working early, I loved working there. Don't be afraid to talk to your team members as they can help you. Everything was 5 stars until the management changed. The last few managers hired are neither fun nor good at what they do and that puts the whole team down. On top of that, they think they own you and can boss you around. Last few days, seems the restaurant hasn't been cleaned therefore lots of dust and dirt have gathered ontop of areas that aren't cleaned to which my respiratory system have reacted badly to and affected me to do my work.

Pros

Music

Cons

Unpaid breaks

Fun workplace, but some less-than-good managers.

As my first job, I learnt so much from working at Taco Bell. Obviously every location has a different environment, but mine prepared me to work high speeds and efficiently. I made many friends and most coworkers were amazing, but its only downfall was a few of the managers.They were stressful, aggressive and would blame their problems on the team members. Me and a few other members quit recently due to this problem, but nonetheless, a great place to get work experience.

Pros

20% discount for food, 50% discount for food before, during and after your shifts, free drinks throughout your shift.

Cons

Rude managers, sometimes given no shifts at all or too many.

Good first job but not much else

Cannot expect hours or shifts as a casual workerSomewhat strict workplace rules (no phones, clock on when ready etc)Career progression is quite biased personally over level of skillManagement is all over the place and lacks both leadership and actual knowledgeLooks to send out breaks to get it out of the way rather than to give employees a break (eg 10 minutes into a 8 hour shift)

Pros

20% discount

Cons

Listed

An average workplace

As I started working at Taco Bell I was presented with a lack of care towards employees. Sure, we had the basic training days (about 1 or 2) but after that management did not provide me with the ability to grow or develop as a team member.

Fun workplace only when the right people are on shift

It is super fast-paced and can become stressful at times, especially if it's your first time but that's to be expected with fast food. It can be overwhelming having so many orders to complete in such a short time but with the right team with you, it's a breeze. Only con for me was management, way too harsh on the people who had only just started and didn't really help train them fully. They basically expected you to know what to do and if you made a mistake, you were looked down upon, no matter how minuscule which, personally, gave me a lot of anxiety. Actual co workers were the best though.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Not enough hours & poor management

Fast paced, productive and fun

Working at tacobell is like a roller coaster, there are times during peak hours where alot of customers come and you will become stressed but after peak hour it will be silent and you can enjoy a relaxing day.

Good job

Good job to work at if u like cook or cleaning one of the best jobs I worked at it’s a steady past so time really fly by if you a straight to business type .

Alright but very fast paced

Having been working at the south Yarra TACOBELL, I’ve really enjoyed it but it is very stressful and you don’t often get your breaks in time. When it’s busy it’s super stressful; there is almost no rest breaks even for a few minutes. Once it’s busy there’s no gap in time to relax

Fast Paced workplace

Taco Bell is fast paced and can be stressful at times. It can be difficult to learn at times, but most of the other team members there are very supportive.

fun workplace

- the best managers you could ever ask for - have never had a stable rgm - all the staff are easy to get along with - very accommodating for mental health - easy to learn more things if you are willing too

Cool place to work when the right managers are on

Taco Bell is a good place to work when the right managers are on. Lot's of them are rude and inconsiderate to their workers, but they do have good pay which is a bonus, as well as a great working team

Productive, kind people

good environment. everyone gets along. the hardest part is when it gets busy. most enjoyable part is when its calm and the customers enjoy their time spent.

nice place for a 1st job

like the staff , has a bad manager. nice work place during day , long hours if ur on closes . ok money , hours change alll the time so you never know how much urll make weekly.

Pros

discounted food

Cons

bad managemnet

Alright

The staff there where great to get along with and the place was fast paced but didn't get as much shift as I wanted as soon as I turned 18 so that was a massive con.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Not much hours

High energy work environment.

It's always a super high energy place to work, everyone is always in a good mood and the majority of the management team are extremely easy to get along with, as well as the rest of the Taco Bell team.

Pros

Great vibes

Cons

Lack of hours

Sometimes a fun workplace

Good pay and good co-workers. you get paid for staying back and get penalty rates on weekends, The only bad thing is very busy & almost always understaffed

Pros

Pay

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taco Bell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Taco Bell