Talent Propeller Careers

10: Talent Propeller Careers Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Visionary management, nice people

The people at Talent Propeller are great, everyone gets on well and really makes an effort to be welcoming and friendly. It's a small office in Melbourne but relaxed. I've seen people get promoted fast so it seems like there is always oppportunity to move if you are quick to pick things up and prepared to give things a go. The managers have a good vision for the future and are always doing new things so it doesn't get boring.

Pros

Dogs in office

Cons

You have to be fast at learning things, there isn't a lot of time for training

Not worthy of employing humans

This is not a business that is managed well. The technology is old and clunky and visually unappealing. Half the time it doesn’t function as it should. Systems are slow and no onboarding or training exists whatsoever. Management is very demanding and everything has to happen immediately, in order to prevent customers from realising how incompetent the business and management really are. In the short time I’ve been here there I’ve experienced multiple systems downtime, security breaches and little regard for the well-being of staff or customers. Calls are all recorded, even phone interviews with applicants without their consent. Private staff accounts are accessed such as skype messenger in order to spy on staff. Management have encouraged a culture of belittling and bullying and if you want to see how someone will treat you I’ve been told to look at how people treat their family. The one manager’s sister works for the business and the way in which she speaks to her sibling is simply atrocious. It seems money can’t buy common decency, respect and kindness. Do yourself a favour and give this place a miss. You’re better of working elsewhere and also working with other service providers. This place is going downhill fast. Stop being mean school girls, mature and trust people more.

12 March 2020
The person who wrote this review, and is responsible for all of the recent reviews, was dismissed from our company due to serious misconduct. This person has set about to slander our business online. This person has attempted to spread their slander across multiple platforms, most of which have already banned them due to the fake online profiles they have created to post these comments. To anyone reading this, the comments are false and written by someone who’s intent is to slander and intimidate.

It wasn’t what I was told

The work was ok and my peers were nice. The culture was not fun. People would scream at, swear at and belittle others. In fact that seemed to be encouraged as a managerial approach. The dragon lady as she was known would call prospective employees the c word when she didn’t like them.

3 February 2020
Thank you for your review. This ex-employee worked with us for eight weeks. She was given an opportunity to join our team directly from university on a traineeship. The basis of this traineeship was three months in our sales team and then the opportunity to move either into our marketing or advertising teams. Unfortunately what was presented to us throughout the interview process did not transfer into reality once this person began her role with the business and that was really sad for us. Despite an extensive four week one-on-one training and induction period, this employee was unable to focus on growing in her role and spent her time disrupting others, spreading rumours, and struggling with adapting to full time hours. It is really unfortunate that this didn’t work out for either party. We acted in good faith giving an opportunity to someone with no prior work experience, with the sole desire to help them kick start their career. Unfortunately the recipient of this goodwill has not been gracious in the experience. Our hope is she learns from the experience and applies that to her next career opportunity.

Cloak and dagger surveillance

The level of micromanaging and surveillance and spying is on a whole new level. You are required to use your private skype for work and then they believe they have the right to access your account and view your messages. I used my skype n my pc once and from there only on my phone but despite that they saved my password and accessed my account and took photos of all my chats claiming that I used their computer to send the messages so they owned it. I am sorry but if I use my phone to contact your clients does that then mean I own them to? Or drive your car then it become mine to? The manager ms are clueless about employment laws and privacy laws and handle people however they please. Money is the only thing you all care about and it’s disgusting. You have bad ethos and no morals. This was literally the worst place I ever worked and absolutely nobody is happy. Trust does not exist, there is no transparency and you will do everything you can to make people feel unvalued and stripped of any power because how dare anyone have an opinion that is different to yours. Your board is a joke. They own so little shares that you get to override anything you want and what you want is damaging your business. You use people as your personal scapegoats and wil take all the glory and claim all the sales but when people make serious sales you are never around, don’t sing their praises and punish them for their efforts because they got there different to how you would. Your management approach is appalling , uninspiring and not influential. You treat people like things.

