Tarocash Employee Reviews

Customer Assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA30 April 2019
Company really needs new management..
Hours are supposed to be based on your sale targets being reached but are far from.
Loads of favouring of staff going on here, specially between area managers hiring their friends and giving them majority of the store shifts, instead of employees who are hired based on skill sets and hitting individual KPIs which is what company claims hours are being based on.
Pros
Incentives are great
Cons
Unfair treatment of staff
Upbeat, fun and creative
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burwood, NSW, AU9 December 2018
Decent management, willing to help out the inexperienced.
Fun work environment, able to develop friendships but can be overwhelming at times.
Casual hours, a con for full-time workers
Pros
Fun work
Cons
Casual Hours
productive fun
Educator at OSHC (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT27 November 2018
Working in education it is different everyday. You learn to adapt to different energies the students are at. The hardest part is trying to facilitate for all needs. The most enjoyable part to this job it is rewarding to see the development of their learning
Pros
Learning something new everyday
Cons
No breaks
Stressful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 September 2018
Tarocash is bad Company to work for they don’t care about the staff they only care about kPI and making money if you don’t sell they will cut your shift
Pros
Cons
8 hours
Stressful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 September 2018
Very stressful job it’s all about KPI if you don’t sell they will cut your shifts it’s all about performing I hate it they want you to push to sell it’s a very bad company to work for
Pros
Cons
8 hours
Sales driven culture designed to push towards results
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD18 September 2018
Opening and closing of the store
Writing out daily goals and sales targets
Preparing the store for high turnover ensuring it it is in best presentation.
Building strong client relationships and converting into high dollar transactions.
Team development and training.
I learnt in management that a store thrives when leaders lead from the front.
The workplace culture is fun, light hearted yet a sincere effort to make the best effort for a strong dollar productive day.
The hardest part was not reaching target for the day.
The most enjoyable part was seeing each member of the team achieve towards their goal of ultimate customer satisfaction.
Pros
Commission structure
Cons
Overtime when needed including days off
High stress
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 July 2018
They dont care about their staff unless they make big sales, minimum training, stress full work place and inconsiderate of personal matters. its all about how much money you make them
Unstable Job position
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 February 2018
The company overall was somewhat enjoyable yet very unstable working environment. Management was not very supportive or helpful with educating and assisting staff to achieve unrealistic sales targets and KPI’s. Management was not flexible with rostering shifts and communication when and if shifts had been changed or removed.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Poor management, Unrealistic sales targets, non supportive work environment
Productive and very challenging
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA,15 January 2018
It was a fun invirament, I do enjoy working There, people are friendly and very supportive. But what I like most about it was that every day we all have different target of how many sale we need make, it’s is very challenging and sometime it can be very competitive in which I like most, I like to push myself to the limit and see how far I can go.
Wouldnt recommend
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Browns Plains QLD28 November 2017
No job security, Treat you as a number not an individual.
Area managers only want people there familiar with as soon as a new area manager comes in they get rid of all the original workers.
Pros
clientele
Cons
short hours, shifts just taken from you
enjoy product but not micro-management
RETAIL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 August 2017
I believe that area managers need to keep their managers happy and need to be there to support them.

Unfortunately, My passion for the brand has dropped after new management started.

I'm hoping to find something else that I can be passionate about and return to loving my job!
that retail for you
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chadstone VIC3 August 2017
I did get along with majority of staff but as always in retail there is some sneaky ones you have to watch out for, who will take any opportunity to go behind your back and thats not the type of environment I want to work in.
No supportive or encouraging
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD7 February 2017
This company has no loyalty to their staff, they care more about the all mighty $$$$. If you don't meet their unrealistic budgets you get kicked to the curb. The managers aren't encouraging or supportive. Unless you're willing to push customers to buy clothes they don't really want or need.....DON'T BOTHER APPLYING!!!!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No loyalty
Not a happy enviroment, no help from senior management, budgets to high
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA29 January 2017
In store team very nice
Senior management quick to tell you what is wrong but not to show how to fix
Very competitive atmosphere
Clicky groups
Pros
Cons
Made to feel inadequate, budgets to high, not helpful to try to increase sales
Mens clothing
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 January 2017
Strict targets

Good management

Average pay

Not ideal for those looking for progression

Flexible hours - good for students

Great teams
fun enviroment with lots of incentives
Rubi Shoes casual sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Epping VIC31 January 2016
commission based workplace, with lots of targets and kpis.
fun and outgoing environment. friendly and we cater for a wide age group. great team work to make budgets,
Best part of the job was helping the customers
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Roselands, NSW1 November 2015
Great company and great co- workers, learnt styling and outfitting, meeting kpi's, achieving store and personal budgets, cash handling, opening and closing procedures, handling objections, approaching customers and meeting their needs, taking calls, general cleaning, socializing and interacting with customers and the team co-workers.
productive and fun fast pace working enviroment
Multi-site Manager Trainer Buyer V/M (Former Employee) –  Brisbane/Gold Coast9 July 2015
A fun environment with great company culture, a lot of upper management support. Despite being all about numbers, there is great training and support in place.
A motivating place to be that very much puts you in the driver's seat of the business.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD24 March 2015
A day at work at Tarocash very much involves multi-tasking and time management skills.
Reading emails, taking phone calls, making changes instore whilst outfitting a groom for his wedding and then adding on a casual outfit for his honeymoon in the meantime training new team on how to qualify customers as they coming in store often adding on and closing sales could definitely be described as a typical day at Tarocash.

Iv'e learnt that customers come first, and that conversion and sales only come with the"right" way of doing so by "breaking the ice" then "qualifying" and then "demonstrating" etc..

Iv'e also learnt how to merchandise so that stock SELLS.

I am a manager and Iv'e learnt from the best that it takes people skills, strong leadership and working with team to achieve and maintain optimal results.

The hardest part of my job is not being able to spend perhaps a little bit longer time to be able add on more.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing and hearing exactly how happy and wowed a customer will be when they get more than they were coming in for.

I also enjoy seeing how team take on the same enthusiasm to perform and get a kick out of smashing targets and not putting limits as to what they can achieve.
Pros
Commision
Cons
can be long hours sometimes
Productive and fun workplace.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatswood, NSW19 November 2014
* A very strong commission and KPI focused retail role. Greeting each customer and assisting them from start to finish. Training, supervising, motivating, and reviewing staff. Maintaining stock levels, ensuring the quality of supplies, and supervising the quantity, type, and scheduling of orders. Merchandising- planning the layout and design of displays. Supporting the area manager, and relieving duties when he/she is unavailable.

* Learnt all about men's fashion and the ability to be able to approach people and meet their needs and requirements. Learnt how to manage a store and support the staff working for me.

*We did not have a huge support from higher management, but I did have a wonderful direct manager who really put effort into increasing my sales and skills.

* The hardest part of this job was making sure each of the staff members were able to hit their own personal KPIs.

* Co-workers became like family. I really enjoyed working with them, and training them and helping them achieve their goals also.

* The most enjoyable part of my job was how we all worked as a team and were able to enjoy commission in our pays each week. I loved the creative merchandising side of working for Tarocash and being able to be fun and social whilst at work.
Pros
meeting lots of people and being social at work
Cons
working on my day off if the store is behind plan to pick up the pace