Target
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Target Employee Reviews

Found 53,068 reviews matching the search
Manager was very helpful and supportive when I work there and co workers that was quite a few years ago I know new policy’s and regulations are different now but when I work there it was a very good environment, we support and help each other there no complaints we cover shifts it was like family that is do important today’s cause we all spend more time at work
it was overall a good place to work, with a nice work culture. I enjoyed most of the people, and there was always someone you could ask for help. There were definitely some people who could've been nicer, but overall everyone was kind.I worked seasonal and whether or not I would be hired year-round was left very in the dark to me, leaving it unclear whether or not I had job security. Pay was good, however after November/December it became difficult to get hours. They offered a lot of benefits, however there were some caveats about what you were qualified for that they didn't tell you.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not schedules often
I worked over the holidays and it’s what you expect when you’re hired. There’s a lot of stocking. Employee discount was only 10% which was kind of lame
Pros
Good amount of breaks, decent pay
Cons
Bad discount, repetitive
Super understaffed, if in general merchandise you’ll be doing more work than you’re supposed to then get told you’re going too slow. They need to hire more people especially cashiers but they won’t. Honestly wouldn’t recommend this place other than the pay is good but adds so much stress to your life.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management, super understaffed you’ll do double the work
Fine. Target is a fine place to work for if you want a well paying part time job. They will be a real hassle with you when trying to get hours that fit you schedule however.
Pros
$15 per hour
Cons
Its retail
It was a decent job. Staff was friendly. Manager was nice as well.. kind of passive agressive but overall a good job. Clean environment as well. Just a little disorganized with scheduling
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
N/a
Overall it’s just okay working here. Honestly the pay is the only thing keeping me here. I don’t really see much help from management aside from one manger. I know that “the customer is always right” but it seems like the customers are allowed to walk all over us and we get no type of back up from management.
I worked seasonal and it was a great environment. Fun and fast paced during holidays Very good management who listens and cares for their employees while still acting/ standing in the management role. Good benefits and good start out pay.
Pros
Starting Pay and benefits
Cons
On your feet all day
If you like to be exploited for $13 per hour. Hopefully is better now that they pay $15 per hour. They are always understaffed and they always ask you to cover other departments.
Pros
Free food sometimes
They take forever to run a background check. They don’t have any opportunities for anyone with a criminal background/history to explain their situation. They have prerequisites and if you have anything on your record you will not get hired and they’ll take a month or more to contact you and that if they decide to contact you. Otherwise they’ll leave you hanging. Quick turn around but lots of chances to grow and learn and pick up good daily values and skills
Pros
Nice pay, benefits after a probation time after hire
Cons
Terrible flexibility and your bosses are the main source of gossip and high school like shenanigans.
Maybe it’s only the one in Lee’s Summit because it’s Lee’s summit but people were just a bit too stuck up for me. Couldn’t ask questions often either. Besides that I love the job itself and customer service is very rewarding. Management it’s just pretty important in the end.
Florence Target location is not good at communication or understanding work related issues, they have secret agendas and shows favoritism. They have no respect or care for those infected by this covid outbreak.
The job itself wasn't the problem, The only bad part about the job is that it get very repetitive after awhile. Management and co workers are nice most of the time. Key word "most" emotions do seem to get the best of people here and it shows in their work and how they treat you. Its a weird disciplining "make sure you know your place" kind of cycle that eventually catches up to you for nothing. Hours are never guaranteed. Good luck getting what you ask for, even if you do get a good amount one period the next will be mediocre. Favoritism is blatantly obvious and they hang it over your head because they know you what/NEED the hours while they waltz around the store all day doing nothing and just gossiping. if you can put up with the high school atmosphere this place boasts than you should fine the work itself bearable but nothing more.
Pros
None other than the standard work perks, 401k, coverage, employee discount, etc.
Cons
too many to name
Super great place to work with very nice people, there’s always room to improve but a great first job! I recommend to anyone trying to work here to ask managers what positions need to be filled.
Working at Target is a pretty straight forward job. They are very open to diversity and encourage employees (or “Team members”) to be themselves and not hide their individuality (piercings, tattoos, colorful hair, etc are never asked to be hidden. The pay is fairly good for the job, and they are very flexible for whatever schedule you need to work around. The only downfall to working here is you must have a good amount of stamina. You’ll spend all day on your feet, lifting and reaching up and down to put things where they belong, and no time to sit down aside from during your break.
Pros
Flexible schedules, good pay, individuality encouraged, very friendly coworkers
Cons
Must be up for standing, walking, lifting during your entire shift.
I worked at Target for 3 years at both the RDC and FDC. I "enjoyed" my time working at the RDCbut the FDC was just a hot mess. you will be yelling at a computer for most of the work day as the swisslog system just crashes, glitches out, or will just flat out not work 70% of the time.HR for the FDC in Cedar Falls is worthless. everytime I took a paid vacation I would have to remind them to pay me for it.
Pros
Pay, schedule
Cons
Hr, swisslog
I enjoyed my time working for target. I learned a lot through the years and became really independent on my daily tasks. I was able to grow and lead others.
Definitely don’t recommend it. It’s exhausting mentally and there is no work/life balance. You’ll get 20-25 hours a week unless it’s the holidays and the managers have no idea what they are doing.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad management
Favoritism and there's never a real sense of being wanted or needed by the business except for when you have multiple jobs you have to do on top of yours and most of them aren't even in your department. You may be told you are full time but you will end up working less than the part times or more than you can handle and you can't change your hours for up to 3 weeks. If something comes up and you work, you're stuck working because everyone is already stuck working or planned something else. You will get fired for the smallest thing or won't tell you if you are actually temporary until you are working when they tell you you're fired after a # of days. You never know what you are walking into. I walked into work and was fired after being there for 30 minutes when they spent all day getting someone to take my shift because they knew before I even came to work that they weren't keeping me the rest of my shift.
Any manager WILL show favoritism and if you are not the favorite you will get nowhere within the company, they say to ask for help but will get annoyed if you do and outright tell you they are too busy.
Pros
31 minute lunches.
Cons
Awful leadership, lack of communication, favouritism, and termination on small issues.
The is not the idea place to work I’ve been lied on by my managers I got hit by a door form one who yelled at me if you call corporate they retaliate and if they put a false case on me which another HR from corporate had to tell me I wasn’t
  1. Employee Reviews