Target Management reviews

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 43,465 reviews
amazing management.
retail assistant (Current Employee) –  Camberwell VIC11 August 2019
this job has amazing management who genuinely care about their workers at their best interest. this job also offers good leave, good electronic system and a lot off opportunity.
Pros
good management
boring
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW14 May 2019
i hate it a lot
it sucked
i didnt have fum
the employees r mean and belittle u
i relly dont like working the all u do is stack shelves and get talked to to much
Harsh working environment
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Picton NSW14 February 2019
When i worked at target i met a great bunch of workers that were very dedicated to their job. Unfortunately the management there wasn't so great. It made me sad to see all the workers scared of how management would react when they needed a day off, even if it was for a family reason.

But overall, i enjoyed working at target, it was a great first job.
Pros
The People
Overall Terrible Experience.
Customer Service, Door Greeter, Homewares (Former Employee) –  Queensland26 September 2018
Personally, the store I worked in was terrible. The managers cared more about the store than the employees working for them, and were more often than not always rude to us. They never communicated shift changes and just expected you to always be available when they needed you, and even when genuinely could not take a shift that needed to be covered, you were made to feel bad for doing so. Quite a few times after returning from holidays, I personally received heavy shift cuts, to the point where I could go without work for weeks, which almost felt like a form of 'punishment'. You were expected to teach yourself new things you hadn't done before, as management would not want to waste time in doing so, and then when you messed up you would be critiqued quite rudely for doing so. Overall it was a very degrading and exhausting 2 years with the company. Every shift felt like a chore, and that's not how working should feel.
Pros
(Most) Customers
Prefer not to
Senior Design Director-Footwear & Accessories (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 September 2018
Prefer not to review. Not interested in relating my experiences within Target Australia. Very negative relationship with management and employees imported from the US.
Was okay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palmerston NT24 July 2018
Hours were odd, People I worked with were quiet rude towards me because of my age. the boss was rather rude and didnt listen to our complaints all too well.
Pros
Store location
Cons
Work colleagues
interesting
register operator (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA7 May 2018
assisting customers
how to put together an outfit on a mannequin
management were great very helpful when I was still learning
the hardest part was keeping up with the new stock
the most enjoyable part was seeing the new stock as its going out on the floor
Great experience with many good memories
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Western Australia30 April 2018
After school i would come home, get ready and catch the bus to work. I would also work on weekends.
My duties were to:
- Tidy and arrange stock on shelving.
- Help customers with their inquiries.
- Serve customers on the tills.
The management were very structured and always made me clear on what i had to do.
The hardest part of the job was working during festive holidays, because it was busy and there would constantly be customers waiting for help.
The most enjoyable part of working with Target would have to be the satisfaction a customer feels when you find what they are looking for from the reserves (back of store).
Pros
improvement of communication and teamwork
Great work place with friendly team members
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taree NSW22 February 2018
The work vibe within the stores are very high and positive.

Always was enjoyable to work in the store.

The customers that would come into the store would leave with a smile on their face and something under their arm!
Pros
great team members/ management/ work parties and outings
Cons
customers are still customers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taree NSW11 February 2018
my employment with target was very short but i enjoyed it great management happy helpful staff and they were great to work for if i could have i would have kept this job too
Pros
everything
Easy-going and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW23 January 2018
It was more or less an enjoyable workplace to be in; the staff were quite friendly and were willing to help out with any issues that I had. Being a bit of a cleaning freak, there was a lot of opportunities to tidy up products, however their management is a bit loose in terms of cleanliness. I really enjoyed working at the change rooms where a lot of people commute, I became engrossed with looking after people's shopping and giving it back when they came out alongside reorganizing returned clothing; time flew by really quickly when you're enjoying work. I do wish however that there was a more effective way of preventing theft in the change rooms as I once or twice found ripped packaging whilst I was cleaning, although I believe that it was significantly decreased when I continuously checked people's belongings or shopping despite the annoyed glances.
Pros
Hospitable environment, friendly staff
Cons
Lack of security
Friendly Environment
Team Member (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Helensvale QLD16 January 2018
I appreciate the employees and management I am surrounded by as they create a fun, friendly and safe environment in the workplace. I have learnt many skills and also built on the skills I previously had. When the store begins to become busy, it can be hard to complete the current task given by management. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to have fun with colleague whilst still getting the set task complete. Target is a great first job to have.
Pros
Fun and friendly team members
Cons
Long Hours
I love working at target. I’ve been there for 14 years. Management and staff are very supportive and fun to work with.
Customer service assistant. Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  St Marys NSW7 January 2018
I work with is company for14 years. Management and staff are very easy to work with and supportive. Not only I work in the cosmetic department I also helped out in ladies and menswear. The only reason why I’m looking for another job is because I need a full time job and something different.
Pros
Close to home. Nice place to work.
Cons
Not enough hours
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Waverley VIC13 October 2017
Good place to work. Management is a bit soulless, but working here will equip you with good retail skills and will teach you how to zone out and just focus and get the job done.
Welcoming place, convenient to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Templestowe VIC18 September 2017
My experience with Target was overall enjoyable. The team was very friendly and good at what they did.

The hardest part of the job was adapting to the new log-in system which became an issue for me

The Management was so wonderful. The store manager and others who were involved were so passionate about what they did and were being concerned with the overall wellbeing of their staff. they never came short with the support they offered.

i enjoyed working at the registers the most as it was fast paced and i got to talk to different kinds of people every day

if there is anything that i will complain about it would be the amount of shifts that were given out. consider how the store was closing down and there was not a lot of money coming in, nonetheless, i eventually very rarely got a shift and i found this frustrating.
Pros
discounted products
Cons
not enough shifts were given
Diverse
Sales Assistant / Register Operation (Former Employee) –  Inner West NSW10 August 2017
A very diverse job where you are asked to do alot of different tasks

Workplace culture was quite friendly

Management were also friendly

Could get have very busy days or very quiet days
Pros
Discounts
Wide range
Target work experience (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 August 2017
Has a wide range of working areas where it helps you build on you skills and qualities while keeping you busy with the daily schedule. Management is outstanding and everyone is very friendly and cooperative.
Great workplace to begin career
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sale VIC8 August 2017
All around good environment and great team, good management,

Great support, flexible hours, good community.

Sad to go!
typical retail day
Customer Service/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW20 July 2017
greet all customers with a smile. everyday I learn something new. Management is always on the floor helping as much as they can. the culture within the work place is diverse and acceptable. hardest part of my job at this moment in time is trying to move forward within that career. most enjoyable part is working with nice and pleasant people.
Pros
simple tasks
Cons
not always busy
great team spirit
FLOOR STAFF (Former Employee) –  Bribie Island QLD13 July 2017
Great to work for.
Learned about complaints and returns compliants.
Management was fabulous.
Workplace culture was great.
Hardest part was setting up for catalogues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

512K