Target Employee Reviews

Found 109 reviews matching the search See all 42,684 reviews
Productive Workplace
Door Greeter (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 October 2017
A typical day at the office. Long hours, friendly staff, the most enjoyable part of my job would be the interesting customers i would deal with within my role. Clean and tidy work environment.
Pros
Break Times
Cons
Long Hours
Great environment and staff
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 October 2017
Target was a great experience for social interactions with customers but I always felt the urge to pursuit a career in working for fashion brands within retail.
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Waverley VIC13 October 2017
Good place to work. Management is a bit soulless, but working here will equip you with good retail skills and will teach you how to zone out and just focus and get the job done.
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Castle Hill NSW4 October 2017
Its been a great 2 years, I've learned much along the way and have been satisfied with my stay here. Friendly staff and amazing benefits. Great place to learn how to sharpen your customer service experience.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Welcoming place, convenient to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Templestowe VIC18 September 2017
My experience with Target was overall enjoyable. The team was very friendly and good at what they did.

The hardest part of the job was adapting to the new log-in system which became an issue for me

The Management was so wonderful. The store manager and others who were involved were so passionate about what they did and were being concerned with the overall wellbeing of their staff. they never came short with the support they offered.

i enjoyed working at the registers the most as it was fast paced and i got to talk to different kinds of people every day

if there is anything that i will complain about it would be the amount of shifts that were given out. consider how the store was closing down and there was not a lot of money coming in, nonetheless, i eventually very rarely got a shift and i found this frustrating.
Pros
discounted products
Cons
not enough shifts were given
Extreme pressure and lack of training for new team members
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Northland Shopping Centre VIC4 September 2017
I enjoyed working for the company but unfortunately the position became redundant due economic times.
.................................................
TV installed to lunch room for team members
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taree NSW27 August 2017
Great company to work for, very family orienated, lots of training if interested. I would still be happily employed if admin positions were not made redundant.
Pros
happy and friendly atmosphere
Cons
lots of two and throw changes in the business
Great place to work great staff
Temp Positio (Former Employee) –  Mansfied VIC16 August 2017
I enjoyed working here cleaning the store vefore opening got along well with other staff.i dont know what else to say
except it was a great place to work
Pros
Early starts
Cons
No cons
Great workplace and always something to do.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pagewood NSW11 August 2017
I loved working at Target. I always had something to do from helping people, shelving and stock replenishment. I was always on time and had responsibility and commitment.
Pros
Fun team
Cons
Short breaks
Diverse
Sales Assistant / Register Operation (Former Employee) –  Inner West NSW10 August 2017
A very diverse job where you are asked to do alot of different tasks

Workplace culture was quite friendly

Management were also friendly

Could get have very busy days or very quiet days
Pros
Discounts
Wide range
Target work experience (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 August 2017
Has a wide range of working areas where it helps you build on you skills and qualities while keeping you busy with the daily schedule. Management is outstanding and everyone is very friendly and cooperative.
Great workplace to begin career
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sale VIC8 August 2017
All around good environment and great team, good management,

Great support, flexible hours, good community.

Sad to go!
good collegues
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockdale NSW8 August 2017
overall i enjoyed but only for a short period of time. it was nice to get some experience at a retail store, i had fun, made friends and learnt to do a lot
Awesome
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Roselands NSW2 August 2017
Awesome experience. New challenges everyday, give a good experience in general everyday life to come. Awesome place to make even more awesome friends. Learn about teamwork and how to leave a smile on each customers and team-members face.
Target
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Erina NSW30 July 2017
Typical retail environment and customer service was limited. Basic stock replenishment and shop presentation for the Target brand. The people were friendly and the most enjoyable part was working in the team.
Pros
First hand look at stock
Cons
Not long term position
Target
Casual worker (Former Employee) –  Morley WA22 July 2017
- Sign in, start work, have a 15 minute break, finish work, sign out

- I learned how to use a cash register, how to close a till, how to provide quality customer service

- The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many new people every time I started work
eductional
Part time - permanent (38hrs per week) (Former Employee) –  Bowen QLD21 July 2017
This was my first taste of the working world as a young man. It was only a role i took while securing my apprenticeship, but none the less taught me customer service skills, and cash handling abilities. The culture was that of a normal retail industry, and the were no bad parts of the role, the work was fair as were the hours and pay.
typical retail day
Customer Service/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW20 July 2017
greet all customers with a smile. everyday I learn something new. Management is always on the floor helping as much as they can. the culture within the work place is diverse and acceptable. hardest part of my job at this moment in time is trying to move forward within that career. most enjoyable part is working with nice and pleasant people.
Pros
simple tasks
Cons
not always busy
loved it
DC Line Operator / Reserves (Former Employee) –  Salisbury SA18 July 2017
was an easy atmosphare, nice people to work with. did the job as requested. had fun.

i am happy to do what ever it takes, i was on a short term contract.
Work expirience review
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY/VOLUNTEERING/WORK PLACEMENTS (Former Employee) –  Bacchus Marsh VIC18 July 2017
I did work experience for target the manager was a very friendly and nice man as were all the other people working in the store, the store is in a good location and there was always a job to keep you occupied, really i can't say anything bad about my work experience at target.
Pros
good hours friendly, co-workers
Cons
can't think of any