TAFE Queensland Employee Reviews for Teacher

4.1Pay & Benefits
3.8Job Security & Advancement
The most enjoyable part of my job
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 June 2018
I love helping students new to the industry achieve their goals. I enjoy planning Inclusive learning environments and working with my fellow teaching partners.
Pros
My campus
Cons
Unclear expectations
Wonderful opportunity to pass my knowledge on.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Caloundra QLD19 January 2018
Enjoyed teaching very much especially the practical side. Enjoyed working with students on all levels. Enjoyed hours worked. Good team work with team.
Very fulfilling occupation.
INSTRUMENTATION & ELECTRICAL TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia.12 July 2017
A typical day at work would be previewing the class notes and familiarization with lesson to be presented to students. Preparing the classroom for students, i.e. setting up overhead projector if needed, and so forth. Presenting the days lesson once students had arrived. I learned that no two people are the same and we all learn at a different rate and in different ways and I must find out how to reach students and present the lessons in a fashion that is understandable to them. The management were great and very involved in attaining positive outcomes and also allowed the teachers a lot of autonomy in the classroom. The workplace culture was one of a common desire to present the best product possible to our students. The hardest part of the job was having a student who is just not able to grasp the concepts being taught, no matter how hard we tried as a team to have a successful outcome. The most enjoyable part of the job was having students who understand a concept being taught, i.e. seeing the light come on, so to speak.
Pros
Helping students learn new skills and gaining trade knowledge.
Cons
None I can think of.
The best part of my job was working with students and learning new things about the job role and progressing from one positon to another.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 February 2017
My typical day was busy and productive. I learnt a lot from this job. This job made me a better employee and pushed me to perform at a high standard. I learnt a lot of things from this position - customer service, computer skills, electronic filing, public speaking, dealing with complaints, conflict resolution, teaching.
The management was alright but support was minimal.
The workplace culture was always developing as workload was high and unevenly shared.
The hardest part of the job was marking a lot of assignments and meeting deadlines due to minimal support. we had to mark 50-100 assignments per cohort.
The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching and growing as a professional.
Pros
Teaching, Professioanl development
Cons
workload at the end of the semester.
Worked with some the best people of my career.
Teacher, Workplace Education (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD21 July 2015
Enjoyed every minute of the working in the culture and my co-workers team spirit, support. Offered great opportunities whilst I was there.
Most enjoyable job
Casual Teacher (Current Employee) –  work from home office20 August 2014
Enjoy interaction with on-line students and being able to work on marking at times most suitable to me.
Pros
keeps my brain active
Cons
can handle more students