Target
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Target Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Target is a well known company for looking after/satisfying its customers, but they also look after their employees just as much, love working here, such a great environment
Usually just serving customers and clearing stock. It teaches you skills on how to work fast while also helping customers, I would highly recommend working at Target.
Stocking shelves each day, cleaning, answering phone calls every now and then, to receive enquiries from co-workers. Not much was really attended for when doing the 80hrs experience.
unfair place to work, terrible management skills. underpaid, unfair rights and unstable working conditions. unfair team members, and management staff.
It was very nice and cool. I loved working there. It was very brilliant. I was lucky to work there, they delivered my newborn child. I love Target, so much.
Target was my first retail experience, and it was just the start I needed. The hours were a bit much as a school student, however, the shifts were usually very enjoyable.
Very tiring, the employers overworked me and my friends. Day consisted of cutting boxes and stacking merchadise with only an hour break, while our working hours were around 8 hours
this job has amazing management who genuinely care about their workers at their best interest. this job also offers good leave, good electronic system and a lot off opportunity.
Pros
good management
Cons
during my 2 weeks at target for work experience, my job was to go on the floor and help people on what they were looking for. And also was also put out the warehouse to help out the deliveries that came into the store.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Target?
It was more or less an enjoyable workplace to be in; the staff were quite friendly and were willing to help out with any issues that I had. Being a bit of a cleaning freak, there was a lot of opportunities to tidy up products, however their management is a bit loose in terms of cleanliness. I really enjoyed working at the change rooms where a lot of people commute, I became engrossed with looking after people's shopping and giving it back when they came out alongside reorganizing returned clothing; time flew by really quickly when you're enjoying work. I do wish however that there was a more effective way of preventing theft in the change rooms as I once or twice found ripped packaging whilst I was cleaning, although I believe that it was significantly decreased when I continuously checked people's belongings or shopping despite the annoyed glances.
Pros
Hospitable environment, friendly staff
Cons
Lack of security
Over my 5 days of Work Experience, I had worked in the warehouse unpacking boxes, and in the store stocking returned items, pricing items and cleaning displays.
it is a good working place with caring people. they provide good working hours and has helped me with better retail knowledge. the work culture at target is an experience that is a good space
I worked here briefly. Good environment for retail, lost of nice people, good hours and nice people to work with. Would work here again, although I moved so i couldn't
Pros
nice people
Cons
- excellent staff to work with, as they allow you to learn on the job, and give great feedback to learning new skills and ethics in your desired area.
The management has gotten worse each year due to managers being fired for theft and not being fair towards employees. Can be hard to get a shift due to the store not having enough money to pay staff.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
management is not good
This position allowed a lot of customer contact. It was fantastic for improving my skills when dealing with customers and problems due to issues with stock as well as experience with till operations.
Pros
Daily quotas
Cons
Standing in the spot
working in Target is pretty exciting, you always have to be active and on your feet. you have to enjoy hands-on work and you have to learn to multitask at the same time. while working in target I learned a lot of things especially I enriched my product knowledge and adapted the manner how you should handle a hard customer while having a smile on your face. in the store, all the other staff was helpful and understanding.
Good work environment with good people. flexible work hours and days to roster. able to work in different departments and learn new skills. great for all agaes
Pros
good hours
Cons
late nights
Management is absolutely insane, put so much pressure on employees. No shifts are given out, no staff which leaves each employee with 4 departments to clean. Mostly the management tend to make it a worse experience. Absolutely no staff incentives. Definitely not a place to work at for lifetime.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor management, no staff incentives, too much pressure.
While working part-time at Target Beerwah my duties included serving customers, both in store and on the phone, setting up and finalising lay-buys and tidying the store floor and the back dock.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Short Shifts
-Work was pretty fun, typically busy but fun. -I learn how to push a big trolley. I also learnt that if you were new, there will always be that one person who legit doesn't like you for no reason. My first day at work, my manager told me to go with this person and bring out the big trolley for the boxes and I was struggling to push the trollys because I didn't know how to operate it, I even asked her to help me but she didnt even help. Untill I had a different co-worker shoe my how to put the big trolley. -The management was alright -My co-workers were amazing to work with. Well except for one person. -The hardest job would be moving a lot of boxes alone. -My most enjoyable job was ripping the cardboard boxes and just being able to do something at work.
Pros
Met new people
Cons
Had someone not like me for no reason
  1. Retail Sales Associate