Target Employee Reviews

Found 109 reviews matching the search See all 42,571 reviews
Can be very boring at times.
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 May 2017
I found it boring working there constantly, always trying to somehow occupy myself, even if is just tapping things, dancing every now and than but is a good experience for work for a start and helps you to learn about retail.
Pros
Might get discounts if lucky
Cons
long hours, not very entertaining and is very much the same thing over and over again.
Fun, Enjoyable, Professional, Friendly
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Lakes QLD10 May 2017
Great people to work with, many different cultures and backgrounds, no discrimination. Professional and friendly, hard working and great at team work.
Great place
Retail sales and floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA4 April 2017
Good work environment with good people. flexible work hours and days to roster. able to work in different departments and learn new skills. great for all agaes
Pros
good hours
Cons
late nights
Productive, helping others
Excellent customer service (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC31 March 2017
Sometimes frustrating when they don't replace others causing more mess.
But overall it feels good when helping others and receiving compliments.
I enjoy working with others and different people
Pros
encouragement
Cons
no replacements
Proactive and hard working
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC25 March 2017
On a day to day basis you have to be ready to work and take on the challengers and the requirements that are thrown on top of you, but other than that it`s fun and such welcoming workers.
Target is alright
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lithgow NSW25 March 2017
I have got to make new friends but I am currently in year 12 and I have been getting a fair few shifts so I can hardly get any of my school work done. The management are really nice and kind, and the staff are really kind and give a helping hand to anyone
Pros
friendly people
Target has gone downhill
Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  NSW18 February 2017
Management is absolutely insane, put so much pressure on employees. No shifts are given out, no staff which leaves each employee with 4 departments to clean. Mostly the management tend to make it a worse experience. Absolutely no staff incentives. Definitely not a place to work at for lifetime.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor management, no staff incentives, too much pressure.
Good but bad
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Joondalup WA18 February 2017
Its good to work there if you get enough shifts. friendly team members and management. But its bad when you are given very little shifts, and very little shifts mean no bills get paid.
Pros
staff room
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to start a first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 February 2017
Loved Working at Target. Learnt how to do many things such as
Customer service, stock shelfs and use equipment.Got given good hours and met very friendly people. The staff discount is very poor but had good deals during my time their.Good way to start a career there for young people.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Poor Staff Discount
then staff are friendly job itself was a bit slow
Sales (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 February 2017
management and staff are amazing, the job itself was kind of boring but the hours are pretty good they listen to your availability which is good.
fast paced friendly environment
Target - team member / trainer (Former Employee) –  Morgantown WA30 January 2017
A typical day was usually fast paced especially when there was a major reset (near holidays or new seasons). I learned a lot about working efficiently and effectively within your own workload but also as a part of a team. Also as a trainer I learned to be articulate when working with new team members and having different options to help them learn to the best of their ability. Management was also receptive to feedback on any issues we ran into as a team and worked with us as best they could. The hardest part of the job would come with huge workloads and short hours making us work double at times to be in the green. The most enjoyable part was the team aspect of the company and employees. Everyone is willing to jump in where need to help all teams work as smoothly as possible.
productive workplace, nice people to work with
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Pacific Fair Shopping Centre QLD18 January 2017
Learnt how to use the registers and became more confident and comfortable with customer service. Hours I hoped would be more regular and a little longer but what was given was
Pros
lovely people
Cons
not many shifts
Productive and comfortable work place
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 January 2017
While working part-time at Target Beerwah my duties included serving customers, both in store and on the phone, setting up and finalising lay-buys and tidying the store floor and the back dock.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Short Shifts
Would have stayed if not for poor pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC11 January 2017
I loved my job at Target. However staff are paid far too poorly and sufficient hours are not available - unless you want to go to the extreme and become a department manager - in which case you are giving up your entire life.
Cons
Poor pay, poor hours
Stability
Cashier duties (Former Employee) –  Miranda NSW2 January 2017
Not a stable work place

too many team members quitting or starting - no structure or balance

Managers were not suited for the roles

Rules were not enforced - ie clothing/uniforms
Pros
overtime
Cons
no stable managers
high expectations but fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA29 December 2016
they had high expectations and were always busy but the other staff made work fun and enjoyable. they were all very friendly and welcoming when i first started
Target Wollongong
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW12 December 2016
Working at target
You always had something to do
You never had to stand around and do nothing
Serving people at registers
Stocking shelves
Hanging clothes
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Marys NSW7 December 2016
-Work was pretty fun, typically busy but fun.
-I learn how to push a big trolley. I also learnt that if you were new, there will always be that one person who legit doesn't like you for no reason. My first day at work, my manager told me to go with this person and bring out the big trolley for the boxes and I was struggling to push the trollys because I didn't know how to operate it, I even asked her to help me but she didnt even help. Untill I had a different co-worker shoe my how to put the big trolley.
-The management was alright
-My co-workers were amazing to work with. Well except for one person.
-The hardest job would be moving a lot of boxes alone.
-My most enjoyable job was ripping the cardboard boxes and just being able to do something at work.
Pros
Met new people
Cons
Had someone not like me for no reason
Work placement with Target
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Merrylands NSW8 November 2016
During the ten week period that I underwent in work placement with Target I gained experience of the retail industry. Although I was mainly working as a floor staff, I was able to interact with different customers, assist them with any enquiries which allowed me to develop my skills in customer service which is one of my attributes i pride myself on. It was a successful work experience program which benefited me immensely.
Good
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD21 October 2016
Management went bad.