Target Employee Reviews

Found 109 reviews matching the search See all 42,536 reviews
Good team menber to team member support
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Point Cook VIC15 July 2017
A typical day at target comprise of unloading of main days pallets of truck to then be unpacked and sorted out by department. There is a also other courier delivery's which are dealt with as required. The hardest part is when there is a over-wheeling amount of work to be done with little to no help but the expiation is that the work still is required to be completed.
I enjoy independence of the job and challenging myself to complete priory work first and ensuring that my work is area is always clean and tidy and ensuring that other work collage see this and maintain that day by day.
great team spirit
FLOOR STAFF (Former Employee) –  Bribie Island QLD13 July 2017
Great to work for.
Learned about complaints and returns compliants.
Management was fabulous.
Workplace culture was great.
Hardest part was setting up for catalogues.
Short But Sweet
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Robina QLD9 July 2017
My Journey here was short but sweet... I lived on the Gold Coast and worked here as a service assistant... However due to a family emergency I had to move back to Melbourne.... Hence I had to quit this work.
Decent Place to work with
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Broadmeadows VIC7 July 2017
* Working from 9am to 5pm
* I've learn how to take responsibility things on each aisle and also cleanliness.
* The hardest part of the job was finding which merchandise is stocks and non stocks.
* The most enjoyable part of the job was arranging stuff on aisle.
Cons
Short Break
Short time
Customer Service Assistant/Fitting Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charlestown NSW6 July 2017
I worked here briefly. Good environment for retail, lost of nice people, good hours and nice people to work with. Would work here again, although I moved so i couldn't
Pros
nice people
Productive workplace
Cashier/ Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA3 July 2017
Fun and Productive workplace with friendly staff. Target try's to help make the employees time working for them a positive experience and one to remember.
Great work environment
Customer Liaison Officer (meet & greet) (Current Employee) –  Burnie TAS30 June 2017
I work with a great group of people and my manager is really approachable and willing to assist when needed. During the past two years I have developed a strong knowledge of my role and responsibilities working in the retail industry.
Pros
great team culture
Cons
nil
Productive and fast paced
Retail assitant (Former Employee) –  Geraldton WA29 June 2017
- excellent staff to work with, as they allow you to learn on the job, and give great feedback to learning new skills and ethics in your desired area.
An okay workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Morang VIC22 June 2017
The management has gotten worse each year due to managers being fired for theft and not being fair towards employees. Can be hard to get a shift due to the store not having enough money to pay staff.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
management is not good
Awesome
Retail Worker (Former Employee) –  Runaway Bay QLD15 June 2017
I loved working for Target. Spending 8 hours working in Target has taught me more about Retail and if the time comes, I would love to work again for the company.
Pros
Breaks
fast paced and organised
Problem solver (Former Employee) –  Knox City VIC12 June 2017
good experience and got a lot out of it for the time that is was there was offered part time work because they were impressed with how well i worked but was unable to take the offer
Pros
good experience
Cons
A great work environment.
Stock Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD9 June 2017
Working at Target was interesting to see the stock and fashion before it went to the show room floor. Lots of great people to work with and a challenge to supply great service to our customers.
Pros
Previewing stock
Cons
Difficult costomers
Fast paced and fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrnambool30 May 2017
This position allowed a lot of customer contact. It was fantastic for improving my skills when dealing with customers and problems due to issues with stock as well as experience with till operations.
Pros
Daily quotas
Cons
Standing in the spot
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mt Druitt NSW30 May 2017
Very productive and most staff do help one another and work very hard.
Management is good, some work harder than others.
Hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with rude customers considering there is no security.
good
floor worker (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW29 May 2017
good for a 1st job, nice managers and workers. friendly staff and alot of good experiences. the pay was good. fair amount of breaks and resters all over it was a good job.
Enjoyable and friendly but left out to dry
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southport QLD29 May 2017
After 20 years of services my target (southport park) is closing with little over 3 months notice, with such short notice our full time and part timers have had little to no success in locating jobs. All other target in my area are looking exclusively for casuals to save money.

Besides the current state of affairs, we were like family that developed over many years or decades for some. Everyone was friendly and often going to dinner parties and baby showers.
Pros
southport store is familly
Cons
dont care that now we start from cratch( casual )
dont love it but dont hate it
Full time sales assistant (Current Employee) –  North Lakes QLD22 May 2017
Overall is not a bad place to work at, the staff are nice and the job isn't so bad it is just the rude customers that can really ruin you.
I have learnt how to merchandise and stock take.
Most of the management team.
The hardest part of the job would be the stress that we go through as there is usually not enough staff on.
the most enjoyable part is the team that we work as.
Pros
the staff are great
Cons
Little stressful
Very Repetative
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA21 May 2017
Target can get very boring at times especially on the floor. Once I turned 18 i was cut off from the company due to being too expensive as a casual with no prior warning.
Pros
Discounts, Roster Management, Salary
Cons
Lack of job security, not many shifts
100% Happy
service, Register supervisor, refunds and layby (Former Employee) –  Belconnen ACT18 May 2017
such a huge part of my early working life. I made great friends through work and had the pleasure of working with my Mother. Target provides great oppportunity.
active and fast paced work environment
Store assistant (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Merrylands NSW17 May 2017
working in Target is pretty exciting, you always have to be active and on your feet. you have to enjoy hands-on work and you have to learn to multitask at the same time.

while working in target I learned a lot of things especially I enriched my product knowledge and adapted the manner how you should handle a hard customer while having a smile on your face.

in the store, all the other staff was helpful and understanding.