Target
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Target Employee Review

Easy-going and fun workplace

23 January 2018
It was more or less an enjoyable workplace to be in; the staff were quite friendly and were willing to help out with any issues that I had. Being a bit of a cleaning freak, there was a lot of opportunities to tidy up products, however their management is a bit loose in terms of cleanliness. I really enjoyed working at the change rooms where a lot of people commute, I became engrossed with looking after people's shopping and giving it back when they came out alongside reorganizing returned clothing; time flew by really quickly when you're enjoying work. I do wish however that there was a more effective way of preventing theft in the change rooms as I once or twice found ripped packaging whilst I was cleaning, although I believe that it was significantly decreased when I continuously checked people's belongings or shopping despite the annoyed glances.
Pros
Hospitable environment, friendly staff
Cons
Lack of security
12 August 2020
Same role
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - Wodonga Plaza VIC
Target is a well known company for looking after/satisfying its customers, but they also look after their employees just as much, love working here, such a great environment
17 March 2020
Same role
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) - Melbourne VIC
Usually just serving customers and clearing stock. It teaches you skills on how to work fast while also helping customers, I would highly recommend working at Target.
22 January 2020
Same location
Retail, Stock and Customer service (Former Employee) - Parramatta NSW
At Target, maintaining a healthy relation with both your team members and leaders is quite important to get work done. Customer service is the number one priority however the somewhat lack of work members was a bit surprising. Some workers are kept constantly busy with mundane or repetitive tasks. Some workers have been able to be promoted by transferring stores. Management was adequate with a full team meeting at least every 1-2 days. Somewhat physically draining with getting around the store for a few hours straight. Lunch break was roughly 1-1.5 hours depending on your shift. You get to meet a variety of people, due to customer service, which comes with both benefits and challenges. It was enjoyable to assist customers and create some positive work relations.
  1. Easy-going and fun workplace