Target
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Target Employee Reviews

Australia170 reviews
Target is a well known company for looking after/satisfying its customers, but they also look after their employees just as much, love working here, such a great environment
The work that you do is very easy and gives you a great experience of the workforce. The team can be a bit exclusive, but is made up for with competent management. The more time you have, the more hours you can work, but you need specific hours free, so some events that have inconvenient times can reduce your hours significantly. Conversations with customers tend to go well, and management give you a lot of leniency is solving problems with customers.
Pros
Great breakout rooms
Cons
Struggle to build connections with other team members
I enjoyed the people i worked with, some of the management staff could have been a little nicer to their staff. this a good job if you are studying. you do learn little things such as how to speak to a customer and you learn a whole new respect for retail staff
Pros
discounts.
Cons
sometimes they weren't accommodating and was made to feel awful even if you were a casual staff
An amazing first job to have, the people are amazing and I've made some life long friends from it. I highly recommend working here. The pay is great and the managers truly care.
Very good company to work for. Have heard mixed reviews about other stores but I've enjoyed my time working at target. You get experience in many different areas as a casual and proper training,
working at target was a fun and interesting experience because i got to discover skills i didn't know i had. i was faced with some challenges but with the help of my managers and coworkers i was able to get through them with ease. i highly recommend target bankstown.
Target was a happy and productive environment, lot's of work got done and the staff are really nice the smaller location makes the whole store more accessible.
I really enjoy my job as a customer service assistant as I feel it assists me in building basic social skills when assisting customers. I also feel I learn a lot through my peers where I am taught new skills such as merchandising fashion and how to pair clothing items.
I unfortunately was working at Target as a working experience student. So obviously we didn't get paid. But i'll think twice. The job is very productive, collaborative, safe, and fun to work in. It may also be fast-paced, challenging and stressful, but in the end its worth it. The atmosphere of having to meet different customers everyday is spectacular and full of surprises. If i had worked their as a full/part time or a casual, i'd recommend this job. But only for those who is willing to undertake the role and has passion for the retail industry or if you would like to give it a go, i tell you, go for it! great experience. The team members are friendly. They make the job look easy.
at target i learned so much, target gave me the experience and confidence i needed, i absolutely miss working there and would work there again in a flash!
Place is run on favoritism and not work qualities from Management down to Team leaders. Certain Team Leaders were too busy trying to be everyone's friend instead of manning up and showing great Leadership.
Management was unorganised but somehow pulled through most of the time. Pay was amazing as a student but later on, becomes very basic. I recommend it for people studying at high school or uni but not as a long term career.
The set up and fixtures of the store are designed to assist in working efficiently. Our team members are helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job was getting all the stock down to the sales floor.
was working on my own the team leader had me doing jobs which was easy for me and they where really nice people the management where very nice and helpful the best part of the job is helping people
the general workers are good just the management seems to work everyone like no tomorrow due to timelines , equipment supplied was faulty.Overall it was an experience and learning curve
Learnt a lot of new skills and enjoyed working for the first year but became new managers became increasingly uncooperative and forced the culture to become very stressful and not an inviting place to be working.
Pros
Meet great people and very good interview process
Cons
Management was a bit scattered and uncooperative
Target is a great place to work at, every-time I go into work the team members always great me with a smile on their faces. The customers are great always saying hello as they walk pass. I really enjoy working at Target
I had only worked here for two weeks because it was during work experience for school, I had learn't a lot here how the employers worked and the customers. They we're quite rough there but it is understandable since they we're experienced individuals.
It's a great atmosphere for young students who are looking for a side job whilst studying, wouldn't recommend working here past the age of 20.........
Enjoyed working at Target.
Great environment.

Staff looked after and respected.

Very good teams members to work alongside.

Good staff ethics

Great products and services.
Working at Target Northland has allowed me to expand my knowledge on what working in retail is like. There's always work to do, Staff are helping each other always, you learn new things everyday about work safety, how to ensure a proper secure environment is in place, how to communicate with customers and how to manage stock. There's never a dull moment