Target Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Target Australia Employee Reviews

Australia406 reviews
Target is an enjoyable work environment and teaches you important skills you would need for future jobs. The team members are nice and the managers are kind and helpful.
Pros
Good work experience and enjoyable
Cons
Can be stressful
Target Australia is a part of Wesfarmer group but no one in wesfarmer group is proud of Target and the people working in target, they treat target as a non profiting group.

Target digital management lacks awareness about digital experience and technology,

Not recommend for learning and up scaling your skills
Pros
Close to home if you are in west.
Cons
uncertainty, insecurity and lack of knowledge of managment
Management had no goals or objectives.
People are great

Made good friends

No career progression

No training

Company is a little confused about the goals and objectives.
Pros
People are great
Cons
No career progression, red tap-ism
My position at target was growing continuously and it was full filling and purposeful I enjoyed my time and the experiences I gained from my employment and the management and team member support was like a big family.
It was a great place to work and people there were all nice. A typical day at work always was busy and kept you on your toes and always had a different thing you could do never the same
Management was the worst you could never go to them about issues without it being spread through the whole store. You couldn’t even go to regional management, they just gave empty promises. Staff are treated like a number not an employee or a human being who has worked there for years. To “boost” sales they force staff to buy Target clothes to wear so “customers can see them” but don’t compensate only give a 20% discount and that is not always running. The whole place is very toxic don’t work here
Pros
Friendly Coworkers
Cons
Working at Target, especially in a small town, was an enjoyable experience. I made friends with my co workers and found it very easy to work with them. My managers always catered to our needs (i.e shift changes, sanitary products in bathrooms, provided drinks in the break room) and were never unreasonable. The work was manageable and tasks for the day were always done.
Pros
Easy going, good staff
Cons
busy, long hours
Pretty straight forward, you get to work and start doing our job.
I learnt out to run the register and work on floor to clean and help customers. The management wasn't so great, it would be nice if they didn't yell at employees in front of customers or throw you into a field without any training and also know where you're supposed to be even if it's on the roster (things can get mixed up and you could end up somewhere else that doesn't say on their roster.

The hardest part of the job was definitely making sure you're getting the right amount of money from the customer and giving the right amount of change back (very important).

I enjoyed the co workers there, they help a lot and can teach you many things. They're also the reason why you're able to continue to work and be happy as well as serving customers.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Managers
fun and happy workplace great communication and fairly treated with good pay and benefits would recommend to friends and family to work for target a Dow
Overall a good place to work. Lots of hours and long shifts if your willing to work extra hours. Stocktake is a drag . Formed strong friendships ,lots of nice people working there. Some customer were rude and demanding. Management are nice.
Target is a great place to work. The job is easy if you're willing to learn. The staff become your friends and make it so much easier to have fun while working!
pretty great job, easy going on normal days, for someone that's used to the job and its tasks. As a retail assistant, you would maintain store appearance around the clock, as well and tend to the customers and provide a great experience no matter what. public holidays it gets crazy and you really need to focus on multi tasking as well as providing 100% attention and care towards customers.
Co-workers are always nice at target, and management is fully functioning and just as kind as your co-workers. there's nothing i didn't enjoy working at Target, it was my first and favourite job so far.
A general retail outlet in a very busy regional town. Working at a Target/Target Country store is a dynamic and fluid occupation and working together as a team is advantageous to learning and production. Customer Service can be demanding especially at peak times such as the Christmas season and one is on their feet all shift, it is necessary to have good quality footwear at all times. Training instore is ongoing even after initial CSA training especially regarding safety on the job.Target Aus encourages good team workmanship with regular rewards each year and individual stores acknowledge team members effort. Customer Service can be challenging yet rewarding and job satisfaction shows in the responses of team members and customers.
Loved working at target. People there were so friendly and I was comfortable working. I knew what to do on the first day. It was pretty easy. Working with different people
Not the best pay rate considering you are managing a whole store in extended trade and working like a sales assistant and manage, i worked in ladies toiletries and lingerie but also worked in registers supervising refunds layby the pay rates are terrible considering the pressure of understaffing there is
Very good first job, lovely people, good support, good management, helped me work my way up in the business, customers can be very rude and harsh but that comes with every job
I would suggest working here only if it's your only option. Management turnover is high. You will never be given a clear instruction. And you'll be super lucky if they actually train you.
This job is an excellent choice for students wanting some pocket money however not ideal for someone wanting full time work or a job that can sustain a lifestyle
Target is a fun environment filled with bubbly team members who are constantly seeking to improve. Manager team is helpful and insightful with the work needing to be completed.
Target was my first job, as such a person is always excited. Money flows it not your account, you meet new people. The management was fine with enough department managers and store managers to keep track. After a few years, I found the job to become stale, not challenging me to the point where every time it was a trek for me to get to work knowing that I would be bored 9/10ths of the time would be a bore. What made me leave the company was the continuous changing management. Every month it felt like we had a new manager in a department that would leave a month or two in. Now I know that things happen that can’t be avoided but this creates a workspace where it is hard to connect with those higher up and creates this atmosphere of tension and whatnot. It brings morale down. So overall. Great job for a small amount of time but eventually it gets on your nerves or Bores you. At least this was my experience.
Pros
Changing of Instore locations, consistent work regime
Cons
Continuous management changes, lack of flavour
Nice working environment
a collaborative team work

Friendly management

Lovely workplace culture

The most enjoyable part of my job is that greeting customers help customers to find they are looking for
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target Australia. Our community is ready to answer.