TAL
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

TAL Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
Good culture, great people if you are in the right team. Nice location and amenities.

Can achieve a lot if given the right tools and environment. Progressive culture
Great company to work for. As in other large firms, there is always space for improvement of the work environment. Overall I believe they are on a good track.
A typical day at work would be arriving at work and meeting up with friends and colleagues and starting off with a COFFEE. Work, work, work till lunchtime then have a short break. The afternoons would fly by and then it was time to say goodbye for our friends and colleagues, and head off to our other "families".
What I learned in my time at TAL is to never take things for granted, and to further develop an ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE.

Management and people leaders at TAL are mostly professional and amiable

Workplace Culture is fair and professional.

Productive and fun workplace with darts etc or after work socialising

The hardest part of the job as Life Underwriter was not being able to offer standard rates to every potential customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job was reaching a prudent decision and then negotiating the acceptance of the offer.

I enjoyed working at TAL because it provided enough of a challenge to keep the employees engaged, and I would gladly work there again.
I didn't know much about TAL before I started but I can honestly say it's been a great move - the business is growing and there are some exciting projects to be a part of. TAL is large enough that there is opportunity to progress your career but small enough that you don't just feel like a cog in the wheel, you can really make a difference.
Pros
Friendly culture, flexible working, strong purpose
Cons
Lots of change, heavy workload at times
TAL are an emerging corporation in the Australian Life Insurance industry after separating from the Tower Life Group (NZ) after a takeover of the Australian arm of the company by Japan's Dai Ichi Life.

TAL are an ever changing organisation, with very strong focuses on internal culture and engagement. Employees are provided with flexible working environments and a huge range of support to retain loyalty and commitment to the employer. The average day at TAL can mean ever increasing demands on staff to deliver. TAL will continue to develop and joining the organisation at this time would be an exciting and challenging opportunity.
Pros
Flexible Working Environment, Supportive management and leave options, highly competitive salary and bonus options, internal recruitment opportunities, insurance benefits
Cons
ever changing cultural environment, constant structural change and redundancies
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TAL. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2