Target Employee Reviews

Found 109 reviews matching the search See all 42,612 reviews
Great work place with friendly team members
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taree NSW22 February 2018
The work vibe within the stores are very high and positive.

Always was enjoyable to work in the store.

The customers that would come into the store would leave with a smile on their face and something under their arm!
Pros
great team members/ management/ work parties and outings
Cons
customers are still customers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taree NSW11 February 2018
my employment with target was very short but i enjoyed it great management happy helpful staff and they were great to work for if i could have i would have kept this job too
Pros
everything
Cons
Productive, fast-paced and fun.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chatswood NSW7 February 2018
Working at Target was a fast-paced and busy workplace that provided learning retail experience. I learnt how to efficiently manage given task to produce quality work. Team members become close and are very welcoming. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people, both customers and employees, and helping customers.
Tiring and tideous
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW5 February 2018
Whilst the company was lovely to be a part of. I can definitely say that the environment is not something to consider long term. Why? It tends to be quite dull and demeaning after a period of time.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long hours, short hours
It was a good work experience for me
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton City QLD1 February 2018
It was a fun invorment and filld with great success and good people. I only did work experience for my retail course. It was a good place to learn what it is like to work in that sort of retail industry.
Pros
Good lunch area
Cons
Not a lot of long hours
Easy-going and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW23 January 2018
It was more or less an enjoyable workplace to be in; the staff were quite friendly and were willing to help out with any issues that I had. Being a bit of a cleaning freak, there was a lot of opportunities to tidy up products, however their management is a bit loose in terms of cleanliness. I really enjoyed working at the change rooms where a lot of people commute, I became engrossed with looking after people's shopping and giving it back when they came out alongside reorganizing returned clothing; time flew by really quickly when you're enjoying work. I do wish however that there was a more effective way of preventing theft in the change rooms as I once or twice found ripped packaging whilst I was cleaning, although I believe that it was significantly decreased when I continuously checked people's belongings or shopping despite the annoyed glances.
Pros
Hospitable environment, friendly staff
Cons
Lack of security
fast pace work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 January 2018
its a fast working paced environment with a lot of hard working people everyday. It has a lot of people that are from different cultures. the hardest time is when a customer can not decide on what they need or want and you try your best to help them to deicide then they disagree.
Pros
event decorations
Friendly Environment
Team Member (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Helensvale QLD16 January 2018
I appreciate the employees and management I am surrounded by as they create a fun, friendly and safe environment in the workplace. I have learnt many skills and also built on the skills I previously had. When the store begins to become busy, it can be hard to complete the current task given by management. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to have fun with colleague whilst still getting the set task complete. Target is a great first job to have.
Pros
Fun and friendly team members
Cons
Long Hours
Great place to work at
Customer Service Assistance (Current Employee) –  Mt Gravatt QLD12 January 2018
Very busy during the christmas time , i have learned sooo much ...my confidence went from being na 7 to a 9 ....i love customer liaison. The hardest part of the job is when the registers gets busy...but with great team work we still manage to serve and make customers happy.
last but not least , i feel welcomed.
Pros
good pay
Cons
low hours
I love working at target. I’ve been there for 14 years. Management and staff are very supportive and fun to work with.
Customer service assistant. Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  St Marys NSW7 January 2018
I work with is company for14 years. Management and staff are very easy to work with and supportive. Not only I work in the cosmetic department I also helped out in ladies and menswear. The only reason why I’m looking for another job is because I need a full time job and something different.
Pros
Close to home. Nice place to work.
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Merredin WA2 January 2018
Best place to work. Was fun and i learnt alot. It gives tou a chance to get to see every part of the store and see how it works. Sad that i had to leave due to moving
Pros
Lunches and birthday cakes
Well-organised workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wantirna South VIC1 January 2018
Over my 5 days of Work Experience, I had worked in the warehouse unpacking boxes, and in the store stocking returned items, pricing items and cleaning displays.
Fun work place
Employee /beauty area (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 December 2017
Love working here its a safe place to be with great people around me. Pay and breaks are good and would love to continue working here as i have had the best possible training too
Pros
Great people
Cons
Busy
Target
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Knox City Centre VIC21 December 2017
Loved working there, was given good hours. When i was working there they gave me flexible times to go with my Year 12 studies. Great team, great work.
Amazing team
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Caroline Springs VIC5 December 2017
work experience at target was amazing as the co-workers are people who i still have an active friendship with. Overall amazing team and a friendly work environment.
Friendly environment.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW4 December 2017
Everyone i worked with was extremely friendly. Through working at Target, I was able to develop my customer service skills and adapt to working environment.
fun work place, ind people
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Glenquarie nsw21 November 2017
it is a good working place with caring people. they provide good working hours and has helped me with better retail knowledge. the work culture at target is an experience that is a good space
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Meadow Springs WA17 November 2017
It was a safe and non-judgmental environment. The managers were understanding when you made a mistake and it was a great learning environment. The training was good and the staff were good to work with. The hardest part of the job was staying calm when a customer was being abusive but it was good because the managers were straight on it in dealing with the customer. I enjoyed doing customer service. My typical day would include, signing in, going to my manager who will give me my work for the day, some days I would be at the door, other days I would be on the floor and at the tills.
Pros
Free lollies in tea room
Cons
Not enough hours
I enjoyed this role as it was varied and different
Part Time Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 October 2017
As a Sales Merchandiser I was required to do window striping and set up Kodak Express Stores, Merchandise instore.
When calling on Pharmacies, Target and Big W, I would check stock levels of the various products I was representing and report these details along with any problems I encountered.
Pros
Great hours
I loved working for Target
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Point Cook VIC16 October 2017
Best first job, good for students who are studying full time as it has a good work life balance, my co workers were the best, I'm close to some of them up to this day and the duties were easy
Pros
friendly staff, easy
Cons
short breaks