TAFE Queensland Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Content Writer, Product Development Team (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD18 June 2019
Because at TAFE, they consider each of their team members on an individual level. They also identify strong and weak are of the team members and and help them overcome the hurdles
Green organisation tafe qut campus students very supportive
Cleaner - Part Time maintenance (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 April 2019
Staff very interested and great reputation reputation staff still contact students respect hard working put by staff .teachers library staff Leachers qut board members good reference staff students good respected staff members cleaning staff helped assistant professor department heads of campus government employee .staff felt loss of good cleaning labour and maintenance issues fix under campus policies safe standards clean safe campus grounds.Great interactive staff members grounds staff students teachers .
Pros
Yes qut
Cons
Hours government hours shortened
Friendly environment and well supported Staff.
AO2 Business Admin Support (Former Employee) –  TAFE Qld North Cairns19 March 2019
TAFE Qld North showed alot of support and encouragement whilst working there, I actually felt apart of the Team. Disappointed my employment had come to an end in 2016, very thankful for my time there.
Pros
Birthday morning tea & lovely bunch of flowers.
Cons
No cons
Very easy going and such a beautiful environment
RECORDS MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD2 November 2018
this job in itself worked my mind more than my muscle but I was always greeted with assistance by my co-workers if ever I needed. I was the youngest in my firm yet I wasn't treated any different from the other beautiful and intelligent men and women that I had the pleasure of working beside.
Fun
Light Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 October 2018
A typical day at Automotive TAFE QLD is fun and enjoyable but can be long.
I am still learning here
Management is good
the hardest part of the job is nothing
the most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things
Pros
Teacher, work environment
Cons
long day
The most enjoyable part of my job
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 June 2018
I love helping students new to the industry achieve their goals. I enjoy planning Inclusive learning environments and working with my fellow teaching partners.
Pros
My campus
Cons
Unclear expectations
Productive and creative workplace
Cert Beauty Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD18 June 2018
Early starts, late nights.
Entertaining a large crowd.
Interacting with children and Adults.
Sharing culture, songs and dance.
Performing 2 shows during the day and 1 at night.
Pros
Finish the job on time
Cons
Back injury
The course was amazing
Waiter and Bartender and Barista (Former Employee) –  South Brisbane QLD28 May 2018
The entire time I was doing the Certificate 3 in Hospitality, the Teachers/staff was really nice, the work I had to complete was quite easy to complete and really fun.
Pros
excellent teachers/staff, fun work
Cons
sometimes the theoretical work was difficult
Sociable aas well as Challenging role
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD14 April 2018
The role of working with various individuals possessing varying levels of education can be a challenging, but rewarding position. The requisite paperwork requires an exceptional person.
Pros
Hours of duty
Not the best Tafe
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Loganlea8 March 2018
I was a student at Loganlea Tafe and found the support to be poor.
The nursing manager had poor skills at interacting with students and was often rude
Productive and enjoyable place to work in
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 February 2018
Teaching English skills to students from non English speaking backgrounds for 5 hours a day.Also assessing students.
Administrative work also in terms of completing rolls and checklists from student assessments.
Workplace culture was great, very positive!
Most enjoyable part of my job was in building good rapport with students and teaching them according to their different abilities.
Pros
Great staff and students
Cons
A lot of admin work
Wonderful opportunity to pass my knowledge on.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Caloundra QLD19 January 2018
Enjoyed teaching very much especially the practical side. Enjoyed working with students on all levels. Enjoyed hours worked. Good team work with team.
Productive workplace
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ashmore QLD22 November 2017
Hot and busy
I learned all basics to construction
Really good management
Workplace culture is really good
Working in the hot sun
Having a pizza party at the end of the year
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
The culutre of work here is very fast paced due to semester timelines
Indigenous Student Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD13 November 2017
Any day is not the same. Students needing support. The work pace is fast due to semester timelines. Thursday am till 10am was downtime to get on top of admin paperwork
Pros
It is a safe environment to work in
Cons
Fast passed
Busy and learning everyday.
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Inala QLD4 October 2017
Making sure students are in their right classes and are not confused or upset. Keeping teachers updated on class lists and student whereabouts, data entry, answering the phones. Communicating with external clients.
I learn of new cultures everyday.
The job is very rewarding, when you see students improve their English.
great ideas
Assistant Finance Officer, Banking & Receipting (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 August 2017
New changes happening Tafe are sponsoring the Commonwealth Games and lots of new ideas and innovative ideas are happening and alot of growth, Tafe are also a corporation stepping away from Government.
Pros
not much pressure
Cons
limited advancement
Very fulfilling occupation.
INSTRUMENTATION & ELECTRICAL TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia.12 July 2017
A typical day at work would be previewing the class notes and familiarization with lesson to be presented to students. Preparing the classroom for students, i.e. setting up overhead projector if needed, and so forth. Presenting the days lesson once students had arrived. I learned that no two people are the same and we all learn at a different rate and in different ways and I must find out how to reach students and present the lessons in a fashion that is understandable to them. The management were great and very involved in attaining positive outcomes and also allowed the teachers a lot of autonomy in the classroom. The workplace culture was one of a common desire to present the best product possible to our students. The hardest part of the job was having a student who is just not able to grasp the concepts being taught, no matter how hard we tried as a team to have a successful outcome. The most enjoyable part of the job was having students who understand a concept being taught, i.e. seeing the light come on, so to speak.
Pros
Helping students learn new skills and gaining trade knowledge.
Cons
None I can think of.
excellent place to work
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 July 2017
one of the most dynamic places i have worked. culture people and job security is the best. whilst working there i found that innovative people can thrive and ideas can be actioned with a governance framework that can only be described as complete
Pros
great people, good conditions
Good job
Metal Fabrication and Welding Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD6 June 2017
work with many great trainers in a great job in FIJI came back to Australia and worked with some very professional people. Good conditions. Good training
productive
Student (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD22 May 2017
understanding and respect with each individual they take in. I find them very good with all levels of each individuals needs. There is a wind range of oppunity's for all peoples likes and needs.
Pros
Teachers are there to help at anytime needed
Cons
not inufe support to the teacher with lots of students

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TAFE Queensland. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2