Target Employee Reviews

Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW14 May 2019
i hate it a lot
it sucked
i didnt have fum
the employees r mean and belittle u
i relly dont like working the all u do is stack shelves and get talked to to much
good people
Workplacement (Former Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW28 March 2019
eveyone was nice, because they liked me. they also were so generous and understanding of all situations put at hand. this became it much more easier for me
Very friendly staff members
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 March 2019
enjoyed it kept me busy, very friendly staff members who were kind and generous, customers were easy going and gentle. manager was a lovely lady who was helpful and understanding
Good job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC23 March 2019
I was a good hard worker and I was always on time for work and I was always helping customers and I am good at answering telephone calls and I had to clean the store
Harsh working environment
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Picton NSW14 February 2019
When i worked at target i met a great bunch of workers that were very dedicated to their job. Unfortunately the management there wasn't so great. It made me sad to see all the workers scared of how management would react when they needed a day off, even if it was for a family reason.

But overall, i enjoyed working at target, it was a great first job.
Pros
The People
Cons
fun workplace with term members
Causal (Current Employee) –  Buranda QLD23 January 2019
My experience at target was very good, i learned and developed my communications skills.The daily job was to tidy up the clothing sections picked the shoes and fitting rooms and as needed helped out on the registers.
Cons
not many hour
awesome
WORK PLACEMENT (Former Employee) –  tuggrah23 November 2018
target is a fun and safe environment for anyone to work in, things get done on time and every one is super nice. the managers are the absolute best! i loved working there. ...and there break room is actually really decent compared to some. the hardest part of job was not knowing where things were at first and what to do with items that were misalliances.
productive and fun workplace environment to work in
Target Australia (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 November 2018
my experience at target was very good, i learned and developed my communications skills as one of my duties was customer service.
the manager was very nice and always assisted me when i needed help and as for the workers, they were very positive, nice, happy and supportive which made me more motivated to work.
the hardest part of the the job i'd say was getting rid of out of date foods [ the junk food ] and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help and assist people who were in need of help and would always thank and complimented me on my work and assistance.
Pros
free lunches
Overall Terrible Experience.
Customer Service, Door Greeter, Homewares (Former Employee) –  Queensland26 September 2018
Personally, the store I worked in was terrible. The managers cared more about the store than the employees working for them, and were more often than not always rude to us. They never communicated shift changes and just expected you to always be available when they needed you, and even when genuinely could not take a shift that needed to be covered, you were made to feel bad for doing so. Quite a few times after returning from holidays, I personally received heavy shift cuts, to the point where I could go without work for weeks, which almost felt like a form of 'punishment'. You were expected to teach yourself new things you hadn't done before, as management would not want to waste time in doing so, and then when you messed up you would be critiqued quite rudely for doing so. Overall it was a very degrading and exhausting 2 years with the company. Every shift felt like a chore, and that's not how working should feel.
Pros
(Most) Customers
Prefer not to
Senior Design Director-Footwear & Accessories (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 September 2018
Prefer not to review. Not interested in relating my experiences within Target Australia. Very negative relationship with management and employees imported from the US.
Was okay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palmerston NT24 July 2018
Hours were odd, People I worked with were quiet rude towards me because of my age. the boss was rather rude and didnt listen to our complaints all too well.
Pros
Store location
Cons
Work colleagues
Not the greatest of companies
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield QLD7 May 2018
I worked under target for just under a year. they didn't carry respect for education, and would expect them to be put over school or university. However, I enjoyed being able to interact with many types of people over my year.
interesting
register operator (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA7 May 2018
assisting customers
how to put together an outfit on a mannequin
management were great very helpful when I was still learning
the hardest part was keeping up with the new stock
the most enjoyable part was seeing the new stock as its going out on the floor
Self Experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Roselands NSW2 May 2018
working there temporary was a good experience, got to know a little bit about how things work there, friendly staff, great working environment , mixing with social life depends on self and what you like.
Great experience with many good memories
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Western Australia30 April 2018
After school i would come home, get ready and catch the bus to work. I would also work on weekends.
My duties were to:
- Tidy and arrange stock on shelving.
- Help customers with their inquiries.
- Serve customers on the tills.
The management were very structured and always made me clear on what i had to do.
The hardest part of the job was working during festive holidays, because it was busy and there would constantly be customers waiting for help.
The most enjoyable part of working with Target would have to be the satisfaction a customer feels when you find what they are looking for from the reserves (back of store).
Pros
improvement of communication and teamwork
warehouse and floor
Retail and Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Airport West VIC23 March 2018
during my 2 weeks at target for work experience, my job was to go on the floor and help people on what they were looking for. And also was also put out the warehouse to help out the deliveries that came into the store.
Employees were nice.
Casual Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gympie QLD21 March 2018
In a typical shift at target I would serve customers and tidy the store. I recently went on a once in a life time trip with my family to Canada and LA. After I notified them for the 3rd time through kronos my mother was called and old that she should cancel our trip. I had previously told them in the interview and then when the manager came back from maternity leave.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Expected to be free whenever they needed me for a shift
Little time but enjoyed the time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 March 2018
Working at target was a great opportunity and great experience for my first job. They accommodated to my needs as a school student as only gave me shifts outside of school hours. The daily job was to tidy up the clothing sections and fitting rooms and as needed helped out on the registers.
Pros
Good shifts
Cons
Poor pay
Great work place with friendly team members
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taree NSW22 February 2018
The work vibe within the stores are very high and positive.

Always was enjoyable to work in the store.

The customers that would come into the store would leave with a smile on their face and something under their arm!
Pros
great team members/ management/ work parties and outings
Cons
customers are still customers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taree NSW11 February 2018
my employment with target was very short but i enjoyed it great management happy helpful staff and they were great to work for if i could have i would have kept this job too
Pros
everything
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

511.5K