Target Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 14 reviews matching the search See all 42,505 reviews
Easy-going and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW23 January 2018
It was more or less an enjoyable workplace to be in; the staff were quite friendly and were willing to help out with any issues that I had. Being a bit of a cleaning freak, there was a lot of opportunities to tidy up products, however their management is a bit loose in terms of cleanliness. I really enjoyed working at the change rooms where a lot of people commute, I became engrossed with looking after people's shopping and giving it back when they came out alongside reorganizing returned clothing; time flew by really quickly when you're enjoying work. I do wish however that there was a more effective way of preventing theft in the change rooms as I once or twice found ripped packaging whilst I was cleaning, although I believe that it was significantly decreased when I continuously checked people's belongings or shopping despite the annoyed glances.
Pros
Hospitable environment, friendly staff
Cons
Lack of security
Well-organised workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wantirna South VIC1 January 2018
Over my 5 days of Work Experience, I had worked in the warehouse unpacking boxes, and in the store stocking returned items, pricing items and cleaning displays.
fun work place, ind people
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Glenquarie nsw21 November 2017
it is a good working place with caring people. they provide good working hours and has helped me with better retail knowledge. the work culture at target is an experience that is a good space
Short time
Customer Service Assistant/Fitting Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charlestown NSW6 July 2017
I worked here briefly. Good environment for retail, lost of nice people, good hours and nice people to work with. Would work here again, although I moved so i couldn't
Pros
nice people
Productive and fast paced
Retail assitant (Former Employee) –  Geraldton WA29 June 2017
- excellent staff to work with, as they allow you to learn on the job, and give great feedback to learning new skills and ethics in your desired area.
An okay workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Morang VIC22 June 2017
The management has gotten worse each year due to managers being fired for theft and not being fair towards employees. Can be hard to get a shift due to the store not having enough money to pay staff.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
management is not good
Fast paced and fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrnambool30 May 2017
This position allowed a lot of customer contact. It was fantastic for improving my skills when dealing with customers and problems due to issues with stock as well as experience with till operations.
Pros
Daily quotas
Cons
Standing in the spot
active and fast paced work environment
Store assistant (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Merrylands NSW17 May 2017
working in Target is pretty exciting, you always have to be active and on your feet. you have to enjoy hands-on work and you have to learn to multitask at the same time.

while working in target I learned a lot of things especially I enriched my product knowledge and adapted the manner how you should handle a hard customer while having a smile on your face.

in the store, all the other staff was helpful and understanding.
Great place
Retail sales and floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA4 April 2017
Good work environment with good people. flexible work hours and days to roster. able to work in different departments and learn new skills. great for all agaes
Pros
good hours
Cons
late nights
Target has gone downhill
Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  NSW18 February 2017
Management is absolutely insane, put so much pressure on employees. No shifts are given out, no staff which leaves each employee with 4 departments to clean. Mostly the management tend to make it a worse experience. Absolutely no staff incentives. Definitely not a place to work at for lifetime.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor management, no staff incentives, too much pressure.
Productive and comfortable work place
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 January 2017
While working part-time at Target Beerwah my duties included serving customers, both in store and on the phone, setting up and finalising lay-buys and tidying the store floor and the back dock.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Short Shifts
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Marys NSW7 December 2016
-Work was pretty fun, typically busy but fun.
-I learn how to push a big trolley. I also learnt that if you were new, there will always be that one person who legit doesn't like you for no reason. My first day at work, my manager told me to go with this person and bring out the big trolley for the boxes and I was struggling to push the trollys because I didn't know how to operate it, I even asked her to help me but she didnt even help. Untill I had a different co-worker shoe my how to put the big trolley.
-The management was alright
-My co-workers were amazing to work with. Well except for one person.
-The hardest job would be moving a lot of boxes alone.
-My most enjoyable job was ripping the cardboard boxes and just being able to do something at work.
Pros
Met new people
Cons
Had someone not like me for no reason
A big learning curve
Store Assistants (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA20 May 2016
I stared at work different times every day, early mornings to late nights. I would start on the registers and stay on the registers for majority of my shift and help out replenishment or shelf layouts if needed. I learnt something new everyday but having experience made it easy for me and also learnt different ways of doing things like setting up new layouts. My co-workers were amazing we all got along and worked together. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting a lot of different people and that everyday was different.