TAFE Queensland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

TAFE Queensland Employee Reviews

Australia60 reviews
if you thrive on multi-tasking, fast paced mutli cultural work, this is your dream job. - need to be flexible and empathetic to customer service complaints. work load is massive and character building.- very stressful but self rewarding when you resolve issues. Staff have worked there a long time (for most) and are lovely but can be a bit short tempered but comes with the stress from workload- need more staff to cover workload but business budget restraints everywhere
Busy and a fast paced working environment which requires a lot of flexibility in working in different locations. Learnt new skills and gained knowledge
Terrible company to work for. All about politics and corrupt managers covering each others backs. Bullying and harassment is a common issue and never gets dealt with correctly by HR. Especially TAFE Queensland Gold Coast and Brisbane campuses. People “stay” their way to the top - lack of skills and experience but if you’re there long enough you’ll get promoted.
Great colleagues. Good boss. The students are ready to learn and there is a great support system in place to help all students to overcome their barriers.
good teachers, people to be around, canteen was expensive some teachers werent too great and teachers got shuffled around alot causing our learning to get jumbled up.
Management were to concerned about the money being brought in apposed to the students being taught current information . And the clients don’t know that they have put there staff into a course with material that is 8 years old . Not being paid overtime but being given toll which can’t be taken due to being busy , I go public with this information
A workplace that promotes work-life balance. TAFE QLD continue to stand out as one of the leading provider of vocational education. It campuses are designed in a eco friendly way.
Pros
Promotes health concious enviroment
Cons
can improve on career advancement in the workplace
Constantly from one crisis to another especially when the government changes. Management completely disconnected from the student experience leading to many awkward situations when students feel irrelevant
There are no processes and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Most managers have been in their jobs way too long and have lost touch with real world. You have to accept mediocrity and incompetence if you want to stay there. Every so often you find someone who is switched on and they are a beacon of light in the murky darkness.

The majority of roles are contract, there are virtually no permanent jobs even if you are willing to sacrifice your standards.
Pros
Flexible working arrangements
Cons
Poor management
good learning environment. customer service is a bit poor and phone lines are hard to get through but overall I loved my experience with TAFE and will always remember learning here.
Productive and fun workplace/school very orientated for a job good. Revit certificate course.
computer.

Revit.

software for architect and designer.

Windows
Because at TAFE, they consider each of their team members on an individual level. They also identify strong and weak are of the team members and and help them overcome the hurdles
Staff very interested and great reputation reputation staff still contact students respect hard working put by staff .teachers library staff Leachers qut board members good reference staff students good respected staff members cleaning staff helped assistant professor department heads of campus government employee .staff felt loss of good cleaning labour and maintenance issues fix under campus policies safe standards clean safe campus grounds.Great interactive staff members grounds staff students teachers .
Pros
Yes qut
Cons
Hours government hours shortened
TAFE Qld North showed alot of support and encouragement whilst working there, I actually felt apart of the Team. Disappointed my employment had come to an end in 2016, very thankful for my time there.
Pros
Birthday morning tea & lovely bunch of flowers.
Cons
No cons
this job in itself worked my mind more than my muscle but I was always greeted with assistance by my co-workers if ever I needed. I was the youngest in my firm yet I wasn't treated any different from the other beautiful and intelligent men and women that I had the pleasure of working beside.
A typical day at Automotive TAFE QLD is fun and enjoyable but can be long.
I am still learning here

Management is good

the hardest part of the job is nothing

the most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things
Pros
Teacher, work environment
Cons
long day
I love helping students new to the industry achieve their goals. I enjoy planning Inclusive learning environments and working with my fellow teaching partners.
Pros
My campus
Cons
Unclear expectations
Early starts, late nights.
Entertaining a large crowd.

Interacting with children and Adults.

Sharing culture, songs and dance.

Performing 2 shows during the day and 1 at night.
Pros
Finish the job on time
Cons
Back injury
The entire time I was doing the Certificate 3 in Hospitality, the Teachers/staff was really nice, the work I had to complete was quite easy to complete and really fun.
Pros
excellent teachers/staff, fun work
Cons
sometimes the theoretical work was difficult
The role of working with various individuals possessing varying levels of education can be a challenging, but rewarding position. The requisite paperwork requires an exceptional person.
Pros
Hours of duty
I was a student at Loganlea Tafe and found the support to be poor.
The nursing manager had poor skills at interacting with students and was often rude