3 February 2020
We are unapologetic about our pursuit of excellence across the business and are upfront about that right from the interview stage, so potential employees can decide if this is the right place for them. Yes, we monitor business operations and statistics as most intelligent companies do. We are open with employees if performance is not meeting expectations as outlined in their position description and discuss openly what steps we can take together to improve, whether it be through further training or coaching. Unfortunately, as in this case, some people are not able to accept such feedback in a mature and open-minded manner. All private companies exist to make money. It isn’t so much disgusting is essential. Without money, staff wouldn’t get paid. Ensuring security and stability for our staff has been and will always be, our first priority.Whilst some decisions we make as an ownership team, in the interests of the greater company good, may not keep everyone happy, they are made with the intent to build a stronger business and benefit the wider group as a whole.

Where the rubber meets the road...

Great short term contract role to add some resource and grunt to the Finance Team. What I found in the role was at the client interface its all about relationships, prompt efficient service at a great price, making the process of recruiting easy and seamless. The back end is a different story however with Talent Propeller dealing with multi-national media companies in a competitive almost ruthless environment. It clearly takes special people to manage both sides and that is not for everyone. TP is certainly a company where if you've talked the talk at your interview you need to walk the walk - there is no hiding in this close knit team.

Pros

Mid size company with a big sized attitude and capability, IT platform and Tech resource is second to none, Commercial Cardio Equipment in the Melbourne office for free workouts, Great Beer and Wine Fridge!

Cons

Sometimes tight on Car Spaces in Melbourne, but the public transport and location is great!

Really great people

The best thing about working here is the people: management always selects great people and I've made some good friendships here. Because it's a tech business, things are always changing so there's constant opportunities to learn new things and people who are good at adapting get amazing chances to do new jobs quite quickly compared to other firms.

Pros

Quick promotion if you're good

Cons

You have to like working with systems and processes

Great environment and great people with great work and great future visions

There are a lot of different roles within the company so a typical day varies for everyone but you get to talk with all these different people which can make your day and the people you interact with very interesting. I have learnt a lot from Talent Propeller from how to do a basic interview through to personal relationships and issues with co-workers and how to go about it. Every one is the company is always happy to help and provide support and mentor you along the way. Management varies for everyone. We do have a lot of managers and people to report and I did clash with my manager, however, because we have other managers, there are always options, you just have to talk about your struggles and people will assist you with how to go about one single conversation through to moving division if necessary (although a last resort). The hardest part of this job is definitely the demands. As we supply services to other companies, it is about pleasing other companies and doing the best you can for them, whilst meeting your internal KPI's but everything is reachable and doable. There is the occasional late finish or an early start to accommodate meeting said demands, but so long as the job gets done and to the expected standard then everyone is happy and if you came in early and everything is done, you can leave early as well, so it is flexible to meet the demands. They also welcome new ideas and saying YES to the client even if we do not have the product as yet which is a great attitude to have and your thoughts are always welcome. The hardest thing for me is that I am -

Pros

Great people, great office, enjoyable work

Cons

Gossip can be ruthless so you do need to remove yourself from it.

A workplace that believes in always saying yes

If you are looking for an opportunity to build something from the ground up with a support network that will ensure success then Talent Propeller is the place for you.

Pros

Wine and Cheese Nights, dog friendly workplace, morning teas, days off on your bday, exposure to agency life, Partake in sporting events and, receive training plans and time of to train!

Full on Fun

It's a full on environment where change is constant, but you get to try lots of different things and have opportunities to learn. The people who work here are great - some of the best people I have met and I have made life long friendships. I started as an Advertising Coordinator, have dabbled in design, became an Account Manager then moved to help set up a new division. I have been pushed to step outside my comfort zone constantly. It's not for the faint hearted but its great fun. Friday wines at 4pm is pretty cool too.

Pros

Friday wine and cheese boards

Cons

Pursuit of excellence isn't for the faint hearted

Horrible place to work, no work life balance. Unreasonable expectations and workload for one person!

Horrible place to work, no work life balance. Unreasonable expectations and workload for one person. Do your self a favour and walk away, not worth the mental breakdown for basic pay.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

2 July 2019
We believe in giving graduates with few skills and no experience a shot. Our successful graduates have been promoted within a year, travelled internationally and become team leaders or senior partners. But for others, the realisation that deadlines are not optional and customers expect results can come as a rude shock. Yes, in advertising sometimes you have to work past 5pm but as your value increases, so does your salary. And regardless of your pay grade, you will enjoy company funded massages, weekly social drinks and a day off on your birthday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talent Propeller Careers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Talent Propeller Careers Reviews by Location